• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Atomic said:
from that link, for you gaffers -

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.
:lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AniHawk said:
So who was watching what when it was called for Obama?

I was watching The Daily Show.

It was so awesome.
MSNBC, and switched to FoxNews to feel their apathy and sorrow.

Zoe

AniHawk said:

It was so awesome.

I was standing in a room of 1000 or so people halfway between projector screens showing CNN and MSNBC :D

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
holy crap, just checked the popular vote and so far 'Bams got 62.5 million votes. Nice. :D

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Most critically for Texas, we are in a very strong position to take over the state house in 2010 for redistricting.

OmniGamer

Brannon said:
Amazing what a community organizer can become with an average donation of ~$80/person.

Rudy - "Community Organizer? What is that!?"

HE'S YOUR FUCKING BOSS!

This is way back on page 276(i'm busy playing catch-up), but QFT! That smug SOB...that comment was one of the moments that lead to me donating to Obama.

Eric P

Cheebs said:
btw people in my neighboorhood started launching fireworks last night after obama was declared the winner. I love living in a liberal town. :lol

same in DC

except they were launching some AT the white house according to two friends

stressboy

AniHawk said:

It was so awesome.

I was getting ready to leave for work and flipped over to CNN to see them call the election.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I had to turn on the news as soon as I woke up this morning to make sure it wasn't a dream.... seriously.

Some of the ppl that were interviewed at the Mccain party were just incredible...

"I hope he doesn't mess things up"
"He's not my president, not now not ever"
"No, I won't support him"

Incredible.

1-D_FTW

Cheebs said:
btw people in my neighboorhood started launching fireworks last night after obama was declared the winner. I love living in a liberal town. :lol

I heard three separate lobbies of pops in my neighborhood. But to be honest, it sounded more like someone emptying a gun clip. And I'm not sure it was celebratory, or they were just checking to make sure it was in working order.:lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
AniHawk said:
But he still might be associating with turrists though.
When Ayers isn't pt in his cabinet, WHAT WILL THEY DO?

When he delivers Bin Laden, WHAT WILL THEY DO?

When he crushes the Taliban in the palm of his hand like a card, WHAT WILL THEY DO?

:lol :lol oh god, this election is still real, I can't wait to talk to everyone.

To everyone who is filled with hate towards Obama:

WHERE WAS THIS HATE THE LAST EIGHT YEARS?

So this thread moves way too fast but does anyone have the Electoral breakdown for the states?

I didn't bother to check whether Florida went red or blue.

guess said:
1zygghh.jpg

McCain was obviously going to take TX, but I'm not upset at the results. Big 4 cities went for Obama. Suburbs, not so much.

I believe this is the first time Harris County (read: Houston) has gone to the Dem nominee since LBJ. Also, 30 of 35 County seats went Dem when we had none before.

If the GOP does not court the Hispanic vote, Texas will be a swing state n 2012. Think about that for a couple of minutes, and try to draw a Republican electoral college victory without Texas.
greepoman said:
I imagine that southern border is a result of the Latino vote turning on the Republican party. It's funny because Geraldo has been on several Foxnews' shows saying how all the vitriolic anti-immigration over the recent years has resulted in legal immigrants and their children getting harassed and thus have turned on the Republican party. The foxnews' hosts then try to get in to how "unfair" this is LOL. Gotta love people who have so clearly never been discriminated against.

Nah, the valley has always been a Democratic hotbed. It is also notorious. People always say JFK won in 1960 because of dead people in Chicago, but they are overlooking the fact that the Rio Grande Valley's dead people turnout was even to surpassing Chicago.

That's right, the critical zombie demographic handed JFK the 1960 election.

Vangellis

reilo said:
MSNBC, and switched to FoxNews to feel their apathy and sorrow.

Lol, i was doing that all night, it was awesome. I laughed everytime I saw their faces on fox. They didnt know what to do with themselves.

JayDubya

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
To everyone who is filled with hate towards Obama:

WHERE WAS THIS HATE THE LAST EIGHT YEARS?

Directed at an incompetent hypocrite who asserted values I could agree with but lacked the intellect to accomplish them and often did things many things contrary to those values.

Now directed at an intelligent individual who holds repugnant values.

pollo

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
For the MA-age.

I have no idea why we banned greyhound racing. You just killed a thousand or so jobs.

what a supid fucking ban. I could not understand why that shit passed.

greepoman

demon said:
holy crap, just checked the popular vote and so far 'Bams got 62.5 million votes. Nice. :D
And McCain is at 55.4 million (with 96% reporting).

For reference in 2004:
Bush 62,040,606
Kerry 59,028,109

So looks like turnout actual went down from 2004?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've still got a lot of happiness about this and I'm not even an American.

barack-obama.jpg

I remember reading this at the local doctor's practice whilst my partner was doing a check-up two years ago. That was when the Obama statements were being thrown around, countless people were questioning it all because of his lack of experience. But deep down inside and seeing his face on the cover, I kind of knew that one day he might be the U.S. President and would actually put some more respect into a nation that is often looked at with contempt but equally adored for its contributions to the globe for the past century or so.. even if none of us state it as so.

I am truly happy for the citizens who get to enjoy his leadership after a dreadful eight years that many other nations have felt, and I take pride in knowing that there is hope for humanity sometimes.

X26

Banned
greepoman said:

For reference in 2004:
Bush 62,040,606
Kerry 59,028,109

all the votes haven't been counted yet

Busty

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
I kind of feel bad for McCain. I think he's a good guy, but I think we needed a breath of fresh air.

I hope the world doesn't look down on him.

I agree totally. McCain always seemed to me like a solid guy. Very articulate and charismatic and as a conservative he was always been moderate.

But in his quest to get into the White House he became too like Bush for everyone's liking. If the Republicans had let McCain be McCain then things may have been a little different.

For the record I still see Obama's victory as a major turning point of the World as a whole. Some people have already started comparing it to our generation's 'moon shot' moment.

Neo C. said:
The foreign press is generally positive to McCain, not so positive to his campaign and Palin though. :p

The 'media narrative' that the British media have had around Palin's campaign has been one of disbelief and, frankly, at times a mocking tone.

Palin is now perfectly positioned to carve out a career in the media as she certainly has a brand of 'politics' that not many may agree with but everyone finds compelling either in a positive or negative way.

But I will eat my fucking hat and the coat that came with it if Palin is elected as the Republican nominee in 2012.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
reilo said:
I love how some motherfuckers rail on Europe, proclaiming Obama will turn America into Europe, but never have set foot outside of the little bubble they live in.

Ignorance is so hawt.
One man's insult is another man's hope.:lol

Awesome Guy Fawkes day. It honestly feels like some weight's been lifted, if only temporarily. My friend, who voted McCain keeps telling everyone that Obama's not the panacea for America's problems--I think she's missed the point. Nobody thought he was--even he, himself, said he wasn't. But his election represents both a diminishing of the old, frigid, borderline-racist world of the sixties to present, a more open mindset, and most importantly, a willingness to accept culpability for our own problems.

So good.

greepoman said:

For reference in 2004:
Bush 62,040,606
Kerry 59,028,109

I think the turnout was up but the evangelical vote was down

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
kkaabboomm said:
how is ted stevens up by 3500 votes with 99% of the precincts in?

HOW?

HOW?

because the dirty secret is the Alaskans love their pork, and Stevens has been very very good at bringing it in.

JayDubya said:
Directed at an incompetent hypocrite who asserted values I could agree with but lacked the intellect to accomplish them and often did things many things contrary to those values.

Now directed at an intelligent individual who holds repugnant values.
Bush never held the values he espoused to begin with. None of them.

Now we'll see how many of the values Obama espouses he really holds. It won't be many, but in some cases that might be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom