• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NimbusD

This morning on my way to walk a few blocks down to go vote I asked my grandpa to come with me and he was like (something to the effect of) : "Sure, if you want me to come, I mean I don't really pay attention but... (proceeds with a racist rant that I don't feel like replicating)"

Me: "Alright, see yah later gramps."

Relatively painless procedure, I got there right before an influx of 20 or so people and didn't have to wait.

Sleeker

wwlpgz.png

Seth C

Well, things are looking as good as possible in Kentucky so far. I went canvasing around noon, but nearly 100% of the people I spoke to had already voted. Turnout has been incredible. We ended up stopping our canvasing effort early because we were only really speaking to those who had already voted.

I'm headed out at about 5:30 to get the first results from one of the precincts here int own so that we can estimate the results for Lexington-Fayette. Then I am headed down to the party the Democratic Party is holding at Victorian Square. If you are in the Lexington area you really should attend. It is downtown at Victorian Square from 6pm to midnight. We will be watching results come in on a huge projection screen as well as several other TVs. Plus free food and drinks!

SoulPlaya said:
CHALK UP ANOTHER ONE FOR RICH, IVY LEAGUE GRADS

The rich part is going to happen, but really, you're going to complain about someone going to good schools?

We need our best and brighest running things

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Amir0x said:
wtf @ Exit polls

All people considered with Iraq voted Obama!?

63% for Obama on Iraq issue! Holy shit!
EXIT POLLS AMI!

AkbarITSATARP.gif

Jirotrom

AniHawk said:
I'm getting flashbacks of 2004 when those exit polls came in, everyone started freaking out over a Kerry win (in the happy, "yay, bush is gone" way), and then the results started coming in and maaaaaaaaaaaaan.
im surprised anyone liked Kerry, I hated the guy... Bush as well.

Dever

Banned
Finn going to sleep now. I hope by when I wake up you guys have a new, awesome president. It certainly looks that way at the moment... Thanks for not screwing this up. :D

Amir0x

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Er, I think you mean economy.

no, I mean Iraq. They just had it. Almost every state except Kentucky went Obama if their issue was Iraq. 63% :lol

Nobody needs to tell me to ignore exit polls. I know what happened to Kerry. However, it is still relevant data and will be regarded as such.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Tamanon said:
No, CNN was talking about Iraq. EXIT POLLS!

This is true... Iraq... something about Rhode Island in there... crazy screens and my grandpa

Hootie

9% of people who voted said terrorism was the biggest issue.

Well, we know McCain will have at least 9% of the vote!

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Malleymal said:
this thread is moving at NPD showing PS3 beating the wii levels of fast... I can not keep up

Oh and its going to get faster.

so fast that I got this message

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
StoOgE's election night party is ready to go.

I've got 3M easel board paper up to track swing states with time the state's polls close, I've got a Senate Seat Tracker AND I've got a tracker for 60! congressional races.

I am going to have the most informed/frightened guests ever!

I've also got red snapper and blue cuaca shots ready to go for guessing swing state/senate races wrong.

So they will be informed/scared/drunk.

camineet

Banned
Aristotlekh said:
+5 McCain.

My parents and all of my grandparents voted for him, except for my paternal grandpa, who abstained from voting and last week told me, "We don't need an inexperienced jive-ass [African-American] in the White House, but I'll be goddamned if I let that McCain windbag imbecile come within a mile of being President."

And so your paternal grandpa essentially voted for Obama. Cool.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Clinton looks like ABSOLUTE ASS today....like FUCK

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
PhoenixDark said:
What CNN exit polls? Info plz

I know they don't matter but I'm curious
62% say economy is top issue
10% say Iraq is top issue

Of those who picked Iraq, 63% voted for Obama

1160512323432.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jirotrom said:
im surprised anyone liked Kerry, I hated the guy... Bush as well.

I don't know anyone that really liked Kerry. I don't have anything against him, but like most people have said, he was the lesser of two evils. Kerry seemed like a much better choice, but he ain't got nothing on Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom