• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

ToxicAdam said:
This thread needs some kind of epic end of the world Ghostbusters type of shit. Mods need to open up the gates of hell and unban SD, Triumph, Ironknuckle, Snah, Tigerriot, etc. for one night only.

"Are you the keymaster?"

FREE TRIUMPH

OH SHIT CHUCK GODD IS BACK

Diablos

Going to watch the results elsewhere... when I come back, I hope to see Obama victorious!

Let's not screw this up America AND/OR buggy software code!

OBAMA!

Later kids!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I give up on that IRC Channel. It lagged me the fuck out. There's so many people and my message wouldn't get posted till like five minutes after I submitted it. :lol

ToxicAdam said:
This thread needs some kind of epic end of the world Ghostbusters type of shit. Mods need to open up the gates of hell and unban SD, Triumph, Ironknuckle, Snah, Tigerriot, etc. for one night only.

"Are you the keymaster?"

speaking of which, where did APF go?

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
As someone who grew up in a tiny little patch of blue in Indiana (Bloomington! Go Hoosiers!), all I can say is, if Obama wins Indiana, I'm not going to be able to maintain bladder control. I never thought I'd see the day...

Chittagong

Gold Member
Evening with bento box, MSNBC feed and loads of Cobra Light here in London, waiting for USA to finally get things right. Do it!

Evlar

Banned
Also in Kerry's defense, remember that he basically launched Obama's national political career by giving him a prominent speaking slot in the 2004 DNC. AND he endorsed Obama early in the primaries and gave him access to his donor list, which Obama depends on even now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tamanon said:
Scarbs just called Florida for Obama on early vote alone.:lol

If so, it's over.

I doubt it, though. Don't listen to Scarbs.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh suddenly Chuck Todd has pointed out why Virginia and Colorado were the big targets! It all makes sense with his pushpins. No wonder they played there. most college degrees, youngest age, highest income, they were the only 2 non-blue states.

One of the issues I voted on in Iowa was to change the state constitution regarding who can vote. Currently, the constitution says that "idiots" can't vote.

Sharp

Squirrel Killer said:
One of the issues I voted on in Iowa was to change the state constitution regarding who can vote. Currently, the constitution says that "idiots" can't vote.
Wha?

Squirrel Killer said:
Kentucky's says the same thing!!!!!!

Section 145 -
" the following persons are excepted and shall not have the right to vote.
3. Idiots and insane persons. "

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
bf02eg.jpg

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPIUM!!

witness

Oh James Carville how you ease a fellow louisianian's heart, said he already knew what was gonna happen on Oct. 7th :lol

Chinner

Banned
Squirrel Killer said:
care to expand?

sangreal

I don't have the link, but I posted earlier in the thread a NyTimes article quoting network execs as saying they are going to call the entire election once some of the east coast states go for Obama

Zapages

could someone please post for stream for live coverage... I don't feel like being a douche to my room mate who is studying by turning the tv on and watching any of the coverage.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
HolyStar said:
Damn I'll be to busy to watch TV. Damn biochemistry.

Not important.

Tonight we study history.

RetroMG

Fatalah said:
If you want to freak people out on Facebook, on Nov 5, make your status "GETTING READY TO VOTE".:lol

I did that to my boss today. I'm coming in late tomorrow so I can wait for a package from UPS, but when I asked him if it was all right, I said, "Hey, I'm going to need the morning off to go vote."

He stared at me for a minute or two before saying, "Wait... but... isn't today Tuesday?"

Then I told him I was just screwing with him.

JCreasy said:
Can people say more stuff like this . . . please
I don't know what you mean. You want me to elaborate on what he said? Or you want other news channel hosts to call the election? Or you were sarcastic and want me to shut up?

I should've said that it was Joe calling it though, not MSNBC as a whole. BIG difference. :/ :)

Marvie_3

Banned
Bagels said:
As someone who grew up in a tiny little patch of blue in Indiana (Bloomington! Go Hoosiers!), all I can say is, if Obama wins Indiana, I'm not going to be able to maintain bladder control. I never thought I'd see the day...
I'll feel the same way if a Democrat wins my home state of South Dakota. The fact that polling had Obama within 10 was enough to blow my mind already....

witness said:
Oh James Carville how you ease a fellow louisianian's heart, said he already knew what was gonna happen on Oct. 7th :lol
He is teaching at my university next semester. Is that not awesome?

JCreasy

witness said:

yes, this kind of talk

more MOORREE

NOm nom nom nom

Xisiqomelir

ToxicAdam said:

"Are you the keymaster?"

This is your best idea ever.

Tamanon

Banned
Evlar said:
Scarbs is from Florida. What polling data is he looking at?

He was basing it off conversations with GOP folks there lamenting how awful McCain's GOTV effort was. Basically making the point that Bush won early voting by a great deal, banking votes early.

Zapages

Plinko said:
Not important.

Tonight we study history.

exactly... This is history making event... Something you tell your children and grandchildren(adopted or not) that you were there when Obama was elected!!!

greepoman

Squirrel Killer said:

I assume that was meant to stop "mentally ill" people from voting originally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom