• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get fucked, Rustbelt.

Yeah, the Great Lakes are only important to the states that immediately border them. And environmental protection is exactly the thing we should cut off out of spite. I guess I'll also point out that NY, IL, and MN voted for Clinton, but that's such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Next time try thinking before you post.

I mean, for the record, I'm pro-protecting the Great Lakes, because ultimately they are good.

But the people who supported Trump should probably have, like, thought more about this, also the white supremacy.

I get that, but I think there's a difference between, say, telling a Trump voter who thought "well I didn't think he planned to screw over ME" that maybe they should have thought more about the consequences of their vote and cheering on environmental destruction that will harm a whole lot of people who didn't vote for Trump because one believes the universe fucking revolves around New York City (not that I think you are doing that, but the original commenter was).

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
So VPN sales are about to spike?. Fuck this shit is horrifying.

Yeah this just popped up.

Banking sources tell @nbcnews Trump's ex-campaign chair Manafort was linked to at least 15 accounts and more than 10 companies in Cyprus.

https://twitter.com/RichardEngel/status/846846390554759172

Never a slow day in Trump world.

C8CaSjyV4AEaoGY.jpg

kirblar

I think this is probably fine. Perez is just preparing to restaff the whole DNC. The article says he'll interview the current staffers to see who to keep.

Frankly, it's probably a good thing to do just to soothe the ErasureAcer segment of the party.
Yeah, this is both a good PR move and a good move just to wrench control of the apparatus after Obama let it fester for 8 years.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cyprus is where dirty Russian money gets laundered, so that fits.

I mean, his real estate purchases in NYC are straight out of the Chinese money laundering handbook. So if you told me he's trying to clean dirty money, I'd believe you at this point. The trick in proving it is establishing the initial money is dirty.

I really never intended that to come across as trolling and I even said that I hope I'm wrong. I'm just disheartened that even after all the shit coming out about Nunes only one GOP house member has come out against him. It's insane.

Honestly, it feels like everyone who cares has written the house intel comitttee off as being compromised.

The only people who seem to care are the Dems who point out the hypocrisy and blatant obstruction and the house R's who are trying to protect themselves from dealing with the political fallout. Nunes acting like a partisan hack isn't enough for Ryan to admit fault and cast a shadow over his house and GOP leadership in general. Which is exactly what Nunes being removed would do. The majority of the GOP base seems to still be operating on this being a democratic hit job. Which is why Nunes's actions are excused by their base. Nunes is just protecting Jesus's chosen party from the liberal devils attacks. Something more concrete will need to be made public for enough pressure to exist to remove Nunes IMO.

I have more faith in the senate committee and Comey/FBI. I know Comey did Clinton no political favors, but I don't think he's a man who would let Russians interfere with our democratic process simply because an R won and not a D.

I really never intended that to come across as trolling and I even said that I hope I'm wrong. I'm just disheartened that even after all the shit coming out about Nunes only one GOP house member has come out against him. It's insane.

It took a few days for Sessions to get to the point of needing to recuse himself.

The first GOP rep to call for Nunes to recuse was just today. I am worried too but things might continue to evolve over the next few days.

All in all this Russia shit is moving about three times faster than I expected.

Chumley

Banned
I don't think he's a man who would let Russians interfere with our democratic process simply because an R won and not a D.

I want to believe that, but until he recommends charges on Trump, I don't. I can't parse what he did relating to Clinton in any other way than an active attempt to get Trump elected.

Wilsongt

I think this is probably fine. Perez is just preparing to restaff the whole DNC. The article says he'll interview the current staffers to see who to keep.

Frankly, it's probably a good thing to do just to soothe the ErasureAcer segment of the party.

Are we going to get purity test? :3 If you supported Hillary, straight to the guillotine? If you supported Bernie, you get a high level position?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People are worried in here because of Nunes' shenanigans? Come on. The House committee was never going to do anything. Senate committee and intelligence community are going to be the ones who do the real work here. Give it time. Each week, new information comes to light.

Yeah, the Great Lakes are only important to the states that immediately border them. And environmental protection is exactly the thing we should cut off out of spite. I guess I'll also point out that NY, IL, and MN voted for Clinton, but that's such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Next time try thinking before you post.

You act like I'm the one fucking them over.

People are worried in here because of Nunes' shenanigans? Come on. The House committee was never going to do anything. Senate committee and intelligence community are going to be the ones who do the real work here. Give it time. Each week, new information comes to light.

I'm worried about the fact that the House doesn't have any functional Intelligence Oversight. Having only a single point of failure to oversee our nations Intelligence apparatus is frankly terrifying.

pigeon

Banned
I get that, but I think there's a difference between, say, telling a Trump voter who thought "well I didn't think he planned to screw over ME" that maybe they should have thought more about the consequences of their vote and cheering on environmental destruction that will harm a whole lot of people who didn't vote for Trump because one believes the universe fucking revolves around New York City (not that I think you are doing that, but the original commenter was).

I agree. This is mostly what I was trying to say, but you said it more clearly.

Are we going to get purity test? :3 If you supported Hillary, straight to the guillotine? If you supported Bernie, you get a high level position?

I mean, literally the issue with Perez was that high-ranking Dems were nervous about Ellison being too Bernie-focused (which I've already commented is stupid), so I'm kind of like, again, us Clintonistas need to let go of this stuff and trust the party to do its job.

Morts

BREAKING: Ways & Means Committee Republicans just voted 24-16 AGAINST a resolution to request President Trump's tax returns.

https://twitter.com/WaysMeansCmte/status/846853746500009986

It will never sadly happen.

I do not understand how they face no hard questions about this. This is what, an hour after the USA Today report about Russian mafia connections in his financial network?

And it's crazy that all these Russia stories TODAY are drowning out the repeal of internet privacy protections.

Who said I was glad?

How am I supposed to interpret "Get fucked, Rustbelt?"

Also, let's keep in mind how small differences would change the narrative. Less than a 1% swing in WI, PA, MI means Hillary Clinton is president right now and while we probably discuss how disturbing the razor-thin margins in the Rust Belt are for our prospects in 2020 and beyond in this topic there wouldn't be the same level of anger directed towards the people who live there. I mean ultimately there really isn't very much difference in how those three states voted relative to NH, but there's this tendency to pass sweeping judgments towards every single resident of a state because of how the Electoral College treats those small differences.

Ac30

Deleware is a blue state and Iowa used to be lean D. Iowa also is the second biggest generator of wind energy and by far the largest per capita.

I had no idea, I thought they usually went red in presidential elections? Either way, fantastic news.

Nevermind I'm probably confusing it with some other state.

Red states are getting into renewable energies lately. That might not be the reason, but it is the only one I can think of.

Let's hope more and more utilities lobby their governors to do the same.

Ryuuroden

Get fucked, Rustbelt.

Um. A massive majority of the combined population of all the counties that border the Great Lakes voted for Clinton. The city's most affected by issues of the Great Lakes are blue cities. The majority of the population that uses water from the Great Lakes votes democratic. All the Republicans live inland and get water from reservoirs they are also the ones who go up to the lake to fish and spend money in blue cities. Cities like Cleveland Buffalo Chicago Milwaukee Detroit Rochester. Don't forget that Canada has a lot of cities on the Lakes too.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I do not understand how they face no hard questions about this. This is what, an hour after the USA Today report about Russian mafia connections in his financial network?

And it's crazy that all these Russia stories TODAY are drowning out the repeal of internet privacy protections.
All the juicy details on Russian connections are probably tied up in the returns for his businesses, not Trump's own personal returns. The FBI probably has those, anyways.

The most damaging thing in Trump's own returns is likely that he isn't paying much at all in taxes and that he's not nearly as wealthy as he says he is. It's stuff that would hurt his image and not neccesarily the key to the Russia stuff.

Ogodei

Trump won't throw out the first pitch on opening day because of a "scheduling conflict"

It's fair, i think. Protestors would buy out the tickets, people would boo and throw things on the field, counterprotestors would probably start a fight with the fans. It would just be a total shitshow.

Frankly i'm more disappointed in the Nats ownership for inviting him in the first place, President or not, those guys need to take a stand too.

I had no idea, I thought they usually went red in presidential elections? Either way, fantastic news.

Nevermind I'm probably confusing it with some other state.

Let's hope more and more utilities lobby their governors to do the same.

There are hundreds of bills being made or got made in the past three months alone to get Renewable Energy. I expect more will come for months to come.
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/24032017/renewable-energy-clean-energy-solar-wind-power-states-climate-change

Nelo Ice

Banned
So the new internet law is depressing as fuck. Is there any hope?. I know with that congressional review act the next FCC can't do shit to change it :(. Only sliver of hope I can even think of is taking it to the courts.

I have kind of a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about this Nunes row. It feels like the curtain has finally been pulled back and the entire GOP will try to sound "concerned" but will do nothing. Nunes won't recuse and they'll continue to block and obstruct people like Yates to no consequence. They all realize Trump is guilty but they know the party will be destroyed if the truth comes out.

Elections really do have consequences. This might be overly cynical but it seems to me the only man who can actually do anything is Comey, who I flat out do not trust at all, and I think if any journalist or reporter was going to discover a bombshell it would have happened by now.

Part of me still thinks it could all explode next month somehow, but ultimately if the Republicans choose in unison to obstruct justice and the truth, that's exactly what will happen.

Honestly, it's better politically if he drags this out and doesn't recuse immediately. Rule number 1 of getting past a scandal is to just accept the punishment while never admitting guilt. You do what Sessions did; you step aside while saying "I didn't do shit, but this is a distraction so I'll drop out whatevs I didn't want it anyway"

Literally no one knew who Nunes was months ago; the guy's approaching household name since he just won't shut the fuck up and leave. That plays great to get people in our base mad.

How am I supposed to interpret "Get fucked, Rustbelt?"

Also, let's keep in mind how small differences would change the narrative. Less than a 1% swing in WI, PA, MI means Hillary Clinton is president right now and while we probably discuss how disturbing the razor-thin margins in the Rust Belt are for our prospects in 2020 and beyond in this topic there wouldn't be the same level of anger directed towards the people who live there. I mean ultimately there really isn't very much difference in how those three states voted relative to NH, but there's this tendency to pass sweeping judgments towards every single resident of a state because of how the Electoral College treats those small differences.

I agree that the narrative would be different, but I'll just be blunt; I have literally zero (zilch, nada, etc...) empathy for anyone that voted for Trump, individually. I had students who are LGBT crying for a week after the election. I've got foreign exchange students who aren't sure if it's a good idea to go home on breaks. I have friends who may lose health insurance. None of them asked for this shit, and Trump voters rammed it down their throats anyway because they're all okay with outright white nationalism.

Fuck every single Trump voter. Fuck them for the rest of their days. If I were a perfect person, I'd forgive and move on, but I'm not and I won't.

I agree that the narrative would be different, but I'll just be blunt; I have literally zero (zilch, nada, etc...) empathy for anyone that voted for Trump, individually. I had students who are LGBT crying for a week after the election. I've got foreign exchange students who aren't sure if it's a good idea to go home on breaks. I have friends who may lose health insurance. None of them asked for this shit, and Trump voters rammed it down their throats anyway because they're all okay with outright white nationalism.

Fuck every single Trump voter. Fuck them for the rest of their days. If I were a perfect person, I'd forgive and move on, but I'm not and I won't.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with that sentiment. The problem I have is when that sentiment gets extended to people who didn't vote for Trump by treating states and regions as completely homogenous. No one ever says "get fucked, New Hampshire" because Trump came within 3000 votes of winning there.

Teggy

I think it's an old picture of Stewart in drag. It's sort of funny, but honestly not the type of thing the left should be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom