• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

That line from the Art of War has a double meaning. If you actually did completely understand the enemy and yourself, you wouldn't be enemies, you'd be friends.

Thing was a doublespeaking Taoist philosophy book but everyone took it literally instead of philosophically. The English translation of the title kind of reflects that doubleness but still everyone took it literally.

The original writers probably rolled over a thousand times in their graves.

That Maddow thing was beyond dumb. Her reputation took a huge hit there, not just on the right wing either. Like when people talk about "don't focus on the distractions!" this needs to be the go-to example we talk about.

Everyone should play NieR:Automata. After 30 hours and multiple endings in a robot-run futuristic hellscape full of ethical and moral quandaries and exploring the potential unintended consequences of AI you'll feel sooooooo much better about US politics.

Just finished it last night. One of the best games I've played in a long long time. I can't stop thinking about it. And dat soundtrack... whew.

MikeRahl

Why would Trump's popularity be on the rise? Makes no sense..

45% of those polled actually voted for Trump vs 34% for Clinton.. 200ish didn't vote. 81% of the people polled were white. 37% were from the south, 66% have less than a college degree and 58% make less than 50k.

Captain Planet is an ecoterrorist.

L1mzIFO.gif

So if reputable sources from CNN and NYT confirmed that Russia has kompromat on Trump, why would Comey say "no evidence blablabla" today? Wouldnt that mean all of Steele's dossier was bunk?

I don't see a need for someone like Hannity on the left and really don't see him appealing to anyone that isn't already firmly entrenched on the right. Well maybe independents and undecideds who will take a yelling idiot at his word and not do a modicum of fact checking.

If you want Dems to win anything again, you want someone who motivates people continously on the left. Loud rallying voices can do a lot for a movement.

Every election is still ultimately a popularity contest from high school, and you need to get the word out effectively to keep people motivated.

Mike M

Nick N
I am still completely flummoxed by Maddow last night. She had nothing, I can't fathom that she didn't know she had nothing, and still she went to air with it while framing it as some sort of bombshell. And MSNBC thought it was a good idea.

The fuck.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I am still completely flummoxed by Maddow last night. She had nothing, I can't fathom that she didn't know she had nothing, and still she went to air with it while framing it as some sort of bombshell. And MSNBC thought it was a good idea.

The fuck.

Ratings mean more than integrity to these people.

Blader

The fuck.

Maddow sucks and MSNBC sucks.

The fuck.
They prioritized the short-term ratings boost over any damage to their long term credibility. People will tune in the next time Maddow claims to have a scoop, anyway, but this was still pretty lame.

Polls! And numbers!

Quinnipiac puts Democrat Phil Murphy in the driver's seat for the 2017 gubernatorial election in New Jersey, leading Lt. Gov Kim Guadagno (R) 47-25. Murphy and Guadagno both lead their primaries. Christie's approval rating is 19 approve, 76 disapprove.

https://poll.qu.edu/new-jersey/release-detail?ReleaseID=2439

The Hill's whip count for Affordable Health Care Act (aka Trumpcare, Ryancare, Republicare, whatever) has 14 House Republicans against the legislation. The GOP can only afford 21 "No" votes from their own party.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...re-republicans-stand-on-obamacare-repeal-plan

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

CEO's most optimistic since 2009. It will only get better as we continue to slash unnecessary regulations and when we begin our big tax cut!
8:14 AM · Mar 15, 2017

I wonder why.... 🤔🤔🤔

Oh yes!

giphy.gif

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

CEO's most optimistic since 2009. It will only get better as we continue to slash unnecessary regulations and when we begin our big tax cut!
8:14 AM · Mar 15, 2017

I wonder why.... 🤔🤔🤔

Oh yes!

giphy.gif

Does he really think that happiness will translate to happy workers? From what I've noticed even with tax breaks, these profits never really trickle down.

Mike M

Nick N
Ratings mean more than integrity to these people.
Even taking that into account, I'd expect consideration of the risks of blowing their credibility and the backlash to the report in exchange for a single night's ratings.

Of course now that I'm saying that, I can imagine that's exactly what was done, and they've got market research that indicates that the response won't actually result in a decrease in viewership. What are they going to do, watch Fox?

Is... Is that Don Cheadle?
Yes.

benjipwns

Banned
Does he really think that happiness will translate to happy workers? From what I've noticed even with tax breaks, these profits never really trickle down.
Those were not Trump tax breaks, which will the best, the greatest, bigly tax breaks for everyone, a huge success like The Apprentice not like Amy Schumer's failed tax breaks. Sad FAKE NEWS NBC!

Has anyone coined the phrase "trickle up economics"?

You know, the idea that if we give poor people more money and opportunities, they'll be able to spend more generously providing even more income for the wealthy class.

Edit: Yes it's Keynes. Maybe we should start using that expression.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Has anyone coined the phrase "trickle up economics"?

You know, the idea that if we give poor people more money and opportunities, they'll be able to spend more generously providing even more income for the wealthy class.

Yeah we just call that actual economics

Geist-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom