• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kees-

INDIANA UPDATE:

After falling to an 1,800 vote lead, Obama rebounded to a current 8,000 vote lead. Porter County is now 100% and Marion County is 2% from fully reporting. Lake and LaPorte County have 8% and 10% remaining respectively. Obama leads Tippecanoe 55-44 with 14% yet to be reported. McCain and Obama are now about even in number of counties are percentage they have left to report. However, Obama's counties are much more populated than McCain's. One county has yet to report yet, and would likely favor McCain. If it would be enough to overcome the remaining votes to be counted in Obama friendly counties, we'll have to wait and see.

i hope Obama's combo breaker on the hold of Bush's ultra right wing hold on American politicians will bring moderate conservatives at heart back to their roots like john McCain. When we lean too far one side or the other we fail as a country, we gaining back our steam

besada

Banned
Iksenpets said:
McCain is good people. His supporters are dicks. They don't deserve him.

The campaign he's run suggests differently. I know the assumption is that John McCain wasn't really being John McCain, and people are happy to blame anyone but John McCain, but it was his campaign and he signed off on every disgusting ad, every bullshit attack.

Doing the minimum of delivering a gracious concession speech doesn't change any of that. It's what he has to do to retain any say as a Senator in a Democratic controlled Senate. It's exactly like FOX suddenly doing a 360 on Obama.

Teknoman

Sol.. said:
shit, suddenly i get this overwhelming feeling of "man i hope somebody doesn't try to shoot this dude"

Well at least they stopped those crazy skinheads from doing a quick spree then trying to assassinate the guy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Xabora said:
Which DQ game is this from... because nothing is clicking.
VIII

WedgeX

Banned
thefit said:
I JUST REALIZED THAT WHEN MY GRANDCHILDREN ASK ME WHERE I WAS WHEN BARACK WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT MY RESPONSE ALONG WITH ALL OF YOURS WILL BE........."GAF"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Proud of it!

Game-Biz

thefit said:
I JUST REALIZED THAT WHEN MY GRANDCHILDREN ASK ME WHERE I WAS WHEN BARACK WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT MY RESPONSE ALONG WITH ALL OF YOURS WILL BE........."GAF"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Damn.

Fucking damn.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
:lol

Travis Smiley just said one of the more moving things I've heard tonight (next to Clyburn's almost tearful soliloquy). "If I weren't strapped down to this desk I'd jump up and lead us all out to dance the electric slide"

God this is a great night.

sangreal

siren.gif

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17894973/detail.html

ATLANTA -- Fulton and Gwinnett Counties failed to include any advance votes in their election totals by 11 p.m. Tuesday night.

Officials at the Secretary of States office confirmed to WSB-TV Channel 2 that the votes were not being included in early returns.

Up to two million votes may be going uncounted.

"Something's really wrong out there," said WSB-TV political analyst Matt Towery.

The unreported votes could have a major effect on the race for the U.S. Senate between Saxby Chambliss and Jim Martin. The early results show Martin trailing Chambliss by 14 percentage points.

Martin supporters said they believe a large percentage of the unreported votes will be for their candidate.

n1n9tean

Banned
TiVo said:
Fuk Jesse Jackson. Didn't he want to cut of Obama's nuts?
That thought crossed my mind as well. But think of the things Jesse Jackson has seen in his life and look at what he sees now. It's an amazing thought.

You don't have to like Jesse. Shit, I don't. But, when you think of it like that it's VERY powerful.

pestul

Congratulations USA! I knew you could do it. :D

Looking at the numbers, Obama may actually take both NC and IN and possibly MT!

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Shinz Kicker said:
i hope Obama's combo breaker on the hold of Bush's ultra right wing hold on American politicians will bring moderate conservatives at heart back to their roots like john McCain. When we lean too far one side or the other we fail as a country, we gaining back our steam

have we ever gone far left?

I wanna see what happens.

Chris R

Palin makes a better governor anyways. Not that it wouldn't stop her from running in four years and getting crushed once again, and then four years after that.

speculawyer said:
If McCain had run like that, he might have won. It's not like the racists would have been so disgusted they would have voted for Obama.

Agreed... it seems like everywhere he ran negative ads, he lost ground.

It was a nice concession speech, I'll give him that. I hope it 'takes'. We need to work together going forward.

Brannon

Senate seats stand at 56 DEM / 40 GOP.

If the GOP gets one more seat, they retain filibuster power. This is going to be interesting.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ToxicAdam said:
Has anyone called Missouri for McCain yet? He seems to be pulling away.
Dude, seriously, I don't think anyone gives a shit right now about Missouri :lol

sangreal

pewye said:
nothing important

Senate seats aren't important?

inner-G said:
McCain needs multiple states at this point.

This is about Georgia, where McCain already was declared winner. We only need to get Saxby Chambliss below 50% to force a runoff election, and not counting 2 million early votes (which were reportedly heavily dem) is certainly important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom