• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrain911

Look at how our paper is much smaller so that makes it better

I think it ties into this axiom: "Sometimes the way a message is delivered is more important than the message". People like the appearance of simplicity, especially when it is something that will effect their daily lives the way health care does. I think that is especially true for the Republican base. Black and white, short and simple, is also easily more appealing to people who are less educated.

chadskin

Analysis: GOP plan to cost Obamacare enrollees $1,542 more a year
We estimate that the bill would increase costs for the average enrollee by $1,542, for the year, if the bill were in effect today. In 2020, the bill would increase costs for the average enrollee by $2,409.
We reported above the results for individuals. For families, the Republican bill would increase costs by $2,243 if the bill were in effect today. For families with a head of household age 55 to 64, the bill would increase costs by $7,604. For families with income below 250 percent of poverty, the bill would increase costs by $6,228.

These cost increases would explode by 2020. We estimate that the Republican bill would increase costs for families by $4,274. For families with a head of household age 55 to 64, the bill would increase costs by $10,591. For families with income below 250% percent of poverty, the bill would increase costs by $9,024.

YIKES

Hhaha! Sure thing Spicer, go ahead and knock on Trump's door and ask if he's going to stop tweeting accusations! We'll be waiting...

What's worse politically for the GOP?

- Passing this shit and suffering the results.
- Repealing and not replacing.
- Doing jack shit and letting Obamacare die a slower death, but passing up on the repealing they've been screaming at their base for 6 years.

- Doing jack shit and letting Obamacare die a slower death, but passing up on the repealing they've been screaming at their base for 6 years.

With three they cant run for re election.

1 is the only one they can do and pray the effects aren't felt for a few years. 2 will have instant effects and 3 would also hurt them.

The first two.. the third option allows them to blame the democrats and see if the base swallows that and there's always a chance that they do.

But 1 and 2 will wreck them at midterms

At this point it's probably a choice between getting primaried or losing in November 2018.

So will younger than 60 people making more than 50-70k (above the obamacare cutoff) end up paying less under the new plan since there's tax credits for them now?

Republicans exist in a world where nothing politically damages them, so I'm not sure there's a "bad" choice. Heaven knows their electorate doesn't really care about the truth.

Republicans exist in a world where nothing politically damages them, so I'm not sure there's a "bad" choice. Heaven knows their electorate doesn't really care about the truth.

They live in a world where they think nothing damages them, because for the last few years, nothing has because a big mean black man was in the White House. But they're the majority party now and have full control, and now is when it gets very real for them. There's no more Obama scapegoat when things go south or to explain why their stuff isn't getting passed.

they just have to come up with some reason to blame the Democrats for not letting them get rid of it

If they can't agree on something for the Dems to vote on they can't do that though.

Man, I get this, but I feel like they don't have much wiggle room here. Everyone on the right agrees with a repeal. Getting to 2018 without accomplishing this seems like it would be bad for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom