• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Doesn't Oprah have the View watching demographic sewn up? Why are women betraying their master?!?!

AniHawk

Huzah said:
It's not okay, it's a bad ad that could easily backfire just like the PP ad.

The question asked was "OR IS HE A GUY WHO WILL DO ANYTHING TO BE ELECTED?!"

The last part was shown in text and underlined. The underlying message is that this guy lies to the public to get what he wants. What will stick in the back of your mind is "why did he make this piece of legislation look bad?"

The underlying message of the McCain ad was "HE WILL TEACH SEX TO CHILDREN BEFORE THEY CAN READ." What sticks in your mind is, "HE WILL TEACH SEX TO CHILDREN BEFORE THEY CAN READ."

bob_arctor said:
Hmm. Just saw some clips of the interview. I can honestly say that despite my obvious liberal leanings, that if Palin were the Democratic VP, I'd still think she's a bit of a dummy and is in over her head.

Having said that, my bias does prevent me from understanding how any objective person could think otherwise.
I'll be more cynical if this goodwill carries through all the way until the election, and she hasn't significantly improved her skills to debate the issues.

As it stands right now, I get it. People that aren't us are excited by her right now, and as such, the narrative permits a bubble to exist where it's unfair to go after her. I don't think that's going to carry her through all the way to November 4, but we shall see.

Huzah

polyh3dron said:
Who is correct here, John McCain or John McCain?

Also, your personal attack wasn't necessary there.

Sorry about that.

Obviously John McCain will always be right if he says what he says is what he says he says.

eznark

Banned
gkrykewy said:
So glad you said no homo, because otherwise I might have thought you were a homo

yeah, i was worried there for a second. Man.

As to those of you who ARE watching the View and didn't clarify.....

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Kifimbo said:
Rasmussen poll with a three point lead for McCain and this:

Sep12.png

Obama 268 McCain 270

JakesEye.gif

sp0rsk said:
Keep the nervousness to yourself, please. People are tense enough as it is.

There's still over a month and a half to go. It's like giving up when your team is down by a field goal at half-time.

I find it funny mass panic follows a small bump on the road. Take lessons from Clinton and McCain, people. You fall down, you just come back up and try harder.

The Obama campaign has a nasty habit of just coasting and playing it safe when in the lead, giving their opponents evey opportunity to catch up. This flaw seems to rub off on supporters as they've grown complacent during the summer.

I'd say it's better for McCain to catch up where he was supposed to catch up (post convention) rather than one week before America takes to the polls. There's time for the Obama campaign to get back into the game or for a major mistake from the McCain/Palin team.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It gets very tiring watching a lot of people here intone the stupidity of the American people. Obama is a young, Inexeperienced, BLACK candidate that has made it this far, staying neck and neck with the presidential candidate of the entrenched power structure that has had to pull out every underhanded trick they can think of just to eek out an occasional slight lead in the polls. That's MAJOR progress for this country. Oh, and did we forget the first female presidential candidate this country has seen, also giving everyone a good run for their money?

Not to say there aren't people out there acting irrationally in their choices but they are not dragging the country down as much as you guys portray. The idiocy I really fear is if Obama loses and a lot of you just shutdown, lose faith, and brand America a lost cause. THAT would be the absolute dumbest decision by anyone in this election.

Instigator said:
The Obama campaign has a nasty habit of just coasting and playing it safe when in the lead, giving their opponents evey opportunity to catch up. This flaw seems to rub off on supporters as they've grown complacent during the summer.

I'd say it's better for McCain to catch up where he was supposed to catch up (post convention) rather than one week before America takes to the polls. There's time for the Obama campaign to get back into the game or for a major mistake from the McCain/Palin team.
That's a good point. I'd like to see one of the cable news pundits (CT excluded) say something that insightful.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Cloudy said:
Wow, McCain is getting DESTROYED by Barbara and Joy on The View. He is a bumbling old guy trying to get his talking points out :lol

good, women watch that, but why are you watching that? :lol :lol *jokes*

AniHawk

Huzah said:
My wording wasn't to clear, I mean both ads have high potential to back fire.

Because McCain could say, "hey wait, I don't want children to be sexually offended" and blame Obama for a smear, and then it turns to Obama and he's all "then why did you come out against the bill?" and McCain's all, "well because I'll do anything to get elected."

And everyone's all oooooooooohhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Except this wasn't a message approved by Obama. This was Planned Parenthood. And the McCain ad was approved by McCain.

I don't understand why Sarah Palin has caused a shift like this in the polls. Shes so right wing loony that I can't see anyone identifying with her. Its really scary shit thinking about her being president on the account of McCain's health. Absolutely WORST then Bush in every single respect.

Clinton is expected to be in Ohio this weekend. Lets hope for the best on next week's polls.

AniHawk

domokunrox said:
I don't understand why Sarah Palin has caused a shift like this in the polls. Shes so right wing loony that I can't see anyone identifying with her. Its really scary shit thinking about her being president on the account of McCain's health. Absolutely WORST then Bush in every single respect.

Clinton is expected to be in Ohio this weekend. Lets hope for the best on next week's polls.
Which Clinton? I heard Bill's heading down to Florida.

I want Bill and Hillary in Florida, Ohio, and West Virginia.

domokunrox said:
people are stupid, media sucks, republicans lie

etc
etc
etc

fucking same shit every election

Gaborn

kaching said:
Not to say there aren't people out there acting irrationally in their choices but they are not dragging the country down as much as you guys portray. The idiocy I really fear is if Obama loses and a lot of you just shutdown, lose faith, and brand America a lost cause. THAT would be the absolute dumbest decision by anyone in this election.
Carl Schurz said:
The Senator from Wisconsin cannot frighten me by exclaiming, “My country, right or wrong.” In one sense I say so too. My country; and my country is the great American Republic. My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.

That's why you should keep fighting if you believe a different course is right.

Branduil

domokunrox said:

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/haidt08/haidt08_index.html

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
kaching said:
It gets very tiring watching a lot of people here intone the stupidity of the American people. Obama is a young, Inexeperienced, BLACK candidate that has made it this far, staying neck and neck with the presidential candidate of the entrenched power structure that has had to pull out every underhanded trick they can think of just to eek out an occasional slight lead in the polls. That's MAJOR progress for this country. Oh, and did we forget the first female presidential candidate this country has seen, also giving everyone a good run for their money?

Obama is the only one that has had to earn and prove anything this election. Clinton started off as the hands on favorite, it's because she couldn't run a campaign. When you start off up 20 points in a game and lose by 10, it says more about what you did to lose than it does for the others to win. That is why she is where she is now. McCain never talks about issues and the media never pushes them on it. Obama campaign has been run very well. The base does not like McCain, they like the empty "I can see Russia sitting on Bullwinkle" suit. The choices are clear and it is pretty evident who is better prepared to take the reigns of the country. Its just that we have a lot of stupid people thinking otherwise.

AniHawk

ryutaro's mama said:
"Move, move, move,move!!!"

- Gen. AniHawk

Biden oughtta be in PA, MI, and OH (for double kickassishness), and they need to get Richardson down to New Mexico for god's sake.

For Washington, I think Obama could go there himself.

gkrykewy said:
Why the sudden focus on West Virginia?

Latest poll has him down by five points. Not a huge evangelical base and there are a LOT of democrats. He's started opening offices down there recently, and I think some Trustworthy White Folk like the Clintons could help swing the state. It would also provide another battleground for the RNC to waste money on.

PhatSaqs

Banned
kaching said:
The idiocy I really fear is if Obama loses and a lot of you just shutdown, lose faith, and brand America a lost cause. THAT would be the absolute dumbest decision by anyone in this election.
After 8 years of Bush, it's hard to argue against losing hope that the majority of Americans are rational if McCain/Palin win this election.

-Kees-

AniHawk said:
Biden oughtta be in PA, MI, and OH (for double kickassishness), and they need to get Richardson down to New Mexico for god's sake.

For Washington, I think Obama could go there himself.

Uh, I think he's already there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom