• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Souldriver said:
Still no worrying about Virginia? 25% of votes counted and McCain still ahead... :/
I'm not worried because virtually none of the Democratic strongholds, which also happen to be the most populous areas of Virginia, have anywhere close to all their votes in (Fairfax is at like 2%). There's a reason that news organizations aren't calling it.

Stoney Mason said:
The key swing Florida county (my county) is starting to report in.

Hillsborough
Updated 8 minutes ago
McCain
54%
Obama
45%
2% of precincts reporting

Since 1960, no candidate has won Florida without winning Hillsborough County.
There goes my hope for Tampa peeps.

TDG

Banned
besada said:
Wow at the initial Ohio numbers. Didn't TDG tell us that Obama wouldn't win Ohio. Like a bunch of times?
I never ruled it out.

But, I wouldn't get too excited. There are three counties reporting: one is rural, and Obama's down there. The other two are in the Cleveland area, and Obama's up big there, just as Kerry was.

Don't get overconfident. Celebrating now would be the equivalent of celebrating a victory because California goes blue. The Cleveland area is ALWAYS heavily Blue.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Obama2shot.jpg

We got this.

pewye

Banned
I honestly don't understand how this thread is not stickied!!1

I guess NBA and NFL are more important than finding out who the next president will be.

Crisis

Banned
Guys quit trolling Virginia. There is a reason nobody's called it yet. They haven't gone CLOSE to counting Democratic strongholds yet.

itschris

pewye said:

I guess NBA and NFL are more important than finding out who the next president will be.

It doesn't need to be stickied when it'll stay at the top of the page from all the posts.

pewye said:

This thread is ALWAYS on the front page. It's more important than any sport, so more people post here and keep on the front page.

TDG said:
It's 8:21 EST, fyi.

Arkansas closes at 8:30, then a bunch of states close at 9.
I mean 830 Est. Sorry.:lol

icarus-daedelus said:
I am going to eat now. Sushi, or pizza?

Fuck it, pizza's closer. NoVA better be in when I get back.
I had same dilemma. My friend yelled at me, "YOU LIVE IN AMERICA! For tonight you will eat a hamburger and drink Bud Light!" I agreed :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Spiezer needs to be banned.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
by the way... cspan running a good piece right now on Howard Dean's 50 State Strategy.

Dean has to be given a lot of credit for this if Obama wins AND the DNC takes more seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom