• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaMarco

105z4om.gif

Also, McCain's concession nearly brought me to tears. Truly a gracious end to this story. He could have dragged this out and really bled the country. I want the Old McCain back

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WHAT'S THE PERCENTAGE?!?!

ToxicAdam said:
Has anyone called Missouri for McCain yet? He seems to be pulling away.

Haven't seen it yet. NBC has him up 51-48, still fairly close. NBC also has Obama ahead in Indiana by 1, and have already called Florida.

Needless to say it was a very clean and decisive win by Obama. Not a landslide per se (he didn't get GA or ND), but still a very solid victory.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
thefit said:
I JUST REALIZED THAT WHEN MY GRANDCHILDREN ASK ME WHERE I WAS WHEN BARACK WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT MY RESPONSE ALONG WITH ALL OF YOURS WILL BE........."GAF"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol I will fucking STILL have this shit bookmarked for them to read EVERYTHING.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Classy comments on the Fox News site:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/04/wrap-polls-start-close-frenied-day-voting/comments/

I love America, why would I leave it? God sets up and deposes rulers - for whatever reason, God has allowed this to come about. America will have to live with what we decided. Because of our decisions, I'm afraid we are moving outside of God's blessing and protection. That grieves me.

Are they going to put grease covers on all the seats in the white house?

Man, all of the blacks are taking to the street like they just won the lottery! Yo, let me know if you Obama check is in the mailbox in the morning!?! Otherwise, you'll still have to get a job and act like a civilized American. I know, you didn't think you would have to do that with Obama as President, but don't forget.........HE'S HALF WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

thefit said:
I JUST REALIZED THAT WHEN MY GRANDCHILDREN ASK ME WHERE I WAS WHEN BARACK WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT MY RESPONSE ALONG WITH ALL OF YOURS WILL BE........."GAF"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Indeed. :)

GhaleonEB

Wait, two million votes were cast before today in Georgia, but 2.5m have been counted with 88% reporting? Some MAJOR bullshit going on right there.

TDG

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Has anyone called Missouri for McCain yet? He seems to be pulling away.
No, but he's going to win there. I guess they've forgotten about calling states, Missouri will go to McCain, and it sure looks like Nevada, NC, and Indiana will go to Obama.

ronito

Rewrite said:
:lol I will fucking STILL have this shit bookmarked for them to read EVERYTHING.
oh man. ... I just realized the same thing.
"I was with GAF"
"What's GAF?"
"You know that forum I'm part of."
"Oh was Uncle Triumph there?"
"No...no he wasn't."
<sob>

gondwana

Unfuckingbelievable. Everyone around is getting so emotional. I don't know when or how this is going to hit me, but it's going to happen--and hard.

GhaleonQ

besada said:
Another crybaby heard from.

No, I'm actually inspired. After Bush, Junior and Obama, literally ANYONE can be president (it used to be "become," but that's past). Yes, even you! Or that guy! We've all done nothing on the national political level, too!

Amir0x

Banned
MICHELLE MALKIN BITTER TEARS SO DELICIOUS

First order of business: He can now change the “0&#8243; to a “1.”

Second order of business: Will he bring the Greek columns out for Inauguration Day?

Commenter Valiant: “Third order of business: De-brand the GOP of McCain and the idea that we need a RINO because ‘he can win.’ Never again.”

SO SALTY AND YUMMY

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Early Voting was big for Obama in Georgia...

Wow, he could win in Georgia too

zam

Awesome, even living in Sweden I managed to get my absentee ballot sent in time to put my vote in. There was barely any doubt in my mind who was going to win, congratulations Barack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom