• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It is still interesting that that the ambassadors of Russia, Italy and Singapore met with Trump's people at his first major foreign policy address though, and that the Rosneft deal went through those countries. More smoke.

https://cftni.org/recent-events/donald-trump-delivers-foreign-policy-speech/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-rosneft-privatisation-insight-idUSKBN1582OH

Like I said, if someone legit comes out with this then I'll believe it. Abramson has zero credibility right now and has shown zero evidence to back anything up. This is just like the bullshit he spun during the primaries and the election.

What in the hell is he even talking about what would Obama even explode about?! Holy shit!

He's a victim of republican hype on the impending death of Obamacare because rates rose for some. The right and the ms jumped on this story last year and hyped is as the death of Obamacare except right after rates leveled off and are scheduled to stay that way or drop. Trump has been drinking the FOX cool aid like every other retired old person with nothing better to do than watch fox 24-7 and he is confident Obamacare is set to blow up and be proven right.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Honestly, this is not a great scenario for democrats.

All republicans will blame them. The right-wing media will join in the big lie. All their constituents will believe them, and the cycle will continue onward with full GOP control of government in 2018.

On a side note, how great was Pelosi and Obama for getting the ACA through? Unbelievable job. We may not see something like that again for a long, long time.

Slime

Banned
Like I said, if someone legit comes out with this then I'll believe it. Abramson has zero credibility right now and has shown zero evidence to back anything up. This is just like the bullshit he spun during the primaries and the election.

Abramson has nothing to do with it, though. Those are links to a press release from the organization that hosted the speech, as well as a report on the Rosneft deal from Reuters.

shem935

Banned

All republicans will blame them. The right-wing media will join in the big lie. All their constituents will believe them, and the cycle will continue onward with full GOP control of government in 2018.

Who gives a shit. They control the government. They are acting like an opposition party and you are treating them like one. Voters won't.

Owzers

On a side note, how great was Pelosi and Obama for getting the ACA through? Unbelievable job. We may not see something like that again for a long, long time.
They need an actual plan to fix Obamacare and not just vaguely say it has problems.

People are gonna blame Democrats for an incredibly unpopular bill no one wanted to pass? what?

Barzul

It's so easy for Democrats to say look. They have the numbers, they don't need us to do anything. This line of attack will not work. Trump is already at sub-30 approval ratings.

If you can show an example of a party in total control pulling something like this off I'd be interested to see how.

It's so easy for Democrats to say look. They have the numbers, they don't need us to do anything. This line of attack will not work. Trump is already at sub-30 approval ratings.

Sub-30???

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Who gives a shit. They control the government. They are acting like an opposition party and you are treating them like one. Voters won't.

Republican voters will still support the GOP like always.

They need an actual plan to fix Obamacare and not just vaguely say it has problems.

Agreed. They screwed it up big time. Had years and years to come up with something, lied that they had something better, then scrambled over a few weeks to do it and came up with something so terrible they couldn't even pass it. Hilarious.

People are gonna blame Democrats for an incredibly unpopular bill no one wanted to pass? what?

It's the Dems fault!! But how with a majority?

How can they be the underdog win everything is under their control?

I'm not saying it is the democrats fault, but republicans will be repeatedly pushing this for years. Anything they can do to accelerate the destruction of the US healthcare system will happen, and they'll put the blame on democrats.

Except democrats have been horrible at messaging. I'm hoping Ellison and the new leadership means that all changes, but I have my doubts. They've had the policies most Americans agree with for years now. Just couldn't effectively take it to the polls for a variety of reasons (WWC coming out of nowhere, gerrymandering, etc.).

If you can show an example of a party in total control pulling something like this off I'd be interested to see how.

I have none, but we're two months into the presidency and he still has aces up his sleeve like immigration and tax reform. If they screw that up, I'll be on your side. Now, though? They'll still unite.

shem935

Banned
Trump: HEY DEMOCRATS DID THAT THING, OBAMACARE!!! THEY FUCKED UP RIGHT?

Voters and common sense: You mean that bill that gives 20 million people insurance and is 52% popular and climbing?

Plinko: Hold on guys I think he has a point.

What exactly is a "great scenario for Democrats?"

Again, no one blames things on the opposition. It's always the President's fault.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Abramson has nothing to do with it, though. Those are links to a press release from the organization that hosted the speech, as well as a report on the Rosneft deal from Reuters.

Abramson is the one connecting the dots and making assertions about said smoke. I don't trust him to do that at all.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Paul Ryan acting like Republicans got blindsided by being expected to govern. This is rich.

Plinko

Trump: HEY DEMOCRATS DID THAT THING, OBAMACARE!!! THEY FUCKED UP RIGHT?

Voters and common sense: You mean that bill that gives 20 million people insurance and is 52% popular and climbing?

Plinko: Hold on guys I think he has a point.

I don't believe a word Trump says, but you honestly think the average American voter cares about actual fact? Even after last election? Give me a break. They run to the nearest dogwhistle.

What exactly is a "great scenario for Democrats?"

The bill getting a vote and failing in the House or Senate would have been much better. Now, no GOP Congresspeople have this stain on their record. The top GOP Senators didn't even ever have to address it.

Trump keeps pretending his bill that didn't pass and everyone hates was great and democrats ruined it. Pure fantasy.

And that's what Foxnews, Limbaugh, Hannity, and every right-wing media source will push for years.

Ryan telling Trump that the ACA was going to explode was probably a bad idea for them.

And that's what Foxnews, Limbaugh, Hannity, and every right-wing media source will push for years.

Literally no one outside of the diehards will believe this was the Democrats' fault. I wish there was a roll call, but jesus, this is silly.

Like, he'll always get 35-40% of the vote. k. Next.

ALSO LIKE 100 REPUBLICANS VOTED FOR THIS BILL IN COMMITTEE

So not only is everyone going to blame the out-party for a bill not passing, they're going to blame them for an INCREDIBLY UNPOPULAR bill not passing? A bunch of Republican voters will stay home in 2018 because they didn't keep their promises.

kirblar

Well sure, Hoover got 40% of the vote in '32. The GOP core isn't going to change. We just need to bring back the people who voted for the Dems in 2006/08.
You don't really need to get a large % of those either, because if you just keep the people who voted for Clinton, you need a tiny margin of the other group.

Clinton/Trump looked a LOT different than Obama/McCain and Obama/Romney.

Oh, get tossed. You were saying the thing would pass the House not that long ago. What happened to that confidence?

In any case, two things:
1.) Not how anything works. The President's party owns failures like this, fair or otherwise. Trying to shift it onto the other guys didn't work for Carter, won't work for Trump.
2.) Blame Democrats for what? Keeping people's healthcare in tact? Sounds pretty great to me! Putting this on the Democrats is so easy when they can spin it right back in their faces like that. Especially when it doesn't make sense to begin with since Republicans have the majorities, bungled it anyway, and them not getting blamed for such a failure goes against all manner of norms and is based on fuck all other than "Trump is different! He just is!"

Of course, the true diehards are going to believe him, but that was always going to be the case no matter what. Nobody else will be fooled, and to say otherwise is based on absolutely nothing and decades of evidence to the contrary and just a pure instance that Trump is different.

Honestly, your a billion times worse with this shtick than Diablos ever was. Your just obnoxious with your pure insistence on worst-case-scenario based on nothing, and then sweeping it under the rug when nothing happens. Just stop.

All I know is that Republicans have been telling their constituents/base for the past 7 years that they need to repeal Obamacare and that they'll do it once they get the power to.

Voters give them the power to do this in 2016 and the Republican Party responds by... not repealing Obamacare.

That's a pretty demoralizing message to send to your base, IMO.

LMAO

C7te7WZW4AI4OXB.jpg

Plinko

So not only is everyone going to blame the out-party for a bill not passing, they're going to blame them for an INCREDIBLY UNPOPULAR bill not passing? A bunch of Republican voters will stay home in 2018 because they didn't keep their promises.

Most republican voters were against this bill. House GOP polling (posted on the board earlier) was awful this morning. Now they can pretend they were against it all along and move forward. Blame democrats for no healthcare changes being done, ignore the fact that their party pushed this, and move on.

If democrats can message this effectively in 2018, we could see a good thing happen. I just have yet to see that from the democratic party as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom