• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Scaramucci says Trump said he reports directly to him.

Paraphrased referring to 3m illegal votes: "if the President says something, there's probably truth to it."

Sibylus

Banned
By virtue (lol) of being a fucking egotistical nazi edge-lord, I was under the impression Bannon's political connections were slim and mostly limited to his nazi buds.

Holmes

Tony Evers is running for Wisconsin governor. He might be the Democrats' best chance. Well, I think Kind would be, but Evers is a good choice.

Dan

I like him pretending that he's 'getting the hook' to end this. He's receiving no signals, just wants to end the recent lines of questioning.

The press needs to drop some legit oppo bombs tonight while they're in this unstable, weakened state.

Christ. If this is their "weakened" state then what's the appropriate description for the comms operation before?

giphy.gif

The press needs to drop some legit oppo bombs tonight while they're in this unstable, weakened state.

You make it sound like this is some RPG game and they're one critical strike away from defeat. What is this "oppo" bomb supposed to achieve? They'll still all be there tomorrow doing the same thing they've done time after time.

I thought it's been well-established Bannon isn't directly involved with the Russian scandal stuff.

Time reprted that Breitbart is being investigated for co-ordinating with Russia propaganda efforts.

The congressional investigators are looking at ties between those companies and right-wing web personalities based in Eastern Europe who the U.S. believes are Russian fronts, a source familiar with the investigations tells TIME. "Nobody can prove it yet," the source says. In March, McClatchy newspapers reported that FBI counterintelligence investigators were probing whether far-right sites like Breitbart News and Infowars had coordinated with Russian botnets to blitz social media with anti-Clinton stories, mixing fact and fiction when Trump was doing poorly in the campaign.

Bannon also has strong connections to Cambridge Analytica, which is very much at the center of speculation about coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign.

kirblar

There are shady firms with crooked books in all corners of politics. Rohrbacher is on the fringes of his own fellow GOP members with his Russian love affair. Unless you think Tulsi Gabbard implicates the Democrats too?
The former head of the RNC now works in the white house. The President now controls the RNC.

You don't get a pass for seeing something wrong and doing nothing!

Ernest

Banned
Fuckin' sell out!

West Wing Reports
✔
@WestWingReport

Scaramucci scrubbed his Twitter account deleting old tweets that were critical of Trump; now calls him "great," a "winner"

They should dig up his old tweets and shove them in his face!

Dan

Haha, the approval ratings reflect only a single day, also they're wrong and Americans are playing the long game and love what Trump is doing.

Scaramucci is about as much of a swampy airhead as you could dream:

“So I said to Vice-President Pence, who was here tonight,” he went on, “I said, ‘I’ll do whatever the hell you guys want.’ I know you probably think that’s, like, me being passive-aggressive,” he said to me, “but it’s not, it’s me being even-keeled. My best service to him is acting as a fair broker for the situation, because what happens in Washington is they will stab you right in the chest with a smile on their face. It’s like the Game of Thrones and the Hunger Games screenwriters got together with the writers of House of Cards and they made a story. And the other thing I have learned about these people in Washington, Nelson,” he said, turning to his partner, who had settled in at the bar, “is they have no money. So what happens when they have no fucking money is they fight about what seat they are in and what the title is. Fucking congressmen act like that. They are fucking jackasses. Do you know how many congressional liaisons we are going to have? I don’t either, but I told Pence, it should be four times whatever Obama had. I don’t know how many he had, but I’m telling you that didn’t work out. I’m telling him if you want to decrease the government, you gotta increase it in certain ways. Pence was great, right, you met him, Nelson, he was great.”

He suddenly stopped and squinted at me. “How old are you?” he asked. “You look good. No lines on your face. What are you, a Sagittarius?”

I told him I’m a Leo.

Scaramucci nodded approvingly. “Fucking king of the jungle!” he said, lifting his drink.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trump-wall-street-supporters.html

Reporter: "Question about X"

Mooch: " We all know things about X. I love the person working with X and everyone around him/her. I've actually taken courses in X and we all know this about it."

Alternate Mooch: "Yeah that's a great question. I have enormous respect for the person currently dealing with X. I've actually worked in X for 20 years and can say this."

Rinse and repeat.

Barzul

The fact that SHS doesn't want to get back up should show just how well this guy is doing at spinning all this stuff. They haven't been able to trip him up fully. Spicey never stood a chance.

Reporter: "Question about X"

Mooch: " We all know things about X. I love the person working with X and everyone around him/her. I've actually taken courses in X and we all know this about it."

Alternate Mooch: "Yeah that's a great question. I have enormous respect for the person currently dealing with X. I've actually worked in X for 20 years and can say this."

Rinse and repeat.

Spicey was never able to do it this smoothly. I legit think this guy BSes even better than Trump.

Kusagari

The fact that SHS doesn't want to get back up should show just how well this guy is doing at spinning all this stuff. They haven't been able to trip him up fully. Spicey never stood a chance.

Spicey was never able to do it this smoothly. I legit think this guy BSes even better than Trump.

He can actually form coherent sentences, so of course he BSes better than Trump.

I fully expect this guy to replace SHS eventually. Trump is probably loving this.

Oh he's certainly good at it. He delivers without any hesitation or stumbling which projects confidence in the bullshit he's spewing. It's too bad he isn't the press secretary as he would likely be able to muzzle a good deal of the heat this press would bring if he was. The question is how good he'll be at managing the day to day communications operation when his boss is tweeting the exact opposite shit on Twitter and Sarah is the one at the podium dealing with the shit.

They knew and covered it up!

How is that not implicating them!

Can you stop treating your own speculation as fact for a moment? Is any reputable news organization claiming that Mueller is looking into anyone at the RNC or the organization itself? Is he looking into any GOP members of Congress? There hasn't been a single story saying Reince Priebus is being looked into and you're matter of factly saying he's guilty of a coverup.

Your statement was inaccurate at the least and straight up claiming speculative theories as fact.

Dan

Oh he's certainly good at it. He delivers without any hesitation or stumbling which projects confidence in the bullshit he's spewing. It's too bad he isn't the press secretary as he would likely be able to muzzle a good deal of the heat this press would bring if he was. The question is how good he'll be at managing the day to day communications operation when his boss is tweeting the exact opposite shit on Twitter and Sarah is the one at the podium dealing with the shit.
Of course, part of his confidence was that he could just deflect by saying he was new and couldn't respond to the more complicated and messy questions.

kirblar

Can you stop treating your own speculation as fact for a moment? Is any reputable news organization claiming that Mueller is looking into anyone at the RNC or the organization itself? Is he looking into any GOP members of Congress? There hasn't been a single story saying Reince Priebus is being looked into and you're matter of factly saying he's guilty of a coverup.

Your statement was inaccurate at the least and straight up claiming speculative theories as fact.
It's not speculation when Paul Ryan is caught on tape asking people not to talk about Trump or Rohrbacher's connections to Russia!

The GOP is complicit in this shit. Period. That's why it "won't surprise me if Reince is implicated"

Lol don't get so impressed with the new guy yet. The WH press conference employee cycle always looks the same:

Day One: Wow this new communications person is really good finally someone who can talk clearly and deftly handle the media!

Day Ten: Man they look kind of tired and Trump just threw them under the bus.

Day Twenty: Here they come to lull us back to sleep, did they just leave without taking any questions? SEAN? SEAAAN?

Dan

Huckabee Sanders, paraphrased: "the President believes Mueller shouldn't go beyond the scope of his Russia investigation, and Trump has said he has no financial ties to Russia, so there we go."

Lol don't get so impressed with the new guy yet. The WH press conference employee cycle always looks the same:

Day One: Wow this new communications person is really good finally someone who can talk clearly and deftly handle the media!

Day Ten: Man they look kind of tired and Trump just threw them under the bus.

Day Twenty: Here they come to lull us back to sleep, did they just leave without taking any questions? SEAN? SEAAAN?

Right. The fact that Trump wanted him to play a "ceremonial" role says everything. He looks the part of the smooth-talking con artist, the kind of person Trump admires, but probably has no actual skills beyond being able to bullshit. I doubt he'll be able to craft a coherent message or response to the news stories.

If Bannon leaves, this day will be perfect.

EDIT: Oh, and Scaramucci has pro-gun control and anti-Trump tweets that can be weaponized against him.

Crocodile

While whatever is going on with the communication team at the WH is funny, I hope y'all are still calling your Senators and what not to try to put at least some extra pressure against their Healthcare plans.

Zolo

Huckabee Sanders, paraphrased: "the President believes Mueller shouldn't go beyond the scope of his Russia investigation, and Trump has said he has no financial ties to Russia, so there we go."

Ergo, there should be no investigation.

Dan

Haha, Dana Bash says Scaramucci is who Trump thinks he sees in the mirror.

It's not speculation when Paul Ryan is caught on tape asking people not to talk about Trump or Rohrbacher's connections to Russia!

The GOP is complicit in this shit. Period. That's why it "won't surprise me if Reince is implicated"

Is the claim that Rohrabacher is a Putin stooge supposed to be some kind of secret? His own colleagues have called him out on it in public. Look at his exchange with Kinzinger at a public hearing over Syria.

So I ask again, show me any reputable organization running a story that says the GOP, at large, is being even looked into. Never mind evidence being found, just being looked at at all? But you can't because there's nothing to back that up at this point.

Do not state your own speculation as facts, that is a simple request. Otherwise, go retweet Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor if you just want to live in alternate reality.

kirblar

Is the claim that Rohrabacher is a Putin stooge supposed to be some kind of secret? His own colleagues have called him out on it in public. Look at his exchange with Kinzinger at a public hearing over Syria.

So I ask again, show me any reputable organization running a story that says the GOP, at large, is being even looked into. Never mind evidence being found, just being looked at at all? But you can't because there's nothing to back that up at this point.

Do not state your own speculation as facts, that is a simple request. Otherwise, go retweet Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor if you just want to live in alternate reality.
I said "due to how the GOP is implicated in this shit"

A GOP consulting firm has been raided.
A GOP congressmand has clearly been a Russian puppet for years.
Trump now controls the RNC.
Priebus has been tied deeply to the campaign in his role as RNC chair prior to taking the CoS position.

So yes, the fucking implication is that this goes beyond Trump and extend to the GOP at large. To what degree? That's what we don't know!

None of this is conspiratorial. None of this is stuff I'm making up out of thin air.

Stop playing backseat mod.

Clefargle

You make it sound like this is some RPG game and they're one critical strike away from defeat. What is this "oppo" bomb supposed to achieve? They'll still all be there tomorrow doing the same thing they've done time after time.

It would take up more of their time, and keep them busy so they can't force a Obamacare repeal vote effectively

I said "due to how the GOP is implicated in this shit"

A GOP consulting firm has been raided.
A GOP congressmand has clearly been a Russian puppet for years.
Trump now controls the RNC.
Priebus has been tied deeply to the campaign in his role as RNC chair prior to taking the CoS position.

So yes, the fucking implication is that this goes beyond Trump and extend to the GOP at large. To what degree? That's what we don't know!

None of this is conspiratorial. None of this is stuff I'm making up out of thin air.

Stop playing backseat mod.

The consulting firm being raided doesn't even make one mention of Russia in your own link you posted.

Is it backseat modding to ask someone to back up their claims with some facts?

The Associated Press‏
@AP

BREAKING: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says the Palestinian leadership will freeze contacts with Israel on all levels.

Palestine apparently DID NOT go to Jared. Middle East peace is going swimmingly!

Trump bringing in Al Quaeda terrorists to the mainland for trial. What happened to "not in my backyard" ? Also, this is going against what Sessions wanted. Sessions is being essentially shit on till he gets a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom