• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denali

Azwethinkweiz said:
Man I just spent 4 hours in line to vote for Obama in a state where my vote doesn't even matter.

Oh, +1 Obama in SC

Hah, took me nearly 4 hours also here in Charleston. South Carolinians skip out on the early vote it seems. :lol

Just got this sent to me.

ndkj6c.jpg

Beaulieu

Lathentar said:
How is it illegal?

I thought it was illegal to prevent people from voting.

a lot of people cant wait 4 hours in line. Because of their jobs, because of physical disability, or other reasons.

Slurpy said:
It's fucking moronic not to have expected a massive turnout today. It was clear months ago that this was going to be the case. They had a shitload of time to prepare for this.

Be that as it may, I wasn't going to not vote just because I had to wait in line. Work was going to pay me whether I was in the office or in line, so it made no difference to me.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Slurpy said:
It's fucking moronic not to have expected a massive turnout today. It was clear months ago that this was going to be the case. They had a shitload of time to prepare for this.

That would have required clear and effective thinking.

cilonen

avaya said:
Streams?

You can watch CNN, Fox and MSNBC on Sky if you have access to it. Lots of places around town if you're in London will have the thing on all night.

BBC will have it live from about 23:00 both on BBC1 and BBC News; if you can stand their commentary that is.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
well guys. im off to the library for a few hours. good luck to all of you and to Obama. I'll be back tonight but will probably be caught in the deluge of posting going on.

bon chance.

mozel' tov.

etc

Denali said:
Hah, took me nearly 4 hours also here in Charleston. South Carolinians skip out on the early vote it seems. :lol

Hey! I'm also in Charleston. Maybe it's just in Charleston. I don't think greenville or columbia had these problems.

lawblob said:
Ahh, to be young. I remember when I was 16; smoking weed, failing my classes, dreaming about the next door neighbor girl's boobs... back when life was simple.
No offense, but I'm glad I'm not you at this point.:lol

Besides the girl's boobs, of course.

pewye

Banned
fuck, I just realized that my first name on my SS card might be spelled with an E ***e*. But everywhere else (driver licence, home address, etc..) it is spelled ***a*.

Is it possible that my vote won't count?? I already voted in the early period

besada

Banned
BakedPigeon said:
Thanks. I guess I just dont understand the point of a provisional ballot if you still need to be registered for it to count. Do they do that just so you feel good about yourself if you did not register?

Ya Utah will always vote republican, but still......

Provisional Ballots are designed to catch errors in the system. If you go to vote and your name is spelled wrong in the database, you file a Provisional and after the election it gets ruled on and counted or not counted.

It's really just there to make sure registered voters get to vote, regardless of bureaucratic mistakes.

Barrett2

Dax01 said:
No offense, but I'm glad I'm not you at this point.:lol

Besides the girl's boobs, of course.

I was an idiot in high school. :lol

Definitely don't make my mistakes. Study hard, Johnny, and don't major in political science in college. Its worthless!

avaya

cilonen said:
BBC will have it live from about 23:00 both on BBC1 and BBC News; if you can stand their commentary that is.

I'm gonna be channel hopping like crazy if I manage to stay in. Might actually head over to the official do in central, so many people out and about, will be a crazy night.

pewye said:
fuck, I just realized that my first name on my SS card might be spelled with an E ***e*. But everywhere else (driver licence, home address, etc..) it is spelled ***a*.

If you filled out a real ballot you should be fine. If you filled out a provisional ballot then that is different.

Cloudy

Banned
pewye said:

If you already voted, you should be fine..

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Cyan said:
:lol Same.

My more politically inclined friends all told me I was an ass for hating him over one trivial issue... now they all hate him too! What fun!

I like to think of it as being ahead of the curve.

Tobor

I know this has been discussed to death, but what the hell was Palin wearing while voting? Did the RNC snatch the good clothes back?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Tamanon said:
I hate how Sanchez tries to use random Twitter comments to debate racial issues.:lol
What the hell happened to Don Lemon? He was so much better at the whole Twitter board thing and he didn't come off as a complete tool like Sanchez does when he mentions it.

Sharp said:
I think the primary legal difference, if there is one (and if there isn't, there should be), would be that this message more or less claims ("misleadingly implies," if you would prefer that term) that it might be possible to vote on November 5th and impossible on November 4th (again, by implication). It is impossible that a voter could both accept that information and have his or her vote counted, unless he or she is not a Democrat. Campaign ads can go crazy negative, but I'm pretty sure none of them actually attack the viewers' right to vote or present false information that would have the same effect. Again, this might not be a law, but it should be.

Fair answer, but the bolded is pretty much what I'm trying to determine.

We'll see what happens to the texter.

Tobor said:
I know this has been discussed to death, but what the hell was Palin wearing while voting? Did the RNC snatch the good clothes back?
I saw her brown jacket, (I don't remember what she was wearing underneath that), I think jeans. But yeah, I think the RNC is done with her.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom