• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Clipjoint said:
pic

The line at the Obama rally in Chicago right now

Luckily I don't care if I can see Obama or not. As long as I can hear the speech with my tickets, and see the Jumbotrons, I'll be happy.

snacknuts

we all knew her
pizzaguysrevenge said:
Christmas is pure evil. Stores are crowded for two months. All the stores are on the day of. TV is fucked with stupid specials. Airports are stuffed.

Fuck that.

I'm with you.

Hey, Luke Russert is in the Union at IUB.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm getting nervous now that I voted.

Obama better win this thing.

So much hope for the country right now. I can't imagine being crushed like that.

Marty Chinn said:
scrooge20mcduck20-20christmas20carol.jpg

BAH HUMBUG!!
Yeah, anyone with a logical perspective on the holiday is labeled as "cold hearted" or "Scrooge."

Did you know that Christmas has more domestic violence cases than any other day of the year?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bishman said:
When can we start celebrating, GAF?

When Obama wins Virginia and Florida at 7:00 EST?
You can celebrate 4 years from now when Obama gets things accomplished, anything before that is premature.

harSon

Banned
I'm starting to warm up to Rick Sanchez :D Why didn't he shut Joe the fuck up with "Are you saying people who aren't rich don't work hard?"

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Bishman said:
When can we start celebrating, GAF?

When Obama wins Virginia and Florida at 7:00 EST?
I'm celebrating right now :lol

This just feels so over and I just can't imagine him losing right now. I'm so freaking happy :D :D :D :D :D

SoulPlaya

more money than God
captmcblack said:
Sam the Quasi-Plumber...goddamn, Rick Sanchez obliterated him. :lol
That was hilarious, he absolutley destroyed this fraud, and all it took was the day of the election, lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
pizzaguysrevenge said:
Yeah, anyone with a logical perspective on the holiday is labeled as "cold hearted" or "Scrooge."
Except your post wasn't describing a logical perspective, it was emotional and highly subjective.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Can someone explain to me why the fuck it took until election day for someone in the media to grow some balls and actually question Joe's bullshit? Not that it matters, just wondering.

Zeliard

Cloudy said:
WTF was that by Sanchez? I think Joe is an idiot but he didn't deserve to be ambushed like that lol

Yes, he does. He needs to stop fucking parading his ignorance around. He's nothing but a glorified archetype and it's about time someone truly called his contradictive ass out.

cilonen

Marvie_3 said:
Awesome indeed! Fuckin Joe the Plumber.....

CNN international still not switched over to grown up CNN yet so we didn't get it, but man, that should have happened two weeks ago rather than giving the dude all this free exposure.

Tamanon

Banned
Cloudy said:
WTF was that by Sanchez? I think Joe is an idiot but he didn't deserve to be ambushed like that lol

Joe is an attention whore, he's out there trying to make news, seeking attention. He just didn't like this attention which he had to know was coming if he had heard of Sanchez.

I did like that he was challenged on the flat tax nonsense and why that matters if McCain doesn't support it either.

sangreal

Fragamemnon said:
Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) is on MSNBC next, he better start campaigning now because he's going to get positively destroyed by NC Attorney General Roy Cooper in 2010 if he doesn't pull of some sort of miracle. (seriously, it'll be like Santorum/Casey , Gilmore/Warner given Roy's popularity and Burr's GOP overreach).
Be careful, he might want to duel if he loses

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
sonicmj1 said:
How does Sarah Palin plan to 'improve the profession' of journalism as Vice President of the United States?

By killing off the Freedom of the Press? That oughta do it! *wink*

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
harSon said:
I'm starting to warm up to Rick Sanchez :D Why didn't he shut Joe the fuck up with "Are you saying people who aren't rich don't work hard?"
Me too, he just needs to stop acting like a tool when he's not interviewing somebody : /

Sharp

pizzaguysrevenge said:

Did you know that Christmas has more domestic violence cases than any other day of the year?
My birthday is Christmas Eve. It's a great holiday.

Kildace

sonicmj1 said:
How does Sarah Palin plan to 'improve the profession' of journalism as Vice President of the United States?

She'll get in there in all the journalist firms and be a maverick and make everything better, duh.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Guys, go back and watch Palin's VP acceptance speech. So much fun to look back and see the wicked person spout garbage.

Tobor

Slurpy said:
Can someone explain to me why the fuck it took until election day for someone in the media to grow some balls and actually question Joe's bullshit? Not that it matters, just wondering.

I think Sanchez has found his groove. That footage of him ripping the McCain advisor got huge play. He's the closest thing we have to Tim Russert at the moment, unfortunately.

Marvie_3

Banned
cilonen said:
CNN international still not switched over to grown up CNN yet so we didn't get it, but man, that should have happened two weeks ago rather than giving the dude all this free exposure.
I could agree more. I couldn't disagree with you more. /McCain

Palin is a fraud and it's taken a lot longer for the media to start calling her out on her bullshit. At least Joe got what he had coming to him....

BakedPigeon said:
Do results come in as soon as the polls close?

Seems like what they usually do is announce results shortly after the polls close with the caveat that only a certain percentage of the vote has been counted...and the results will sharpen in accuracy as that percentage goes up throughout the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom