• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
PantherLotus said:
2ic1ic9.jpg.gif
Thank you.
Hootie said:
HE TOOK ON THE CLINTON MACHINE AND WON

HE TOOK ON THE REPUBLICAN MACHINE AND WON

HE FOUGHT THROUGH THE SMEARS AND THE ATTACKS, AND PREVAILED

I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW GAF!!

PLEASE DON'T BAN ME FOR THE GIF I JUST HAD TO POST IT
And good job owning up. I hope you don't get the ban stick.

johnny, you went out with style. you attract some real piece of shit followers though, fucking immature.
It feels nice to be part of history. I'm hoarding all my Obama shit, maybe my kids will get some profit off of it someday. :D

Sigh, in such a historic night, it looks like we may have only come so far with Prop 8 in CA winning so far. One step forward, one step back....

gigapower

McCain's party looked like a bunch of stuck up white people.

Obama's party looks like America, every race, every color, every sex, etc.

Zeliard

Valth0nis said:
Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."²

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

1jupgx.jpg

MLK is smiling right now.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Zefah said:
Man fuck this McCain crowd. They are booing and shouting out random crap while McCain makes an honorable concession speech. When the camera panned over the crowd all I could see was scared and angry white people.

Oh well, this is not a time for hate. McCain has conceeded and he did so honorably. It's too bad we did not see more of this McCain during his campaign.

THEY BETTER BE!
The "blacks are now going to take over".

Loved McCain's concession speech, as he demonstrated nothing but class and respect for Obama.

Hated the crowd at the speech, but I was extremely proud that McCain wasn't having any of it.

Zonar

McCain leaves the stage to the music of Crimson Tide. :lol You know the one where Denzel Washington beats Gen Hackman. Perfection!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Shit guys, don't forget to upload youtube of Fox's elections coverage. I want to see their meltdown like MADDD !

SSM25 said:
Indeed, I don't live in the united states but I and millions of other hard working people in my country are celebrating this like is was our election.................
I still find this kinda weird.

And yes, it's good to see McCain acting like himself again. The people running his campaign didn't understand who he was, and it seemed for a while McCain himself forgot who he was.

Tf53

Just woke up in time to see McCain try to stitch up the part of the country he did his darndest to tear apart. Classy concession speech, but I don't know how much good it will actually do.

thefit

I JUST REALIZED THAT WHEN MY GRANDCHILDREN ASK ME WHERE I WAS WHEN BARACK WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT MY RESPONSE ALONG WITH ALL OF YOURS WILL BE........."GAF"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Grizzlyjin said:
McCain's crowd is bitter as hell, but you really can't blame them.

What is that music playing while McCain is getting off the stage? It sounds like something from Metal Gear Solid.

haha holy shit thats exactly what i was thinking

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Obama's now down by 5,000 votes in NC.:D :D :D

And LOL @ the crowd outside the White House!:lol :lol :lol :D :D
HE'S UP BY 22,000 NOW!

And holding a lead in Indiana to boot. C'mon landslide, keep it rolling. :D

Aaand Obama pulls ahead again in North Carolina. Guys, Obama won every state Silver at 538 predicted. That guy is going to be huge in 2010/2012. Everyone will want a piece of him.

Mahadev

Souldriver said:
Bush: congratulations, what an awesome night this must be for you. Enjoy yourself.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The man keeps on giving.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think this win by Obama will go down in history and looked upon in a positive light as the Civil Rights movement and have as big of an impact as the creation of the United States itself.

Ironballs

gigapower said:
McCain's party looked like a bunch of stuck up white people.

Obama's party looks like America, every race, every color, every sex, etc.

Such a great moment. This is one of those days some of us will never forget.

Jenga

Banned
thefit said:
I JUST REALIZED THAT WHEN MY GRANDCHILDREN ASK ME WHERE I WAS WHEN BARACK WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT MY RESPONSE ALONG WITH ALL OF YOURS WILL BE........."GAF"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol

God, that will be awkward.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Good for you for having a classy concession speech, but you know damn well you didn't mean it McCain, with the dirt-slinging campaign you were running the whole time...

And the crowd was pure trash too...

Good riddance! :D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It's been fun,

Thanks everybody for the constant updates, and commentary

I'm going to bed, a happy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom