• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Tobor said:
I think Sanchez has found his groove. That footage of him ripping the McCain advisor got huge play. He's the closest thing we have to Tim Russert at the moment, unfortunately.

He also ran a piece on Palin's secessionist ties, unlike the rest of the TV Media

Tobor

Dax01 said:
Give it sometime. I don't expect to know Virginia's results (about 8 pm EST) until about an hour after it's polls close.

VA polls close at 7PM. It will be called for Obama by 8PM.

Sharp

So am I right in saying that the exit polls actually haven't been leaked early this time? I know there's still another hour or so to go but from what you're all saying they were already all over the Internet by this time in 2004.

Tamanon

Banned
Tobor said:
I think Sanchez has found his groove. That footage of him ripping the McCain advisor got huge play. He's the closest thing we have to Tim Russert at the moment, unfortunately.

Well that's a bit of a stretch. I don't think Russert would ever respond to a salient point on a candidacy being based upon a broad coalition and not just a single race with a Tweet from Triangleman saying "Barack Obama is only this way because of his skin color and racism" :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Loudninja said:
For you maybe.
Indeed.

0780623746.01.LZZZZZZZ-721078.jpg

I am in VA and my friend and I just voted obama....my pops who has been republican voted obama (i convinced him..haha)

but who knows....while I think the 757 area and northern virginia is gonna give obama alot of votes, I am not so sure about the western parts of virginia

(edit) i know alot of folks in the 757 area and most of them are going obama

Joe the Plumber is such a complete moron

This is the "ideal American" that the Republicans want to hold up to the world?

Obama has been vetted and asked all the questions anyone has wanted to ask him

You are just a faux-plumber who sounds like an angry 'tard

derder

Marvie_3 said:
I could agree more. I couldn't disagree with you more. /McCain

Palin is a fraud and it's taken a lot longer for the media to start calling her out on her bullshit. At least Joe got what he had coming to him....
what?

Cloudy

Banned

I agree with his views but he needs to hide his bias better if he wants to be credible. There's a way to destroy Joe on the tax issue w/o dragging up his personal life. It's a frikken progressive income tax and Obama is just setting the rates on high income earners to the Clinton rates..

Tamanon

Banned
Sharp said:
So am I right in saying that the exit polls actually haven't been leaked early this time? I know there's still another hour or so to go but from what you're all saying they were already all over the Internet by this time in 2004.

They haven't leaked that I can see, no digital devices are allowed in the exit poll room this time.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Obama +2 in NJ

I'll personally deliver NJ and my Steelers personally delivered the election last night, making me the single greatest voter this country has seen.

Sharp said:

There's still time for that to happen but yeah if I remember correctly they were everywhere by now. On the other hand I think the usual culprits will be more reluctant to post leaks for various reasons.

ZeroTolerance

Marvie_3 said:
I could agree more. I couldn't disagree with you more. /McCain

Palin is a fraud and it's taken a lot longer for the media to start calling her out on her bullshit. At least Joe got what he had coming to him....

Man your delivery would have been perfect if you hadn't put McCain at the end but still good nonetheless.

Tobor

Tamanon said:
Well that's a bit of a stretch. I don't think Russert would ever respond to a salient point on a candidacy being based upon a broad coalition and not just a single race with a Tweet from Triangleman saying "Barack Obama is only this way because of his skin color and racism" :p

That's why I added the "unfortunately".

Dunk#7

McCain +1

Do not look at the exit polls. They always lean to the democrat side because there are polls showing that 35% of republicans will divulge information after voting while 45% of democrats will. This gives the exit polls favor Obama due to this fact.

Sharp

RubxQub said:
Obama +2 in NJ

I'll personally deliver NJ and my Steelers personally delivered the election last night, making me the single greatest voter this country has seen.
The Redskins streak was broken in '04 so even if I were superstitious I would be disinclined to cite that as either a reason for or a sign of an Obama victory.

Diablos

When I voted, no one asked me for ID. I just changed my voting location, too.

Now, obviously, I was still able to vote and I appreciate their speed, but at the same time, anyone could have gone in there saying they were me, signed whatever they wanted, and voted in my place.

Baker

Banned
lawblob said:
So is Obama back in Chicago right now, chillin' and ballin? At what time do the candidates wrap it up?

I thought msnbc or chicagotribune said Obama and Biden were in Chicago now, getting ready for the rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom