• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Stop putting everything on what "the left should be doing".

It's fucking annoying.

I'm just saying that there are much better ways to take down KC. Everyone threw a shitfit this morning because o'reilly made fun of a congresswoman's hair but hurdur kellyane looks like a man in drag.

Stop putting everything on what "the left should be doing".

It's fucking annoying.

The left should not be retweeting the experimental writing dude.

This is my line in the sand.

You can't move me.

(But a lot of nitpicky "this is why Trump won!" shit gets annoying so fast and it's just people saying they don't like a thing without having to justify it)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

tmarg

Add it to the file of "We're campaigning on this in 2018 and 2020."

A clear majority of Americans want his tax returns. Use it against these clowns.

If this still ranks as something to campaign on by then, this president and Congress will have been far more competent than I'm expecting.

The left should not be retweeting the experimental writing dude.

This is my line in the sand.

You can't move me.

(But a lot of nitpicky "this is why Trump won!" shit gets annoying so fast and it's just people saying they don't like a thing without having to justify it)

On the other hand, he's saying things we want to be true. I'm pretty sure by his logic if we retweet it enough it becomes true.

I was just thinking. If Republicans couldn't pass the AHCA, and the HFC gets too full of themselves and sinks Tax Reform/Cuts, how bad will that hurt Republicans in 2018? I feel like that will be a much bigger deal honestly. They are the party that constantly campaigns on cutting taxes and giving people back their money. If they cannot even agree on cutting taxes I think people are really going to turn on them.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with that sentiment. The problem I have is when that sentiment gets extended to people who didn't vote for Trump by treating states and regions as completely homogenous. No one ever says "get fucked, New Hampshire" because Trump came within 3000 votes of winning there.

I agree, but it's also not that true at the end. People say things like "fuck the South" all the time even though it's where a huge chunk of black people live and it's how the stats down here are so bad.

"Jackson, MS is rated fattest city in the US, hah, dumb hicks" is an entire thread right now even though Jackson is 80% black with a whopping per capita income of $17K. People love to punch down if an area is conservative regardless of people living there. It was my main factor in souring on the Sanders campaign.

Manafort-Linked Accounts in Cyprus Raised Red Flags:

Banking sources said some transactions on Manafort-associated accounts raised sufficient concern to trigger an internal investigation at a Cypriot bank into potential money laundering activities. After questions were raised, Manafort closed the accounts, the banking sources said.

A spokesman for Manafort told NBC News in a statement that all the accounts were set up at the direction of clients in Cyprus, a common banking center for Russians and Ukrainians, "for a legitimate business purpose."

"All were legitimate entities and established for lawful ends," the statement said.

Nah man, those were totally legit. We just closed them when people noticed weird activity for no reason.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Anderson Coopers bracket tonight was some March Madness shit and it was awesome.

C8C5UuaXwAAHF1u.jpg

I agree, but it's also not that true at the end. People say things like "fuck the South" all the time even though it's where a huge chunk of black people live and it's how the stats down here are so bad.

"Jackson, MS is rated fattest city in the US, hah, dumb hicks" is an entire thread right now even though Jackson is 80% black with a whopping per capita income of $17K. People love to punch down if an area is conservative regardless of people living there. It was my main factor in souring on the Sanders campaign.

The South gets it especially bad because in part people assume that even Democrats in the South are conservative even though in reality most "Dixiecrats" are now Republicans. That certainly showed up in a bunch of the condescending remarks made toward the region during the primary.

tbm24

I try to be considerate when it comes to political viewpoints so I feel compelled to ask, is it unreasonable for me to refuse to separate the racism, sexism, xenophobia, and bigotry that underlined just about everything Trump campaigned on when it comes to trying to understand his voters who flipped from Obama? It's really difficult for me to just accept someone can buy into the economic bullshit he was slinging and at the same time not be okay with racist garbage he wrapped it in.

I try to be considerate when it comes to political viewpoints so I feel compelled to ask, is it unreasonable for me to refuse to separate the racism, sexism, xenophobia, and bigotry that underlined just about everything Trump campaigned on when it comes to trying to understand his voters who flipped from Obama? It's really difficult for me to just accept someone can buy into the economic bullshit he was slinging and at the same time not be okay with racist garbage he wrapped it in.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all. I certainly don't think anyone who voted for Trump can ever call themselves decent people. They're all various shades of scum.

pigeon

Banned

Those people voted for Obama because he told them they weren't racist.

When Obama started talking about black lives, they decided to vote for a white supremacist instead.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Republicans are going fucking HAM with the congressional review act. There's really nothing as far as I've seen that Dems can do to stop the damage can they?. And i'm thinking then if or when they take back Congress and the White House. Aside from going 1984 on us they're about to destroy the environment and there's like nothing to stop them or fix the damage once they're gone.

Republicans are going fucking HAM with the congressional review act. There's really nothing as far as I've seen that Dems can do to stop the damage can they?. And i'm thinking then if or when they take back Congress and the White House. Aside from going 1984 on us they're about to destroy the environment and there's like nothing to stop them or fix the damage once they're gone.

It's 4 years. The environment can last 4 years. The world isn't ending. Calm down.

We could pass legislation of our own, assuming we ever get back the Senate. Or just do away with the Congressional Review Act.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It's 4 years. The environment can last 4 years. The world isn't ending. Calm down.

Ahh so it is possible to get back these regulations?. Cuz I've been looking around and I remember reading somewhere that they have to wait 7 years to look back at the repealed rules and re-implement something similar again. But I haven't read it elsewhere and otherwise all I've seen is federal agencies can't implement something similar again but no timeline making me think it's permanent.

We could pass legislation of our own, assuming we ever get back the Senate. Or just do away with the Congressional Review Act.

Ahh that makes me feel better. All this under the radar shit they're doing with the CRA is probably the most terrifying shit since it's looking like they'll never be able to pass any legislation of their own. Speaking of which it seems like they're spending all their time trying to destroy anything Obama and the Democrats have supported while having nothing good of their own to put forth.

Grexeno

Ahh so it is possible to get back these regulations?. Cuz I've been looking around and I remember reading somewhere that they have to wait 7 years to look back at the repealed rules and re-implement something similar again. But I haven't read it elsewhere and otherwise all I've seen is federal agencies can't implement something similar again but no timeline making me think it's permanent.
We could literally say "no we don't"

Wilsongt

On Monday, Donald Trump signed an executive order that will allow federal contractors to discriminate against LGBT employees.

The order revokes three previous orders issued by President Obama, including Executive Order 13673 or the “the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Order.” Signed in 2014, it required that companies receiving large federal contracts to demonstrate that they have complied for at least three years with federal laws prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender stereotyping.

He held the flag, gays for Trump, Twinks4Trump, etc

They can re-implement the regulation via law (according to Wikipedia). It doesn't mean the regulation is gone forever and can never ever come back.

Or just repeal the Congressional Review Act. Which, if the GOP is seriously abusing it, will likely be something on the table to do.

Nelo Ice

Banned
They can re-implement the regulation via law (according to Wikipedia). It doesn't mean the regulation is gone forever and can never ever come back.

Or just repeal the Congressional Review Act. Which, if the GOP is seriously abusing it, will likely be something on the table to do.

Well now I feel better but I guess in the meantime I'll have to sub to a VPN. Also yeah I hope Dems repeal it because it is insane how badly the GOP is abusing it. They can't agree on any of their own legislation so it seems they've decided on taking a shit on anything Obama and the Dems did.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lls-roll-back-obama-era-regulations/99690456/
The resolutions of disapproval reached the president's desk through the Congressional Review Act, a rarely used tool that allows Congress to fast-track a bills to reverse regulations. Before Trump, the law had been used successfully only once in its 21-year history.

chadskin

When Mr. Flynn was fired in mid-February, Mr. Trump and White House officials said he had misled the vice president about his conversations with Mr. Kislyak, which led to an embarrassing television appearance in which an oblivious Mr. Pence defended Mr. Flynn’s conduct.

In reality, Mr. Trump — convinced by Mr. Bannon, Mr. Priebus and Mr. Kushner — had already decided that Mr. Flynn was a liability, and was eager to find an excuse to get rid of him, according to three administration officials familiar with the episode.

Mr. Pence was a lot less upset about how the episode was publicly portrayed — and happily provided the president and his staff with a plausible explanation for getting rid of Mr. Flynn, the officials said, even though it made the vice president appear out of touch.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/us/politics/vice-president-mike-pence.html

So much for that narrative.

There is no imaginable scenario I can see this ordeal going down that doesn't leave a significant portion of Americans completely faithless in their government.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
"Was already looking at Flynn as a liability" is 100% carrying water for the admin's preferred narrative. The Pence excuse is billshit too, but this is the 1st step to accepting that Flynn's obvious Russian collusion is separate from Trump's. We know that's not true.

(Also further evidence Flynn has flipped and the admin is trying to muddle the timeline waters when we all know about the mysterious 3 weeks after Yates told the admin about Flynn.)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is like one of those crazy Glenn Beck chalkboard drawings but with real people and actually happening.

The difference between a conspiracy theory and investigative journalism is the evidence. If you've got the evidence to back up your assertions you're Woodward and Bernstein, if not you're Alex Jones or Glen Beck.

There is no imaginable scenario I can see this ordeal going down that doesn't leave a significant portion of Americans completely faithless in their government.
Already happened

Let's just the last year or so has really been an eye-opener after years of hearing about checks and balance, and how government works, and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom