• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
artredis1980 said:
SUSA was one of the most accurate pollsters in 2004 presidential elections

IN PA, Obama has a 9 point lead (BLUE in 2004)
IN FL, Obama has a 2 point lead (RED in 2004)
IN NC, McCain has a 1 point lead (RED in 2004)
IN MO, Obama and McCain are tied (RED in 2004)
IN GA, McCain has a 7 point lead (RED in 2004)
IN OH, Obama has a 2 point lead (RED in 2004)
IN MN, Obama has a 3 point lead (BLUE in 2004)
IN VA, Obama has a 4 point lead (RED in 2004)
IN NM, Obama has a 7 point lead (RED in 2004)
And they underrated Obama heavily in the primaries whenever AA vote was a factor.

I was going to suggest Things Can Only Get Better by D:Ream for the Obama victory song, but Tony Blair used it when he came to power so it's kinda soiled now.

Gary Whitta said:
I was going to suggest Things Can Only Get Better by D:Ream for the Obama victory song, but Tony Blair used it when he came to power so it's kinda soiled now.

I hope he goes with it's a beautiful day and not some country song. (or at least modern pop country is what I mean. Nothing wrong with rocking Johnny Cash)

sangreal

Networks May Call Race Before Voting Is Complete
A senior vice president of CBS News, Paul Friedman, said the prospects for Barack Obama or John McCain meeting the minimum threshold of electoral votes could be clear as soon as 8 p.m. — before polls in even New York and Rhode Island close, let alone those in Texas and California. At such a moment, determined from a combination of polling data and samples of actual votes, the network could share its preliminary projection with viewers, Mr. Friedman said.

“We could know Virginia at 7,” he said. “We could know Indiana before 8. We could know Florida at 8. We could know Pennsylvania at 8. We could know the whole story of the election with those results. We can’t be in this position of hiding our heads in the sand when the story is obvious.”

After months of pretending the race is tied (not to mention the Primaries), now they can't wait to call it over?

Gary Whitta said:

I think the Bush theme song for the whole Presidency is No One Ever is to Blame by Howard Jones.

Red Scarlet

Hitokage said:
Oh, and for you superstitious loons, Redskins lost.

Uh oh, RubxQub.

darkhour.gif
hammer.gif

Smokey

"There are those who said this day would never come...what are they to say now?"

ten internet cookies goes to whoever knows what that is from.

And it's GAMETIME BITCHES!

I'M PUMPED!

AMERICA DON'T LET ME DOWN!!

Smokey said:
"There are those who said this day would never come...what are they to say now?"

I'M PUMPED!

Halo 2

Knox

Slurpy said:
http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/results

Jesus. So either every other country on the planet is off base, or the US is. Yeah, I'm thinking the latter.

Even Israel is for Obama, contrary to all the fear-mongering.
Yeah, well, according to that Obama has a 60 point margin in America.

And I think they should play "Straight Out of Compton" or something, just to fuck with people.

Xdrive05

Smokey said:

I'M PUMPED!

Halo 2 or 3... can't remember which.

So I get 5 cookies?

EDIT: beaten like a McCain today.

border

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Jesus once issued instructions to his followers with regards to fasting. Like with praying, it's meant to be a secret thing, done in the privacy of your own home. He said to dress extra nice while doing it and hold your head up high. The point is to make sure that people who randomly see you don't know that you're fasting.
What did Jesus say about advertising your fasting on Internet message boards?

You gotta hand it to Obama though, he ran an excellent campaign, make a solid VP choice, smashed all fundraising records, etc. He'd be a better prez than McCain, but I'm not a fan of the Obama hype machine ("change" "hope", rainbows and ponies, yada yada).

Smokey

Gary you win 10 Obama cookies!

Xdrive you get 5!

Oh and I don't think I'ma watch this shit on TV on who wins what state...I'm going to be a pissed African-American individual if Mccain wins this.

Not A Fur said:
Meh, that has the U.S. at 80% for Obama, so I am gonna go ahead and suspect the methodology.

It's really pretty though. :3
It's a McCain landslide in Macedonia! How long before Fox picks this up? :lol

EmCeeGramr said:
There's a thread over there where they're talking about a YouTube video that slams Obama for "mocking the Bible."

Why? Because Obama said that the Department of Defense couldn't exist if it followed Jesus' teachings. First the video says "THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT WAS THE MOST SPIRITUAL THING JESUS EVER SAID" (even though Obama didn't call it wrong at all) and then says, "Jesus would have never said to turn the other cheek to terrorists and America's enemies who attack us."

uh yeah, when jesus said "turn the other cheek" i think he honestly meant it guys. i don't recall when he added, "except if it's dirty turrists or ay-rabs."
Wow.

Tamanon

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
Honestly I wish it was like a Chapelle skit and he come out rocking either Welcome to the Terrordome or Fear of a Black planet. He would approach the mic and say Gotcha white bitches and then drop the mic and pimp walk off stage.

Damn I miss Dave :(

Chocolate News just isn't the same, different style of humor. Although I've enjoyed his monologues.

sangreal

HylianTom said:
Obama won Dixville Notch.

Holy fucking shit.

Who was the last Democrat to win?

15-6!!!!!!!

LBJ :lol

The CNN guy went on for 5 minutes about how they were going to vote for McCain before the vote came in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom