• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
witness said:
Oh James Carville how you ease a fellow louisianian's heart, said he already knew what was gonna happen on Oct. 7th :lol

I called it on the 6th. I beat him to it by a day!

(I really did)

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
10 FUCKING MINUTES TILL THE FIRST POLLS CLOSE!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Speevy said:
McCain can't really win without Indiana either, can he?

If McCain loses Indiana, he's fucked. Not so much because he needs the EVs (which he does - he needs every one of those fuckers), but because it will be emblematic of a HUGE structural shift in the political makeup of the country. If Obama wins Indiana, he's going to run the table.

http://mydd.com/story/2008/11/4/173646/618

Fox News, 10 percent of voters are voting for the first time, about the same as the 11 percent in 2004. In the following states, these voters broke down as follows:

Indiana: Obama 73 percent/McCain 23 percent
Ohio: Obama 69 percent/McCain 31 percent
Virginia: Obama 63 percent/McCain 36 percent

White men make up 36 percent of the electorate, the same as in 2004.

Indiana: Obama 44 percent/McCain 54 percent (Kerry 34/Bush 65 in 2004)
Ohio: Obama 47 percent/McCain 51 percent (Kerry 43/Bush 56 in 2004)
Virginia: Obama 39 percent/McCain 58 percent (Kerry 27/Bush 72 in 2004)

first time voters breaking hard for Obama (theoretically)
white men...better than kerry's performance

StoOgE

electricpirate said:
He would have to win PA, but the chance of winning PA but losing IN is pretty slim.

No, if he loses IN + CO + VA + NM + IA it doesnt matter if he gets PA.

and if IN goes, so goes NC, MO, PA, OH, FL etc anyway.

Sleeker

slide_571_12143_large.jpg

Chinner said:
care to expand?
Summary: Changes the language that describes a person who cannot legally vote from "idiot or insane person" to "a person adjudged mentally incompetent to vote."

Section 5 of Article II of the Constitution of the State of Iowa is repealed and the following adopted in lieu thereof:

DISQUALIFIED PERSONS. SEC. 5. A person adjudged mentally incompetent to vote or a person convicted of any infamous crime shall not be entitled to the privilege of an elector.

It currently reads:

Disqualified persons. SEC. 5. No idiot, or insane person, or person convicted of any infamous crime, shall be entitled to the privilege of an elector.

StoOgE

sangreal said:
Drudge: EXIT POLLS CLAIM 'OBAMA +15' IN PA... DEVELOPING... :D

While I put no stock in exit polls, that one is a big enough lead that I feel safe. Especially given that PA is about Obama +8-9 right now in the real polls. Probably means the exit poll is slightly high for Bams.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
News broadcasts should start for us in Australia. Going to be a very interesting morning and afternoon in my house.

JCreasy

Tamanon said:
He was basing it off conversations with GOP folks there lamenting how awful McCain's GOTV effort was. Basically making the point that Bush won early voting by a great deal, banking votes early.

i want more of this talk!!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
sangreal said:
Drudge: EXIT POLLS CLAIM 'OBAMA +15' IN PA... DEVELOPING... :D

NO--Ignore this, voters.

MaddenNFL64 said:
Guys, don't make the same mistake of 2004. No hopium hits from exit polling.
When the polls showed Kerry ahead in Ohio in 2004, how much did it differ from the actual results? Because 15% is a pretty big lead...

Hootie

Squirrel Killer said:
It currently reads:

Disqualified persons. SEC. 5. No idiot, or insane person, or person convicted of any infamous crime, shall be entitled to the privilege of an elector.

Oh wow :lol

cilonen

Chittagong said:
Evening with bento box, MSNBC feed and loads of Cobra Light here in London, waiting for USA to finally get things right. Do it!

Where did you pick up a Bento Box in London? Granted, not lived there for about ten years, so there's probably a place within 100 yards of every tube station nowadays, but next time I pass through I'll pick one up.

StoOgE

Tamanon said:
McConnell might be in trouble after all. 82% turnout in Louisville.:lol

Damn :D

If that's true.. :D :D :D

That's 60 by my guess... We need Franken (think we've got it) + Musgrove, Lunsford or Noriega (super longshot)

Blueblur1

SpacLock said:
Castro endorses Obama.

hahahaha
That robo-call shit is so ridiculous. Most Cuban-Americans are so afraid of the left that they mindlessly lean far right no matter what you tell them. That robo-call reinforces that crap.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
So, I'm listening to a show about the election here in Sweden, and the leader for one of Swedens biggest parties (the Social Democrats) has almost nothing but good stuff to say about Biden. Apparantely he's got quite some experience from working with european countries, and is a fun to talk to -- partly because he's kinda outspoken.

Thought I'd keep you posted.

TDG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Drudge is hyping huge numbers so it will be shocking when Obama only wins by +8 in PA.

I always question his motives. :lol
"OBAMA WIN IN PENNSYLVANIA MUCH CLOSER THAN EXIT POLLS INDICATED... MAY SPELL TROUBLE FOR OBAMA IN THE REST OF THE COUNTRY... DEVELOPING..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom