• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
God, Lynn Westmoreland is such a fucking moron.

"I just look through my campaign literature and make sure that I'm trying to do what I said"

Hey Hootie, don't worry. There's just one word that you need to remember when feeling doubts about Obama's chances:

durango_colorado_5.jpg

Western_Colorado_Golf_Vacation_1.jpg

COLORADO!

Tamanon

Banned
How....how is he still in office, I remember the Ten Commandments bit, but the rest of the interview, he's a complete and utter moron. Not even on the basis of values, but on just human functionality.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Michelle Obama: 'You come home pregnant and I will knock the BLACK off your ASS' :lol :lol

adamsappel said:
I can't believe the video that TDS made. They really savaged McCain, who was their most-frequent guest. Stewart must be really disappointed in what he'd become. I thought it was hilarious, but... Wow.

Their work here is done.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AniHawk said:
Sorry, Bill is talking about how the Republicans would savage Obama if he had a 17 year old pregnant daughter and they trotted her "thug" baby daddy with a myspace comparable to Levi's out on stage.

Tamanon said:
How....how is he still in office, I remember the Ten Commandments bit, but the rest of the interview, he's a complete and utter moron. Not even on the basis of values, but on just human functionality.

He keeps them safe from the darkies.

Tamanon said:
BTW, John Oliver comedy special, lots of political stuff.:lol
You should check out his podcast, The Bugle, he does it with another UK partner of his but it's at least partly targeted to a US audience. It's fantastic and FREE.

Tamanon

Banned
mamacint said:
You should check out his podcast, The Bugle, he does it with another UK partner of his but it's at least partly targeted to a US audience. It's fantastic and FREE.

Oh yah, discovered it a couple months ago, absolutely hilarious. The newest episode is great especially, RNC coverage!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Cloud said:
Congratulations independents and undecided you fucking morons I guess you were inspired by the RNC speeches huh? I hope your idiocy prevents you from finding out where you're voting you gullible retards. And no whiny republicans I'm not generalizing, anyone who was inspired by the lies and insults of the RNC speeches to vote republicans is a certified moron and that is the truth.

I donated another 500$ to Obama and Nader. But even if Obama wins I'll still be bitter, I can't believe it's a close race between Obama and these lying scums. Only in america.
wat, it's like almost the same as it was prior to the conventions:lol What a way to be banned, bro

SpeedingUptoStop said:
wat, it's like almost the same as it was prior to the conventions:lol What a way to be banned, bro

:lol he said what all liberal GAF is secretly feeling (to some degree). Way to take one for the team!

SpeedingUptoStop said:

Like most of the overly sensitive followers here, he doesn't seem to realize that the conventions are often the most significant bumps of the race. When you put it in that perspective, his post-convention bump was nothing to get all upset about.

CharlieDigital said:
:lol he said what all liberal GAF is secretly feeling. Way to take one for the team!
should mccain win in november, at least 10 GAF members will get banned for shit they say/the meltdowns that occur in direct relation to the election results.

The Daily Show eviscerated John McCain tonight (and well deserved).

:lol

The Daily show is so far above the media in actual scrutiny it's unreal.

SpeedingUptoStop

kkaabboomm said:
should mccain win in november, at least 10 GAF members will get banned for shit they say/the meltdowns that occur in direct relation to the election results.
I'd say 15 minimum. The outrage will be subhuman

deadbeef

maximum360 said:

Makes you wonder what the hell they are going to do when Obama wins in November. What will their shtick be?

maximum360 said:

was thinking this last night. it's kinda depressing, actually.

Trurl

Banned
kkaabboomm said:
It's hard to say, if the mods are unaffected then the meltdown bans should probably be a lot higher than that. Of course the mods won't be unaffected and will probably be so distraught that admitting to voting for McCain will be a banable offense.:lol

SpeedingUptoStop

artredis1980 said:
interesting:

election2008_HP_3.gif

the overall gallup has closed up but the independents have moved towards Obama
jesus mccain dropped off in june and obama picked up in july, it looks like. What happened here?

Arde5643

Since the reps are going full force with their lies and slanders now, I think Obama and DNC can start with a new line of attack slogan to complement what they have now: "Bring honesty and decency back to Washington"

Media and TV ads:
* a TV ad from Obama camp will target McCain, something like:
1) Ad starts
2) Narrator: "John McCain, decorated American war hero, claims that he always supports the troop."
3) Show a short clip of McCain saying he's supporting the troop
4) Narrator: "However, when the time comes for him to show his real support for the troop, he voted with President Bush against a bill that will help Americans in duty to achieve higher with 4 year college education."
5) Show a clip of McCain saying that he voted against the bill because it will lower troop retention
6) Narrator: "Barack Obama has a plan to bring back honesty and decency back to Washington"
7) Show a clip of Obama talking about either the google vote project or the medical insurance on c-span proposal.
8) Narrator: "Let's bring back honesty and transparency back to Washington"

* a TV ad from the DNC will target Palin and other GOP surrogates.

* Beyond that, youtube and other blogosphere should be crawling with factcheck.org websites as well as snippets of what GOP surrogates/McCain/Palin claimed compared with the facts - audio, video, and text transcripts.

Campaign Trail:
* Obama will talk again about his proposal for transparency and fact-checking in Washington and give small hits to McCain.

* Biden, meanwhile, gets to be the attack dog, detailing all the lies and baseless claims McCain and Palin has done on the campaign trail.

The idea is simple, instead of defending against the lies and baseless attacks from GOP, attack their lies. Make it stick with the masses that GOP are all liars and slanderers.
Don't make the same mistake Kerry did - just defending against lies and slanders.
Instead, attack the lies - show all the facts and records of all their baseless claims.

Fatalah

I still don't get how Palin is suddenly "bigger than Obama". I heard a right-wing radio host say tonight, "Well now we have our OWN celebrity".

Man I hate these people.

If Obama's popular, it's something that he's built over many months. The media should be doing their jobs and report on Palin's horrendous political skeletons.

Although, I suppose talking too much about Palin and not talking about McCain won't help the Dems at all. Keep your eye on the ball Obama! EYE ON THE BALL!

Tamanon

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
jesus mccain dropped off in june and obama picked up in july, it looks like. What happened here?

McCain turned to super negative, also some Clinton folks stopped being anti-Bama.

deadbeef

worldrunover said:
I will take an unfunny Daily Show in exchange for a non corrupt executive branch.

I'd personally prefer a non-pussified legislative branch that keeps the executive branch in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom