• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlep

Marvie_3 said:
"When someone called me a redneck woman once....I said thank you"

Can we stop encouraging this fuckin "redneck" culture bullshit? This "war on intelligence" is pissing me off....
Being a redneck is not a war on intelligence.

HolyStar

Banned
I'm surprised that the poor are excited about someone that raises 150 million in one month for advertisements. Breaking records for raising money isn't good. This is what my friend said about Obama.

HolyStar said:
I'm surprised that the poor are excited about someone that raises 150 million in one month for advertisements. Breaking records for raising money isn't good. This is what my friend said about Obama.

Your friend sounds retarded.

AniHawk

Red Scarlet said:
Has anything been said? Or will everyone forget about him in a month?

The Wright ads seem to be national. They're playing in everyone's state.

Where'd grandjedi go? 5 mins was a long time ago.

I haven't heard anything particular. As someone else said, this was a side project (though it seems to have gotten him a bit more fame).

The Wright ads are by the remnant Swiftboat Veterans for Truth guys, right?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
HolyStar said:

:lol

Loudninja said:
Is that the final Zogby poll?

Nah. He says he has another for tomorrow. Same time as usual.

Barack Obama is where he needs to be and John McCain is not. In a multi-candidate race, assuming the minor candidates can win around 2%, 51% can win. Obama holds the groups that he needs and continues to hold a big lead among independents and his base. McCain seems to be holding his base without expanding it or moving into Obama's territory. A reminder: we will have another release based on polling through midnight Monday out early Tuesday."

Obama leads by 15 points among independents and wins 89% support among Democrats. He also leads by 16 points among those who have already voted and 27 points among those who have registered to vote in the last six months. Obama leads by 13 points among women and by just a point among men, as well as leading among all age groups with the exception of those age 55-69, who favor McCain by one point. He also strong leads among Hispanics and moderates.

McCain leads among whites by 13 points and wins 87% support from Republicans. He also leads among conservatives by 53 points, NASCAR fans by 12 points, and investors by seven points.

The three-day rolling tracking poll included 1,205 likely voters - about 400 interviews per 24-hour polling period (each polling period begins and ends at 5 p.m. Eastern daily) - and was conducted Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2008. It carries a margin of error of +/- 2.9 percentage points.

Nate's going to have a lot of data to go through over to tweak his models better, so as to adapt the site for the Senate/House elections in 2010. He should also REALLY take the time to write a book about polling, blogging, or both.

In between working on BP, of course.

StoOgE

AniHawk said:
I haven't heard anything particular. As someone else said, this was a side project (though it seems to have gotten him a bit more fame).

The Wright ads are by the remnant Swiftboat Veterans for Truth guys, right?

Baseball Prospectus is very well known...

Good grief, this thread has only been up for 3 hours and there's already 12 pages? :lol

I don't think I'm even going to bother reading this thread on election day. I'll read it a week later or something.

HolyStar said:

Breaking records is good when the money is coming from everyday people. Everyone has the notion that money in politics is bad, when in reality a campaign contribution is one of the strongest ways for someone to have their opinion and voice heard. The problem is when money buys influence or access. Small donations from individuals are never made with the expectation that later on people are expecting access and preferential treatment to the candidates they were supporting.

Deku

Banned
HolyStar said:

Considering how the money was raised, largely through small donations, it's not the sum that should be surprising, its that so many people contributed.

Fox318

zspt74.jpg

No thanks I take my coffee black, like my Presidents.

mj1108

HolyStar said:

Time to find some new friends. Some non-retarded ones.

Gruco

Banned
Yeah, between baseball, possible book deals, refining his models, Nate will not be lacking for activities.

Baseball Between the Numbers was an excellent book, and it was a collaborative effort. He and Sean should definitely do something similar.

Red Scarlet

Is anyone around that is good at editing gifs? I have an avatar idea, but I won't be able to do it myself. Throw me a PM if you are a good gif editor and want to give me a hand.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Barack Obama's leading by about 250,000 votes in North Carolina right now...but folks planning to vote Tuesday overwhelmingly support McCain...Give me about half an hour.

FUCK

Cloudy

Banned
Qwerty710710 said:
Barack Obama's leading by about 250,000 votes in North Carolina right now...but folks planning to vote Tuesday overwhelmingly support McCain...Give me about half an hour.

FUCK

He doesn't need NC. Just get VA as insurance..

AniHawk

Qwerty710710 said:

FUCK

Don't worry, NC'll hold together.

C'mon baby, hold together.

mj1108

Qwerty710710 said:

FUCK
What is the source of this?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I can't believe what the hell I just heard about Obama on TV. It's crazy. Doing research before posting.....

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Qwerty710710 said:

FUCK

Shit! What's the % breakdown?

Jak140

Don't forget that Obama always does worse in weekend polls because that's when young people go out and old people stay home and watch Matlock reruns. I expect Obama to do much better than these weekend polls are letting on (except for Gallup & a few other polls that include cellphones).

Edit: here's where he pulled that quote from

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/

These polls include the Oct 31st-Nov 2nd. All days when Obama supporters are less likely to be home for polling.

StoOgE

mckmas8808 said:
I can't believe what the hell I just heard about Obama on TV. It's crazy. Doing research before posting.....

just post it, we can help shoot it down.

NC was always going to come down to the ground game, which is why the GOTV plan was so super-ambitious (and thankfully we have enough volunteers to meet the challenge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom