• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonarrat said:
He's got to be ready for that, he is running for President at a key point in our history.
I know i know, no sympathy for someone running for president.

Yet, all political bullshit aside, the guy must have a really fucking hard 3 days right now. I wonder what he eats/drinks/does during his flights to keep him focused.

Tarazet

Souldriver said:
Yet, all political bullshit aside, the guy must have a really fucking hard 3 days right now. I wonder what he eats/drinks/does during his flights to keep him focused.

He's on the nose candy, did you see his debates?

Sharp

mYm|17| said:
so what's the largest margin of victory for Electoral votes by a Presidential candidate?
I'm pretty sure there was at least one candidate who one every electoral vote. Reagan won all but two states in 1980, though, didn't he? Obama's not coming anywhere close to that.

I'm home sick with a flu this morning, so I won't be spending too long on PoliGAF before I fall asleep again, but I'm watching and waiting for the results to come in. Most of the channels here are going to have live coverage of the results (starting about an hour from now), so I've turned up the TV so I can hear the sound of victory from my room :D

Lemonz

mYm|17| said:
so what's the largest margin of victory for Electoral votes by a Presidential candidate?

Reagan ?

350px-ElectoralCollege1984.svg.png

Marvie_3

Banned
mYm|17| said:
Ronald Reagan (Republican) - 525
Walter Mondale (Democrat) – 13

Edit: Whoops, forgot about 1936....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
mYm|17| said:

I think Reagan won every state but Minnesota and D.C. against Mondale.

Edit: SO SLOW.

icarus-daedelus said:
Do you always put half of your post in the title?
Yes.

Fake Edit: Actually, no. I usually use the title for some quip, and leave the body for a more fully fleshed out comment. As fast as this thread moves, however, I have to keep the body short so that my post doesn't show up eight pages after it's relevant. Due to that shortening of body text, the title/body ratio goes up (or down, I can never remember quite how ratios are ranked up/down.)

Tarazet

Souldriver said:
Ooh, if that were to be true :lol :lol

Even if it isn't, I'm sure McCain is on the most potent battery of stimulants his heart can take without shattering like a glass pear.

JavyOO7

I wonder if Al Franken is going to win the Senate seat.

And if both Diaz Balart Bros don't win their seats.

Though Raul Martinez doesn't seem all that much better. =/

ghibli99

Looks like I picked the wrong night to finally pick up LBP.

This is so exciting! I can't wait to get home and watch this all night. :)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Cooter said:
What are they saying in Denmark? I'm curious.
They are waiting for the moment to annex the US to Greenland. Keep hoarding pork and beans and don't forget to pick an extra box of ammo.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sharp said:
I'm pretty sure there was at least one candidate who one every electoral vote. Reagan won all but two states in 1980, though, didn't he? Obama's not coming anywhere close to that.
Washington is the only candidate to officially win every single state. Nixon also unofficially won every single state but they gave the other guy one state because they wanted that distinction to be reserved for Washington.

sonarrat said:
Even if it isn't, I'm sure McCain is on the most potent battery of stimulants his heart can take without shattering like a glass pear.
Yeah, pretty amazing when you think about it. The 'medication' this guy must be swallowing right now must be quite a lot.

Zeliard

God, this is fucking tense. TENSE, I SAYS.

The election results are literally the only thing at this point that can keep me from playing Fallout 3.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Amir0x said:
i am frozen with excitement

Ami, can you give us a one time exception to the fuuuuck.gif ban rule so that Hootie can keep the streak going? We can't jinx this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom