• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
voodoojohn said:
I'm in California and I'm still waking up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to vote as early possible. I'll wait in line for four fucking hours if I have to! I want so badly to be proud of my country again. LET'S DO THIS SHIT, PEOPLE!

*chomps beef jerky*

*chugs beer*

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
america-fuck%20yeah.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kkaabboomm said:
http://thepage.time.com/2008/11/03/palin-releases-medical-records/

finally, on the eve of the election, her medical records are....not really released her physician just wrote a letter saying she was healthy

why did it take this long for such non-news?

OMG THIS IS AS MEGATON AS THE HARLEM GLOBETROTTER REFEREES RELEASING THEIR VERDICT ON TROOPERGATE TODAY.

everything is falling into place at JUST the right time

Nicodimas said:
Talk to some vets in the clinton era spec...it's really interesting to hear some -stories-.
Stories . . . fiction.

Look . . . the DoD got hundreds of billions. If there was any shortage of bullets it is because some jackass forgot the order them or some guy decided to intentionally not order them in order to create a story like that know that people like you would eat it up. Do you really think we could afford B-2 bombers but not bullets? WTF? How stupid can you be to believe that?

Did the DoD have cuts? Yes! The cold war was ending, they should have been cut. To some degree, the military is nothing but massive welfare program because we really don't need to be spending more than every other nation other planet combined.

And selling nuclear secrets to China? Sure . . . as if that happened, we wouldn't have seen that on his impeachment trial.

Try to think before believing such shit.

AniHawk

Right now, this thread is bigger than the 2004 GE thread, and that one lasted one week until after the election was over.

Grizzlyjin said:
Doris Kearns Goodwin on the Daily Show right now! Man, I love that woman. My university was part of a live CSPAN talk with her, and she is hilarious and informative.

I've had a GILF crush on her for over a decade.

SUSA florida!

FL: Obama 50, McCain 47 (SurveyUSA-10/31-11/3)

ARG NC!

Obama 49, McCain 48

ARG VA!

Obama 51, McCain 47

ARG WV!

McCain 53, Obama 42

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
AniHawk said:
Right now, this thread is bigger than the 2004 GE thread, and that one lasted one week until after the election was over.
I've heard that there was a recent poll showing that young folks were largely supporting McCain by about 75%.

He's really energized people our age to the political process.

Sharp said:
I can't apply logic to this situation. 99% chance of victory or no, I will not believe anything until every last fucking vote is counted. Well, okay, if any of the networks call it that will probably be enough for me...

I have a lab report to write tomorrow. It probably won't get done.

I'm running late on several deadlines. For the next 24 hours, I will subsist on nothing but espresso and hopium. Good luck.

Last minute polls from SurveyUSA:

FL

O - 50
M - 47

PA

O - 52
M - 43

Everything has been remarkably "stable" on the day before elections. You can sort of feel that all the action is going on at the ground level at this point.

kkaabboomm said:
finally, on the eve of the election, her medical records are....not really released her physician just wrote a letter saying she was healthy

It's bullshit is what it is. She's hiding something that's embarassing, and that's that.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Colbert's plumber reference :lol :lol.

kkaabboomm said:
http://thepage.time.com/2008/11/03/palin-releases-medical-records/

I guess it's not that there was any shocking news, just that she totally doesn't have her shit together. She probably just forgot.

Totally ready to be VP uh huh you betcha

Damn I don't think anybody saw my proposal for a "I'll give you a gift for voting" thread. It was at the bottom of the last page and PoliGAF moves so fast :(

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Fragamemnon said:
abortion OR the great Trig conspiracy, IMO.
Either of those would be earth shatteringly terrible. The abortion more so than the Trig conspiracy actually :lol

I hadn't even really thought about it (what could be hidden in her medical records), but you just planted that seed of curiosity in me.

Sharp

Matthew Gallant said:
It's bullshit is what it is. She's hiding something that's embarassing, and that's that.
What makes you say that? God damn it guys, not everything is a fucking conspiracy theory! It's probably just Palin and her staff's ineptitude resulting in everything getting half-done after the deadline.

Nicodimas

Banned
Do you really think we could afford B-2 bombers but not bullets? WTF? How stupid can you be to believe that?

Spec you not trumping me on the subject... WE use a inferior ammo and guns (.223) when we should be using 6.8 spc or 6.5 Grendel or something else not fing .22 ammo. It's insanity. Clinton destroyed 750,000 m14s in office and sold a bunch off and what do they want in Iraq 7.62 guns... Still a bit heavy though.

We could modernize our whole gun inventory for the cost of 10 billion dollars. We don't because someone is making money and all know it. The same reason dragonskin hasn't been approved govt contracts.

We didn't want to spend the money on bullets and stuff on the troops because a billion dollar plane keeps the defence contrators happy.

We keep switching .223 bullets to make use of the weapons system we have.. 55->78 grn bullets is what we are at now?

Rapping Granny said:
when is it?
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/11/03/1st-town-weighs-in-at-midnight/
Dixville Notch, an isolated village located in New Hampshire's northeast corner, will begin voting at the stroke of 12 a.m. Tuesday, and the ballots won't take long to tally: Dixville Notch only has about 20 registered voters.

cast and counted soon after midnight

and remember, for the primary (both parties voted on the same day):

Obama 7
Edwards 2
Richardson 1

McCain 4
Romney 2
Guiliani 1

Rapping Granny said:
when is it?

some random place in New Hampshire *snore*

Bring on IN and KY, specifically the early results from IN-9 and IN-3 (will be in before Gary) and the Lunsford numbers from Louisville.

KHarvey16

Nicodimas said:
Spec you not trumping me on the subject... WE use a inferior ammo and guns (.223) when we should be using 6.8 spc or 6.5 Grendel or something else not fing .22 ammo. It's insanity. Clinton destroyed 750,000 m14s in office and sold a bunch off and what do they want in Iraq 7.62 guns... Still a bit heavy though.

We could modernize our whole gun inventory for the cost of 10 billion dollars. We don't because someone is making money and all know it. The same reason dragonskin hasn't been approved govt contracts.

We didn't want to spend the money on bullets and stuff on the troops because a billion dollar plane keeps the defence contrators happy.

Oh hey guys, an armchair commando! Tell us about your airsoft collection guy.

Dead

well not really...yet
I hate how McCain stops after every sentence and grins like an idiot to the crowd, as if he was waiting for approval.

ToxicAdam said:
I was thinking the other day, imagine how different history would have been if Kerry would have courted McCain as his VP. You'd probably be looking at a Kerry v Romney election this year and Obama would still be relatively unknown.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-03-10-mccain-vp_x.htm

Never been a big Kerry guy. Despite being crazy liberal I couldn't bring myself to pull the level for him (which I've mentioned way too much this election season.) One of the more annoying aspects to me about 2004 was how much Kerry kissed McCain's ass. I thought it only made him look weak but that's probably just a me thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom