• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They live in a world where they think nothing damages them, because for the last few years, nothing has because a big mean black man was in the White House. But they're the majority party now and have full control, and now is when it gets very real for them. There's no more Obama scapegoat when things go south or to explain why their stuff isn't getting passed.

Man, I get this, but I feel like they don't have much wiggle room here. Everyone on the right agrees with a repeal. Getting to 2018 without accomplishing this seems like it would be bad for them

Until (among other things) Trump's approval drops from near 90% among Republicans, I'm just going to continue to operate under the assumption that they're bulletproof until I'm proven wrong.

Oh please, oh please, oh please let this be true!

Ex-NSA Director Just Revealed They Have The Proof To Sink Trump For Treason

The sources are Schindler's tweets, and he seems like he's on the up and up...

(if fake, please let me have this for a few minutes before you crush my happy-place with cold hard facts)

I see people posting 20committee tweets all the time, but he works for the New York Observer which was owned by Jared Kushner until Trump was inaugurated. Kushner's brother in law runs it now. It's a little bit suspicious imo.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Oh please, oh please, oh please let this be true!

Ex-NSA Director Just Revealed They Have The Proof To Sink Trump For Treason

The sources are Schindler's tweets, and he seems like he's on the up and up...

(if fake, please let me have this for a few minutes before you crush my happy-place with cold hard facts)

*edit - oh, this guy's been full of shit for a while now, huh?

Take the dude with a grain of salt he is nothing but crazy.

C6WDmPrVAAAw1-Q.jpg

Sally Yates is gonna bring it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mr.Shrugglesツ;231657588 said:
Ryans "bill" is a test to gauge what they can actually do.

At this point the only thing they can do and keep their base happy is aggressively go after costs and divest responsibility from federal government.

- Drug manufacturer negotiations, patent reform, FDA process changes, all anti-business.
- Turn Medicaid to block grants to states, and also let states have more autonomy on who gets covered and what benefits get covered. This takes the focus from federal and shifts it to states who will have to make the tough decisions on who and how to cover (the whole death panels accusations but in a 50 state approach).

They can and should also go after those without and toughen up the mandate. This goes against their base, but it will lower costs, so it's a tossup.

Ernest

Banned
Dammit - should've figured too good to be true.
Why can't we have nice things!
And why does Trump seem to get away with every shitty fucking thing he does?

Zereta

Take the dude with a grain of salt he is nothing but crazy.

He's a little crazy at times but for the most part, he's been providing pretty top notch analysis of what's been happening, even breaking the "IC holding back intel from Pres" story before WSJ did.

But yes, best not to get hopes up. If anything happens, it happens.

Fox318

Working in the health care pricing field for a period has made the health care debate so fucking hard to bare.

How Ryan can go up there and say private industry will provide better rates is insulting.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Paul Ryan said the bill is "an act of mercy."

Nobody in the country infuriates me more than this guy. Nobody.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Christina Wilkie‏Verified account @christinawilkie

HHS Sec Tom Price: "Medicaid is a program that by and large has decreased people's access to care.”
This is insane.

Rich people have ZERO idea what lower- and middle-class people go through, do they? Because I'm honestly at that point in my beliefs.

Rich people have ZERO idea what lower- and middle-class people go through, do they? Because I'm honestly at that point in my beliefs.

He's a former doctor and AMA shill. Of course he hates medicaid, because the lower reimbursement rates prevent him and his colleagues from owning 3 vacation homes instead of the two they already have.

Seriously, can we not mention John Schindler or Louise Mensch until the bombas drop? I'm getting Rick Wilson pre-election vibes up in here.

In defense of Rick Wilson, wasn't it the Steele dossier that he was hyping? And he just made the mistake of thinking it would come out before the election? If John Schindler's "insider info" pans out the same way, that would be great.

Ogodei

That's true, but i bet a lot of poorer conservatives would say that too. In their minds, anything the government's involved with is all red-tape all the time.

Plinko

In defense of Rick Wilson, wasn't it the Steele dossier that he was hyping? And he just made the mistake of thinking it would come out before the election? If John Schindler's "insider info" pans out the same way, that would be great.

It was. He mentioned "Ritz Carlton" right before it hit, and that's the infamous hotel thing from the dossier.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Mr.Shrugglesツ;231657588 said:
Ryans "bill" is a test to gauge what they can actually do.

And the results appear to say they can do nothing.

Lol this bill is the biggest disaster in legislation terms in a while. The final nail will be when Trump trashes it in a tweet

I didn't know how much I love Paul ryan eating shit because Trump will throw him so far under the bus when he realizes it will fail

Can we please start how showing how screwed up the billing is for hospitals, tests, medication, etc? Its the real reason health coverage is so damn off the charts. It just gets ignored basically in the debate by law makers.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
From OT

WaPo: Trump administration weighs cuts to Coast Guard & TSA to fund border wall

The Trump administration, searching for money to build the president’s planned multibillion-dollar border wall and crack down on illegal immigration, is weighing significant cuts to the Coast Guard, the Transportation Security Administration and other agencies focused on national security threats, according to a draft plan.

The proposal, drawn up by the Office of Management and Budget, also would slash the budget of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which provides disaster relief after hurricanes, tornadoes and other natural disasters. The Coast Guard’s $9.1 billion budget in 2017 would be cut 14 percent to about $7.8 billion, while TSA and FEMA would be reduced about 11 percent each to $4.5 billion and $3.6 billion, respectively.

tuxfool

Banned
It's more and more evident Trump is going die on this hill. It makes sense, building something is all he can realistically say he knows something about. If he could walk the corset construction with a hard hat he'd be happy.

He could fund it, actually building it is whole another can of worms.

Chumly

Working in the health care pricing field for a period has made the health care debate so fucking hard to bare.

How Ryan can go up there and say private industry will provide better rates is insulting.
So true

It's even worse trying to inform people about it

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
As Vox notes, it's pretty much impossible to pass this with reconciliation. They're not going nuclear for Trumpcare.

Did you read the whole article, or just the headline? They have two hopes of passing it with reconciliation.

1. The parliamentarian agrees with their expanded definition of what "directly" affects the budget

2. The vice president or majority party leader overrules the parliamentarian.

I don't know how likely either of those are of actually happening, but that's clearly their plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom