• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madara

Holy shit at the hateful racist remarks I heard today. I almost swear Wisconsin was going back to a republican state since Reagan but typical rural voters likely are giving me a distorted picture. So much anger just from a person's skin color. I feel shamed I didnt say anything to group a guys on way out but there was no other people in sight and they were pissed and ready for a fight from the looks of it.

Raistlin

Amir0x said:
:lol @ the reporter on Fox News trying to equate the rise in oil prices today with the markets expectation that Obama will win

When I heard the price this morning, I was waiting for someone on the right to say this :D

Tobor

Dax01 said:
I saw her brown jacket, (I don't remember what she was wearing underneath that), I think jeans. But yeah, I think the RNC is done with her.:lol

They probably rode snowmobiles to the polling station. :lol

StrikerObi said:
Gotta love the crazy right-wingers. It's not OK to kill a fetus but it's totally OK to kill a convict. Right to life my ass.
Hmm... I don't really know if this is the best ground to attack right-wingers on. Sure, I understand the irony of a so-called "Pro Life" position when you're for the death penalty. However, at the same time, without that label, it really isn't a great irony to assume that one could be for protecting the life of what they deem to be an innocent baby, and also for eliminating convicted monsters who would be a danger to society if released.

madara said:
Holy shit at the hateful racist remarks I heard today. I almost swear Wisconsin was going back to a republican state since Reagan but typical rural voters likely are giving me a distorted picture. So much anger just from a person's skin color. I feel shamed I didnt say anything to group a guys on way out but there was no other people in sight and they were pissed and ready for a fight from the looks of it.

What did they say?

Birbo

eznark said:
Where did you go on Governor, or are you straight Dem?

I voted pretty much straight Dem. Wasn't to fond of Mitch Daniels anyway.

maynerd said:
Post what you wrote here. I'm sure GAF would love to read it.

I'm at work and don't have my columns here. It really wasn't anything over the top. I live in an area referred to as "The Region" that seems to follow Illinois democratic ways moreso than the rest of the state does. I talked about that and how I was encouraged the state my vote democratic for the first time in my life.

My editor emailed me saying that part didn't fit in the section of the paper my column is run in. I was annoyed, but shrugged it off at the time. After I found out they endorsed McCain, I emailed her, questioning the editorial integrity of the paper. We'll she what she responds with. :)

Barrett2

Michael Beschloss dropping knowledge on MSNBC right now, despite the horribly weak questions this woman is throwing at him. :lol

Speevy

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
I want to vote for the Black McCain. He will stare at Putin in the face, and freak him the fuck out.

He looks like the Good Guy doll company made a special Mccain for black children.

madara said:

Where did you vote? Also, what were the comments?

radjago

Funny. I had a friend attend the Obama concert/rally in Cincinnati on Sunday and he said it felt like a Black Panther party.

quadriplegicjon said:
i just voted. absolutely no line here in N. Miami Beach.

.. it was kind of weird.

:/
I never understood after all the people in the past who have sacrificed their lives so that we have the freedoms that we have today (regardless race/gender you are) that some people "don't have the time" to do a simple thing like vote. GIT YOUR ASSES OUTTA YOUR CHAIR AND VOTE, PEOPLE!!!

Your options:
obama_idw_cvr.jpg
mccain_idw_cvr.jpg

You people best be voting, or you dying...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
this is the most passionate, emotional election ever :O

people want to vote just to be a part of it, which is great ;D

I don't know if California has any laws prohibiting campaigning within X feet of a polling place, but there were a few people holding "No on 8" signs outside the place.

That shit made me nervous. And I agreed with them!

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
cilonen said:
BBC will have it live from about 23:00 both on BBC1 and BBC News; if you can stand their commentary that is.
OY GUV, LOOKI' "AT! THE BLOO'Y MOORS A GONNA WIN! AN' LOOKIT THE BLEE'IN M*CK! OY HE'S STEWIN NOW AINT 'E? BOLLOCKS, SEEIN A M*CK GET A JOLLY GOOD KICKIN, RIGHT INIS NIAGRA FALLS! FO' FURTHA REPORTIN' WE NOW GO TO GEORGIE AT THE JACK TAR HAVIN A FEW BRITNEYS, EH?

pizzaguysrevenge said:
I don't know if California has any laws prohibiting campaigning within X feet of a polling place, but there were a few people holding "No on 8" signs outside the place.

That shit made me nervous. And I agreed with them!

Yeah man you're not supposed to do that within 100ft. The polling place I was at this morning made a lady remove her Obama button before she could approach.

3rdman

At work and biting my fucking nails...I can't believe how nervous I am. I can't help but be reminded of 2004 at this moment...I spent all day watching PoliGaf hopeful for a Kerry win only to see it blow up in my face.

Things are certainly different but until it gets called, I'll be a nervous wreck.

Oh and...I just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

Listening to Fox News Radio on the way home, caught some funny Rush moments but also I heard that voter turnout is far lower than expected in many areas. Matter of fact, I went by my precinct on my way back from classes and there was no line at all. If the majority of people really voted already, this is fantastic news for Obama here. :D

cilonen

avaya said:
I'm gonna be channel hopping like crazy if I manage to stay in. Might actually head over to the official do in central, so many people out and about, will be a crazy night.

Good luck, that'll be fun. I live out in the sticks so no big do - I thought my company being a big US multinational might be doing something, but no luck. Fortunately I have Sky, so I can flick like crazy between Sky News, the Beeb, CNN, CNBC, Fox (ick) and whoever else is covering it.

MaddenNFL64

Con Con in Hawaii too. i voted no, because i dunno why. I don't think the state constitution should be messed with too easily.

I should have abstained though, as i didn't really study this issue enough.

Barrett2

typhonsentra said:
Listening to Fox News Radio on the way home, caught some funny Rush moments but also I heard that voter turnout is far lower than expected in many areas. Matter of fact, I went by my precinct on my way back from classes and there was no line at all.

33 states had early voting with huge turnout. Do you live in one of those states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom