• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
headline20081103.gif

electoralmap-smalloct30.gif

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/article.php?id=LJS2008110301

Okay, I'm NOT trying to be a concern troll or anything, I'm simply asking a question.

What's the likelihood of Obama winning PA, FL, OH, or VA? I know he's leading in polls right now, but I just read an article on Yahoo that says McCain is closing the gap (then again, this may just be another one of those "OMG tightening" false alarms, but I wouldn't know either way).

I'm just looking for some clarification. No Chicken Little here.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Obama taking a brutal blow in the early polling.

Washington: 3
Pittsburgh: 0

It's still early, but this initial polling data is concerning.

Tamanon

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Okay, I'm NOT trying to be a concern troll or anything, I'm simply asking a question.

What's the likelihood of Obama winning PA, FL, OH, or VA? I know he's leading in polls right now, but I just read an article on Yahoo that says McCain is closing the gap (then again, this may just be another one of those "OMG tightening" false alarms, but I wouldn't know either way).

95% that he'll win one of them at the least according to Nate.

Fox318

Jack Scofield said:

polls are all we have to go on. Might as well just wait for tomorrow.

RubxQub

Shiggie said:
What does the numbers mean?
Each number is a marker of progress. Whichever city has the higher count will reach victory at the end of the 60 minutes of regulation.

In the event of a tie, there is a coinflip to see who gets possession in overtime, sudden death.

greepoman

RubxQub said:
Obama taking a brutal blow in the early polling.

Washington: 3
Pittsburgh: 0

It's still early, but this initial polling data is concerning.

Now an INT...tomorrow better not go like this.

RubxQub said:
Each number is a marker of progress. Whichever city has the higher count will reach victory at the end of the 60 minutes of regulation.

In the event of a tie, there is a coinflip to see who gets possession in overtime, sudden death.
I have no clue what you're talking about, so I'm guessing it's bullshit. If so: you suck. :p

Fake results and sarcastic concern posts should be banned the next 24 hours.

RubxQub

Souldriver said:
I have no clue what you're talking about, so I'm guessing it's bullshit. If so: you suck. :p

Everything I posted is 100% legit, as proved by snopes.

It has a 94.4% accuracy rating.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Crumpet Trumpet said:
Guess what guys? I turn 17 tomorrow.

hsfadkl;askdl;ashkjhgfdjl
why couldn't i be born a year earlier omfg

Dude, my 18th birthday is less than 10 days from now........:(.

EDIT: And im in Florida AAAARGH.

Deus Ex Machina said:
Photos: "Sen. Barack Obama sheds tears as he talks about his grandmother"

capt.9b610315a9e84087a98f467ece41f322.obama_2008_ncjh109.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., sheds tears as he talks about his grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, at a rally in Charlotte, N.C., Monday, Nov. 3, 2008. Obama's grandmother, who helped raise him, died peaceably in her sleep Obama announced Monday, one day before the presidential election. She was 86. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

GOP sues over Obama's trip to see grandmother

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_140553.html

On Monday afternoon, the RNC blasted out a complaint from the California Republican Party charging that "Obama for America violated federal law by converting its campaign funds to Senator Obama's personal use" for the trip. That proposed issue for the FEC to investigate is one of five violations alleged by California Republicans in their complaint.

JCreasy

RubxQub said:

you . . . you . .

GRRRRRRRRRR

DON'T DO THAT!

MY HEART JUST FELL OUT MY ASS!!

sangreal

Anyone see that segment on CNN where they tried to interview Ted Stevens? :lol

In a Rick James moment, he went from saying he isn't angry to a rant about why he is angry

Campbell said at the end he might be delusional...

Tamanon said:
Aight Dax, that's enough updates on a random Xbox Live shit.
:(

Tomorrow's going to be a tight day. I won't be getting Resistance 2 until AT LEAST 4 pm, so I'll be able to play for about 3 hours before I have to turn it off and pay attention to MSNBC.

Red Scarlet

Souldriver said:

I think it has to do with the Monday Night Football game, and which commentators said who was going to win the election.

greepoman

Souldriver said:

NFL...Redskins winning on the Monday night before the election = 13 out of 13 times the incumbent party has won the popular vote. So root against the Redskins!

Tamanon

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
I think it has to do with the Monday Night Football game, and which commentators said who was going to win the election.

Yeah it's the stupid electioneering via football game.

RubxQub

Tamanon said:
Yeah it's the stupid electioneering via football game.
94.4% accuracy is nothing to fuck with!

Fine I'll stop...

Wow, it would be horrible if people based their vote solely on who wins this game.

"Redskins won? I guess I'd better follow tradition and vote for the incumbent party!" :lol

Saint Gregory said:
It was discussed earlier. Traditionally a Redskins win means the incumbent party wins, they lose the incumbent party loses.

Right now we better hope it's wrong :(
Oh I see. :)

Stupid traditions/superstitions. :p

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Obama grandma's death is a bad omen. Many people in the medical field believe there's a psychosomatic mechanism of sheer willpower that keeps terminally ill patients alive until they reach a significant moment in their lives, whether it be the marriage of a granddaughter or even just one final Christmas with the family. The fact that grandma passed away on the eve of the election means there might not be good news tomorrow...

Tobor

Dax01 said:

Tomorrow's going to be a tight day. I won't be getting Resistance 2 until AT LEAST 4 pm, so I'll be able to play for about 3 hours before I have to turn it off and pay attention to MSNBC.

Don't you have homework to do, young man? ;)

RubxQub

Red Scarlet said:
If the Redskins win, you are gone until they win a Super Bowl.
...I think I'm going to be locked away for a long time...

SnowWolf said:
Obama grandma's death is a bad omen. Many people in the medical field believe there's a psychosomatic mechanism of sheer willpower that keeps terminally ill patients alive until they reach a significant moment in their lives, whether it be the marriage of a granddaughter or even just one final Christmas with the family. The fact that grandma passed away on the eve of the election means there might not be good news tomorrow...
7124bm.gif

Tobor

SnowWolf said:

Utterly ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom