• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
2ls87ps.jpg

Flambe

Now he wants a surge for Afghanistan woooooo.

Hey Iraq troops, the war is over. You're going home!

For a month, then you're going to Afghanistan thanks

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Everytime McCain mentions "General Patreus, genius and American hero", America thinks "Bush crony that does what he's told."

Feep

Banned
GAF may be biased as hell, but look at the scorecards, at the voter lines, the last 20 min has been all Obama.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Dude, that CNN response line is like this:

Obama talks : shoots near the top.

McCain talks : flatline

This is so over.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
How could McCain ever think that Iraq was a winning issue for him? No one is moved by Obama's stance on the surge or platitudes of victory and honor.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
?

GAF thought Biden won and so did the public.
For sure, but if you listened to GAF you would think Palin couldn't get a word out of her mouth. And I'm sure I'll have someone correcting me that she couldn't.

TDG

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
?

GAF thought Biden won and so did the public.
In fact, a ton of GAFers thought McCain won the first debate, and they were wrong (according to public opinion.) :lol

effzee

this debate is question by question and answer by answer a recycled version of debate #1.

now comes McCain's history on Russia.

Gruco

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
:lol McCain's face when Obama brought up the Bomb Bomb Iran song :lol awesome
Shit. Relying too much on the audio :(
Dr. Strangelove said:
I'LL GET OSAMA BIN LADEN MY FRIENDS

Well that about wraps it up :lol
I love it. Taking campaign tips from Nixon and his "secret plan" to end Vietnam :lol

ggnoobIGN said:
True but this is just a bit extreme to me. It's such a tame debate and everyone is acting as if Obama is literally doing McCain up the ass. It was the same with the VP Debate thread, and the public perception ended up on the opposite end of the spectrum.
I watched that deate and called it a wash. Trust me, this is an overall win although I don't know if he'll see any gain in polling as he's already so high.

I'm really starting to get tired of brokow and his complaining about obama but says nothing to mccain when he does the same thing. How are the online polls looking towards the debate so far? I'm curious the reaction since Obama is getting pumped.

WaltJay

My god, did McCain really warn everyone about everything that has gone wrong? Fannie Mae? Freddie Mac? Subprime loans? KGB? Putin? Russia? :lol

"We're not gonna have another cold war with Russia..."

Really?

"I looked into his eye and saw three letters: KGB."

McCain, really?

"normal day in Iraq" McCain?

10/07/08 MNF: MND-Soldiers attacked in Mosul
A Multi-National Division - North Soldier died of wounds sustained from a small-arms fire attack in Mosul, Oct. 7...The name of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of the next of kin and release by the Department of Defense.

10/06/08 DoD Identifies Army Casualty
Pfc. Tavarus D. Setzler, 23, of Jacksonville, Fla., died Oct. 2 of wounds sustained when his vehicle struck an improvised explosive device in Majar al Kabir, Iraq. He was assigned to the 2d Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team...

10/07/08 MCT: Two bodies found in Baghdad
Police found two dead bodies throughout Baghdad, one in Shaab, one in Mansour.

10/07/08 MCT: New U.S. intelligence report warns 'victory' not certain in Iraq
A nearly completed high-level U.S. intelligence analysis warns that unresolved ethnic and sectarian tensions in Iraq could unleash a new wave of violence, potentially reversing the major security and political gains achieved over the last year.

10/07/08 MCT: Saddam now seen as 'Father of Martyrs' by visitors to his grave
Here at Saddam's gravesite men slip off their shoes in a show of respect and walk into the hall of Saddam. They walk to the tomb, hold up their hands and pray. Then they take pictures next to his grave to mark the occasion.

10/07/08 Reuters: Two minority Christian men gunned down in northern Mosul
Two minority Christian men were gunned down on Tuesday in northern Mosul, some 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. In a separate incident, gunmen stormed a Mosul pharmacy and killed the pharmacist, also a Christian, police= said.

10/07/08 CNN: U.S. says business jet forced down in Iran
The U.S. military coalition in Iraq confirmed Tuesday that a business jet -- not a U.S. military aircraft -- was recently forced down in Iran due to an airspace violation.

10/07/08 Reuters: Iraqi policeman killed, another wounded in southeastern Mosul
One Iraqi policeman was killed and another was wounded in a shootout overnight on Tuesday in the Hay Domiz neighbourhood of southeastern Mosul...police said. One gunmen was also reported killed and four others were arrested.

10/07/08 Reuters: Two bodies found near Kut
The bodies of two unidentified people were discovered with gunshot wounds in a rural area near Kut, hospital sources said.

10/07/08 Reuters: U.S. forces capture five suspected insurgents in Kut
U.S. forces captured five suspected insurgents early on Tuesday in Kut, 150 km (95 miles) southeast of Baghdad. Another suspected insurgent was captured in eastern Baghdad on Monday.

Imm0rt4l

Feep said:
GAF may be biased as hell, but look at the scorecards, at the voter lines, the last 20 min has been all Obama.

no even when Obama is winning, Gaf still thinks he's losing. Look at the last debate. Right now it's just clear as day who's winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom