• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between the GDP numbers and consumer sentiment shows how partisanship has made the latter almost useless. Republicans are willing to say the economy is great but they're not acting like it.

Yaaaaaaaaaas suck it DeMint you piece of garbage.

This has made my day.

Every time you guys celebrate stuff like this it turns out the replacement is 100 times worse.

teiresias

So apparently they left the vote for the week long CR open on the House floor for an hour trying to get enough GOP votes to say they could have passed it without the Dems . . . they didn't get them.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So apparently they left the vote for the week long CR open on the House floor for an hour trying to get enough GOP votes to say they could have passed it without the Dems . . . they didn't get them.

I guess it was kinda obvious, when they caved to the Dems (who have like zero power) minor demands without a second guess.

I wonder what Dems plan to leverage out of this budget... the CR is for a week right?
We will have this same conversation next week.

Armaros

It reads as punishment for how Heritage handled Trumpcare.

Yes, they were th outside spearhead for Trump/RyanCare and screwed it all up even know th the House is operating on the cadaver of a same bill setup by Heritage.

This had all their finger prints on it. Including the tax break for rich people randomly added to a healthcare bill.

Yes, they were th outside spearhead for Trump/RyanCare and screwed it all up even know th the House is operating on the cadaver of a same bill setup by Heritage.

This had all their finger prints on it. Including the tax break for rich people randomly added to a healthcare bill.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Heritage Foundation was adamantly against Trumpcare?

studyguy

Trump reminiscing about the great times long ago
at the start of the year
and also taking racist jabs at a US Senator with that Pocahontas bit again.

Cool. Real cool way to cap that last day before one hundo.

As wall street baron Barrack Obama once said, government is like steering an ocean liner. Trump didn't get the memo, and now he'll ride his term out like a baby. If he even finishes it that is, from the last few days it sounds like he's about to give up on the whole thing.

Dierce

Hard to believe how an organization like the NRA could exist. But then again so does the republican party. Something so corrupt and supportive of organized crime, violence and a vehicle for extremist propaganda. In any other western country both would be labeled terrorist groups.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Heritage Foundation was adamantly against Trumpcare?

Heritage almost immediately came out against it. From the outside, it looked like they were pissed that they had no input on the bill. The White House still wanted to force a vote, but Heritage killed the vote when they said that they would grade it.

It was less of a fight over policy and more of a turf war over who gets to call the shots.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Outsider influence/money is a bad look in Montana.

Gianforte is the perfect opposition to hit with that, since he's bringing in Trump Jr and outside GOP money, and is a city slicker outsider himself. Quist's money is already coming primarily from outside (DailyKOS / Sanders) - so I don't think that's a good reason in this race - especially if you're funneling the money straight to Quist's campaign and letting his campaign spend it.

chadskin

I've heard about this before but actually seeing some of these is amazing:

For years, reporters have opened their mail to find print outs of their articles adorned with commentary in thick, black ink and bearing the signature of Donald Trump. Here, a collection of these notes—sometimes praise-filled, sometimes scolding—which the recipient reporters have permitted us to share with you.

More here -> http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/28/donald-trump-handwritten-notes-reporters-215074

Someone explain to me why we're not contesting Montana again? Especially against a guy who lost a state-wide race to a Democrat in Nov 2016 already?

<facepalm>

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/28/montana-special-election-2017-early-voting-237751

It's a tricky situation. That guy who just lost a state-wide race lost it because he was painted as someone who was bought by east coast interests. I do think the DCCC is stuck in old thinking. It doesn't feel like their budgeting takes the massive surge in available fundraising into account.

So they should do more, but it will take a light touch. If the Election is Quist vs Gianforte, Quist has a shot. If it's Republican vs Democrat Quist loses by 8 points.

Gianforte is the perfect opposition to hit with that, since he's bringing in Trump Jr and outside GOP money, and is a city slicker outsider himself. Quist's money is already coming primarily from outside (DailyKOS / Sanders) - so I don't think that's a good reason in this race - especially if you're funneling the money straight to Quist's campaign and letting his campaign spend it.
I love Quist and I was angry that the DCCC seemed totally uninterested in him at first but I think they are investing in the race now? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rob-quist-montana-democrats_us_58f8d7e6e4b018a9ce58eb82

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Stop legitimizing that garbage politico thread

Considering the DCCC autopsy is about how we allocate money, and we've had KS / GA already and MT coming up, how we allocate resources on a congressional race level for house seats is a valid discussion!

It also drags the conversation away from the "Bernie / Clinton" shitfight that happens all the time in any post that can be vaguely related to the election. Which I'm a fan of. :p

EDIT: Also, yo! Long time no talk! Hope life is going well.

Someone explain to me why we're not contesting Montana again? Especially against a guy who lost a state-wide race to a Democrat in Nov 2016 already?

<facepalm>

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/28/montana-special-election-2017-early-voting-237751

Indeed, Trump just won by 20 percentage points in Montana, where his populist message took advantage of demographics not well-aligned with the Democratic Party. The share of the population with a bachelor’s degree or higher is 60 percent in the Georgia district but 31 percent in Montana, according to Census data. The Georgia district is 62 percent white; Montana is 87 percent white.

Seemingly this. It looks like the national Dems are buying into the idea that college educated whites are going to leave the GOP faster than non-col.

Considering the DCCC autopsy is about how we allocate money, and we've had KS / GA already and MT coming up, how we allocate resources on a congressional race level for house seats is a valid discussion!

It also drags the conversation away from the "Bernie / Clinton" shitfight that happens all the time in any post that can be vaguely related to the election. Which I'm a fan of. :p
but what if Quist vs Ossoff becomes another great proxy war :D

I actually was worried that Quist was getting ignored for being a Bernie-type and Ossoff was getting the love because of he wasn't but since GA they've said they'll invest in him

Seemingly this. It looks like the national Dems are buying into the idea that college educated whites are going to leave the GOP faster than non-col.
We literally just beat this candidate during a Republican wave election!

pigeon

Banned

Literally the ENTIRE THREAD IS JUST THAT SHITFIGHT.

You are literally feeding it and giving it life. (I'm talking about the "secret autopsy" thread.)

I agree that we should be contesting this thing in Montana. I have no idea what it is but we should clearly be contesting everything.

EDIT: Also, yo! Long time no talk! Hope life is going well.

Everything inevitably turns to that anyway, lol

You are literally feeding it and giving it life. (I'm talking about the "secret autopsy" thread.)

I agree that we should be contesting this thing in Montana. I have no idea what it is but we should clearly be contesting everything.
We put up this social democrat for the at-large House seat. This guy is pro choice, pro-single payer, anti-intervention.

I hope he wears that hat even after getting elected.

but what if Quist vs Ossoff becomes another great proxy war :D

I actually was worried that Quist was getting ignored for being a Bernie-type and Ossoff was getting the love because of he wasn't but since GA they've said they'll invest in him

We literally just beat this candidate during a Republican wave election!

I'd like the Dems to get behind Quest more too. Just saying there's evidence that the party buys into the idea that, at least for now, non-college educated whites are going to stick with the GOP.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Everything inevitably turns to that anyway, lol

Lol, I'm trying to dream the dream and be the dream that OT political posts can actually be useful and stuff without turning into a Bernie vs Clinton fight. I wonder if this is a microcosm of what GOP message boards are like, between Tea Party folks and non Tea Party.

kirblar

<facepalm>

Honestly? I think making people have to publicly complain to get funding in order to bolster their "maverick" cred may be a good thing here.

I agree we should fund it, but I also think the theatre's not a bad thing.

pigeon

Banned
We put up this social democrat for the at-large House seat. This guy is pro choice, pro-single payer, anti-intervention.

I hope he wears that hat even after getting elected.

Perfect. Send him $250k immediately. What could that cost, like half a million, max?

Also hi Cybit! Where have you been?

Ogodei

Montana's a weird state. Further west than the Dakotas who are deep in plains-state mindset of social conservatism, they're more like Wyoming or Idaho, but Montana gets more people moving into the region than either of those states, and their attitude seems less toxic than Idaho, with its strong streak of white supremacy.

They're mostly about old west policies, some of which jives with modern GOP orthodoxy (and was a better fit for Trump than Clinton), but some of which does not (which might make them a better fit for Quist than Gianforte).

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Honestly? I think making people have to publicly complain to get funding in order to bolster their "maverick" cred may be a good thing here.

I agree we should fund it, but I also think the theatre's not a bad thing.

Didn't think about the theater part, I guess I don't expect either party to be that coordinated or smart, lol

Perfect. Send him $250k immediately. What could that cost, like half a million, max?

Also hi Cybit! Where have you been?

Personal life went south. So struggling and trying to recover from that. Will probably be more scarce on GAF as a whole, but thought I should at least stop in and say hi. :)

kirblar

Didn't think about the theater part, I guess I don't expect either party to be that coordinated or smart, lol
Yeah, I don't know if any of it's fake, but I think it's a good narrative for his campaign to have in terms of being able to run as an outsider to the Dem national party. (even if he's not really a maverick, like 99% of politiicans.) As long as they get funded in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom