• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1cious

Banned
pxleyes said:
O'Reilly just said that Palin's answer about going to war with Russia was her best part of the interview. Ya...if you want WW3. :lol :lol :lol :lol

is it wrong that i want her son to die in Iraq? i just want the reality driven home to her of what's actually happening abroad.

woxel1

The Lamonster said:
that wasn't a very long speech...think Obama's got diarrhea?
181.jpg

If it means getting to the point quicker, it can't hurt ;)

Dolphin

Banned
Loudninja said:
Hey don't say stuff like that,its really unnecessary.
Unnecessary, but delicious. Deliciously evil.

It would be terrible if her son died in Iraq, but if she was sent there and had to witness the carnage, and maybe get beat up a little...well it couldn't hurt her character.

Tamanon

Banned
v1cious said:
is it wrong that i want her son to die in Iraq? i just want the reality driven home to her of what's actually happening abroad.

Yes, that's a horrible thing to say. While she may use her son as a tool to justify her decisions, that doesn't mean anybody else should.

In what respect, Charlie?

charliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharliecharlie

v1cious

Banned
saelz8 said:
ok die may be too much, maybe badly wounded. i'm sorry but it's the reality check she's in bad need of. i don't think she would say half the shit she does if the horrors of war of came to her doorstep.

Gaborn

Dolphin said:
It would be terrible if her son died in Iraq, but if she was sent there and had to witness the carnage, and maybe get beat up a little...well it couldn't hurt her character.

You should've stopped at your first clause. The Iraq war is absolutely indefensible but wishing ill on anyone is just completely tasteless.

errr... the same goes for v1cious

kevm3 said:
That Obama attack ad sucks. Just watched it. If that's his idea of playing hard, he might as well not throw any punches. John McCain can't use a computer? Who cares. They should've tied that into a grander theme. How can a McCain that can't use computers lead a country that is rapidly being changed with technology?

The wolf ad is something serious and hard hitting and should be the kind of punches thrown. The McCain can't use a computer ad is weak. I might donate for the wolf ad.

If you haven't seen it, it's here! Must see!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU

Spread it around.

Jesus.

Mr Jared

Damn you, Olbermann! You beat me to the Charlie montage :lol I think I still got something though.

This is going to be a great two hour block of LIBBURURRAAALLL television, isn't it?

Dolphin

Banned
Gaborn said:
You should've stopped at your first clause. The Iraq war is absolutely indefensible but wishing ill on anyone is just completely tasteless.

errr... the same goes for v1cious
The beating up part was a joke. Don't be so sensitive.

Blader

v1cious said:

Oh, Christ.

That's it. I'm out of here. This thread just reached an unbearable level for me.

Gaborn

Dolphin said:
The beating up part was a joke. Don't be so sensitive.

I'm not trying to be overly sensitive, I'm just telling you that kind of joking in a political thread is unnecessary, there are many rational arguments and reasons to understand the Iraq war is immoral, wrong, unnecessary, wasteful, and has done far more harm than good. That kind of remark simply adds nothing to the discussion. You're free to continue with that kind of rhetoric, I'm just saying it's not particularly useful

saelz8

I think that was one of his best speeches in a while, since probably the DNC, though it was short. It was quality over quantity.

He raised his voice more than I think any speech since the DNC. He called out McCain as soon as he started, then offered solutions. He tied McCain to Bush, which hasn't really done lately. He didn't mention Palin, at all.

He closed it off with talk about hope and uniting America.

Lately his policy talk has been sort of flat, without as much Hope, Change mixed in. I think this was a good return to form. Lets hope he keeps it up.

v1cious said:
i'm sorry but it's the reality check she's in bad need of. i don't think she would say half the shit she does horrors of war of came to her doorstep.

You really think that if, God forbid (seriously God forbid), something happened to her son in Iraq that she and the Republican party wouldn't play that up to the Nth degree? I would fully expect his funeral to turned into a full fledged campaign rally complete with Gov. Palin delivering her speech while clinging to his tear-soaked coffin.

Loudninja

saelz8 said:
I think that was one of his best speeches in a while, since probably the DNC, though it was short. It was quality over quantity.

He raised his voice more than I think any speech since the DNC. He called out McCain as soon as he started, then offered solutions. He tied McCain to Bush, which hasn't really done lately. He didn't mention Palin, at all.

He closed it off with talk about hope and uniting America.

Lately his policy talk has been sort of flat, without as much Hope, Change mixed in. I think this was a good return to form. Lets hope he keeps it up.

Nice thanks for the summary :D

saelz8

v1cious said:
ok die may be too much, maybe badly wounded. i'm sorry but it's the reality check she's in bad need of. i don't think she would say half the shit she does if the horrors of war of came to her doorstep.
What you should be hoping for, if you want her to change her mind, is her coming to a realization on her own, without the need of injury in her family.

Her son isn't her, and him dying is no gaurantee of anything but a loss of life.

v1cious

Banned
Saint Gregory said:
You really think that if, God forbid (seriously God forbid), something happened to her son in Iraq that she and the Republican party wouldn't play that up to the Nth degree? I would fully expect his funeral to turned into a full fledged campaign rally complete with Gov. Palin delivering her speech while clinging to his tear-soaked coffin.

eh, sadly you're right.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
God, that splicing together of Palin's interview made her look even more insipid and unqualified than ever before.

LCGeek

formerly sane
v1cious said:

You know the government throughly checks in to comments like this made against potential candidates who would be in a high posistion of any branch of the governement. If the secret service or FBI comes out for a nice chat when they add you to the security list don't be surprised.

Viscious yes, wise no. Don't mess with protective paranoid authoritative states if you value your existence.

Gaborn

Saint Gregory said:

Why not, it happened with Wellstone, I'm sure the Republicans can be equally tasteless.

Dolphin

Banned
Gaborn said:
I'm not trying to be overly sensitive, I'm just telling you that kind of joking in a political thread is unnecessary, there are many rational arguments and reasons to understand the Iraq war is immoral, wrong, unnecessary, wasteful, and has done far more harm than good. That kind of remark simply adds nothing to the discussion. You're free to continue with that kind of rhetoric, I'm just saying it's not particularly useful
I wasn't trying to be useful, I was trying to be silly. Have you been posting in this thread for a while? It swings both ways.

Gaborn

Dolphin said:
I wasn't trying to be useful, I was trying to be silly. Have you been posting in this thread for a while? It swings both ways.

yeah, but everyone has certain lines they don't cross, and that's probably one of them for a lot of people.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
And now the thread has reached a new low. The most pathetic low imaginable. Let's ban this jackass, burn this page of the thread, and forget he ever said those absurd, soulless things.

Mahadev

Blader5489 said:
Oh, Christ.

That's it. I'm out of here. This thread just reached an unbearable level for me.

Please don't leave man. What will we do in this thread without your well-thought arguments? Without "You're full of yourself", "Oh christ", "OMG you liberals", "You need to get out more" and other great arguments how will this thread continue? TELL ME HOW.

It's over guys. You might as well close this thread.

minus_273

Banned
v1cious said:

jesus. is this now bad poliGAF has gotten? is genuinely wishing the death of the child of someone you disagree with really acceptable behaviour?

minus_273 said:
jesus. is this now bad poliGAF has gotten? is genuinely wishing the death of the child of someone you disagree with really acceptable behaviour?
One person says something and you equate it with everyone. Really?

Dolphin

Banned
Gaborn said:
yeah, but everyone has certain lines they don't cross, and that's probably one of them for a lot of people.
A lot of people that are too sensitive. I wasn't the person that recommended her son die, I just joked around about her getting "beat up a little." That's no worse than anything Carlin, Miller, or Maher would say on any given show.

stressboy

minus_273 said:

Judging by the responses I would say no, that is not acceptable behavior.

minus_273 said:
Okay, I'm not going to bother defending these comments, as they are indefensible.

However, isn't this a bit of an overreaction? You're using this as a condemnation of PoliGAF as a whole, when it was one person who said it. There would be more justification for this sort of criticism if the comment was met with people agreeing with that assessment.

Gaborn

Dolphin said:
A lot of people that are too sensitive. I wasn't the person that recommended her son die, I just joked around about her getting "beat up a little." That's no worse than anything Carlin, Miller, or Maher would say on any given show.

Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't see v1cious's comment first or I would've called him out on it primarily. As I said I just thought it was particularly tasteless and you're generally pretty decent and reasonable so it was a bit more surprising.

Tamanon

Banned
speculawyer said:
I'm guessing he meant hydro-electric . . . although I'm hoping he meant hydroponic. :D

Yeah, I'm not sure you can get much energy out of the hydroponic industry. Doesn't seem to foster much activity:p

minus_273

Banned
LCGeek said:
You know the government throughly checks in to comments like this made against potential candidates who would be in a high posistion of any branch of the governement. If the secret service or FBI comes out for a nice chat when they add you to the security list don't be surprised.

Viscious yes, wise no. Don't mess with protective paranoid authoritative states if you value your existence.

in a democracy you should protect the candidates. I disagree with obama but in no fucking way do i want him or his children to be injured in a terrorist attack. I also wouldnt tolerate threats against them. I doubt this comment will attract secret service attention but i think they have every right to investigate every possible threat. Did you learn nothing from RFK?

v1cious said:
Did you guys hear that? That was the sound of v1cious getting partyv&.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Gaborn said:
Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't see v1cious's comment first or I would've called him out on it primarily. As I said I just thought it was particularly tasteless and you're generally pretty decent and reasonable so it was a bit more surprising.

specu's covering his ass, but his post was ignorant as hell and highly offensive also.

Gaborn

VanMardigan said:
specu's covering his ass, but his post was ignorant as hell and highly offensive also.

yep, that's also very true. Personally I don't worry much about it, I just PM amir0x and let him worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom