• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

If the FBI has flipped Flynn, is that something that Schiff would be privy to now? Aren't the House and FBI investigations independent of each other?

~Kinggi~

Banned
If the FBI has flipped Flynn, is that something that Schiff would be privy to now? Aren't the House and FBI investigations independent of each other?

As long as FBI calls this an active investigation they call the shots on who knows what. I mean Schiff may know that but he probably doesnt, least not officially.

The Senate map looks bad for Dems in 2018 (and why I think we should be way more focused on winning House and governors races), but at the same time, I have a hard time imagining a nationwide Republican wave if the current Republican congress is an inept mess and their Republican president is polling at sub-40 percent month after month.

Never, ever underestimate the power of right-wing hate media, and its ability to make sure, no matter what, those yokels vote (R), because (D)s are demons. Literal demons.

You can't fight that. We're fucked.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Nunes is dirty. Same jackass that was taunting reporters saying that maybe he should investigate if they have talked to the Russians. He is also clearly not that smart.

Ourobolus

Banned
https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/846493210960637952

"After much consideration I believe Chairman should recuse himself from involvement in investigation/oversight of Trump campaign & transition"

C79Y_idXkAEhE9z.jpg

Schiff saying Nunes needs to recuse himself.

Tommy DJ

Like, I literally don't know what or why Nunes is saying these things. It might be an attempt to muddy the waters but someone has to have told him that he's terrible at it.

Its like that Carter Page (?) interview on cable news. I dunno what compelled him to go on live TV but he gave the guiltiest response to a simple question that I've ever seen.

Maxim726X

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/846493210960637952

"After much consideration I believe Chairman should recuse himself from involvement in investigation/oversight of Trump campaign & transition"

Schiff saying Nunes needs to recuse himself.

Sadly, this will only be viewed as partisan bickering and will undoubtedly be ignored.

If there is indeed any foul play, an outside organization needs to step forward and make a statement to this effect (Comey... You owe us).

Schiff has been doing work on this thing. Every single GOP Rep, Senator, or WH official should have Dems breathing down their necks like Schiff's been doing to Nunes.

Never, ever underestimate the power of right-wing hate media, and its ability to make sure, no matter what, those yokels vote (R), because (D)s are demons. Literal demons.

It's more about Democratic and independent turnout than it is Republican turnout. If Democrats are fired up like they were in 2006 and 2008, and if they are able to court a significant amount of independent and non-voters to their side, then defending these states for the Senate should be realistic.

Blader

Republicans and right-wing media outlets have been portraying the Democrats as demons for 25 years. And yet, Democrats continue to win elections.

There are many Republicans who will never vote for a Democrat, ever, but there are many soft Republicans or independents who can be persuaded (or not incentivized to show up to the polls at all) -- and enough Democrats and independents who don't vote regularly that can be turned out -- to sway elections in Democrats' favor. It has been done before again and again.

ZOONAMI

Republicans and right-wing media outlets have been portraying the Democrats as demons for 25 years. And yet, Democrats continue to win elections.

There are many Republicans who will never vote for a Democrat, ever, but there are many soft Republicans or independents who can be persuaded (or not incentivized to show up to the polls at all) -- and enough Democrats and independents who don't vote regularly that can be turned out -- to sway elections in Democrats' favor. It has been done before again and again.

When was the last time midterms were good for Dems?

Midterms are almost always better for the party not in the White House, and 2006 was the last time we had a midterm election with a Republican in the White House.
The ONLY exceptions to the "midterm is better for not-White House party" trend in recent history are 1998 and 2002. 1998 because Republicans overplayed their hand by impeaching Clinton, 2002 because Bush was still riding on 9/11 afterglow.

Even then, those gains were fairly minimal - Clinton's Democrats had a net pickup of 5 seats in the House and 0 in the Senate, while Bush's Republicans did 8 in the House and 2 in the Senate.

Not saying that 2018 can't be another exception for whatever reason, but acting like it's some foregone conclusion that we're screwed is dumb. Liberals are energized and swing voters hate Trump. The Senate map sucks and we might still not win the House due to gerrymandering, but we stand a pretty good chance at gaining House seats if nothing else, and the five Romney state Senate Democrats (Manchin, Heitkamp, Donnelly, McCaskill and Tester) were just thrown a huge lifeline.

Chumley

Banned
The FBI cancelling the House intel meet and Schiff calling on Nunes to recuse is the batshit start to this week I more or less expected

This is a full blown fire alarm in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom