• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggie

can someone avatar size this for me... I like his book.

44780087sl5.png

X26

Banned
Was flipping through the chanels and heard shrieking, and sure enough Elizabeth Hasselbeck was having a meltdown

Soaked as heck here in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC (Obama strongholds here)-but the rain isn't hard enough that I think it will discourage too many people that want to vote for Obama. Turnout is good but lines are not long, and I think that NC's early voting system should be a model for how it should be done across the country.

Kintaco

Hmmm should I drive and hour and a half to two hours to go vote, or should I try those provisional ballots near my house? I was too lazy to update my address :(.

Crisco

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
Soaked as heck here in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC (Obama strongholds here)-but the rain isn't hard enough that I think it will discourage too many people that want to vote for Obama. Turnout is good but lines are not long, and I think that NC's early voting system should be a model for how it should be done across the country.

Yar, all my friends and family voted early and had nothing but positive things to say about the experience. I however wanted to participate in the rainsoaked fun.

Amir0x

Banned
Alright, ready to sit down and take it all in finally.

This has been one exhaustive political season, yet somehow...I don't want it to end. On the other hand, fuck yeah I want it to end so Obama can win.

It'll be interesting when it all settles in to start getting real. What will Obama actually be able to push forward, what will he cut from his campaign promises? What will his appointments be?

I think my soul will be too crushed to discuss much of anything if McCain wins

Sharp

Kintaco said:
Hmmm should I drive and hour and a half to two hours to go vote, or should I try those provisional ballots near my house? I was too lazy to update my address :(.
Drive. Casting a provisional ballot is like pressing the "door close" button in an elevator--it does nothing but make you feel better.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
GAF!!!

Im gonna vote for Obama soon. Holy shit I iz excited!!!
And vote no on Prop 8. Straight guy for the queer guy!!!

Obama all over mah FAZE!!!!

:eek:

Jonm1010

Banned
ATTENTION!!!

I have now received 2 forwarded messages on my cell phone that have said and I quote "Due to long lines at the polls today, all Obama voters are urged to vote on Wednesday. Thank You."

Anyone else getting these messages? What are the legal ramifications for this? Are there any?

Fatalah

Jonm1010 said:
ATTENTION!!!

I have now received 2 forwarded messages on my cell phone that have said and I quote "Due to long lines at the polls today, all Obama voters are urged to vote on Wednesday. Thank You."

Anyone else getting these messages? What are the legal ramifications for this? Are there any?

That's a Federal offense.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jonm1010 said:
ATTENTION!!!

I know for a fact it's going on all over Virginia and in other battleground states.

Typical Republican voter suppression. This is why I get angry when people call me a Republican when I say I'm a conservative.

KRS7

Just Voted in Ohio

+1 Obama

Issue 5 Yes
Issue 6 No

No lines whatsoever. I walked in, signed my my sheet and voted. Took a total of 15 minutes. This has been the norm for me on election day. I never seem to have to wait. I still think my vote will be drowned out here. I live in a republican suburb of Dayton. McCain Palin signs outnumber Obama signs at least 5 to 1. My country will still go Democrat because of all the Dayton Voters, but it usually ends up only barely Democrat. In 2004 Montgomery county went to Kerry over Bush 50.6 to 49%. A lead of only 4,600 votes. If that happens again it won't even be enough to cancel out even one of the neighboring rural counties.

Jonm1010 said:
ATTENTION!!!

No legal ramifications.

No lie is being told and no threat is being made.

It's stupid, but I don't think it is illegal.

besada

Banned
Jonm1010 said:
ATTENTION!!!

People all over the country are getting them. Standard Republican voter suppression technique.

aesop

Jonm1010 said:
ATTENTION!!!

Wow. They're getting desperate. You know, shit like this is a lot easier to trace than paper fliers. Too bad it's not a felony.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Count Dookkake said:
No legal ramifications.

No lie is being told and no threat is being made.

It's stupid, but I don't think it is illegal.

I beg to differ. It insinuates that democrats will be allowed to vote on Wednesday.

ZeroTolerance

Fatalah said:
Why does MSNBC use Andrea Mitchell? She always looks lost when she's hosting. This lady shouldn't be hosting anything.
this. THIS. that to infinity. She looks like a decent person but a newscaster she aint.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
+1 in Pittsburgh!

(for mister obama.)

Also, no lines whatsoever, in and out in ten minutes max. Guy working at the desk said it's been the busiest today that he's ever seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom