• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Banned
schuelma said:
Ok but that is still too long- June? Both candidates are going to be completely battered and bruised by then.
I think the narrative by and large after the May 6th primaries will be "Obama is basically the nominee but Clinton is a shrill harpy that refuses to die. Here's sports."

tanod

when is my burrito
Does anybody remember what Andrea Mitchell had reported last night about Obama having to wait 7 months for approval to go to a country so that a Republican senator/congressman could go with him? It was on Keith Olbermann's show last night.

Any more details on that today?

harSon

Banned
Triumph said:
Where are you seeing that?

I may have misheard, my television is on a low volume directly behind me. I could of swore I heard that Hillary's passport file was breached in 2007? I'm probably wrong.

Cheebs said:
wtf? Obama went down 2 points on Rassmussen

It's probably in major part due to his comments from the radio station that were taken out of context. Oddly enough, a Fox employee would call other fox commentators on their incessant bashing of Obama (and taking things out of context). We'll see how that plays out in the long run.

Shiggie

typhonsentra said:
I can't believe how the media so willfully took that out of context. The only thing I can think of is that they never saw the full clips themselves.
yes they did. The sermons were sold to ABC in full and unedited. thats how they were obtained in the first place. you are completely right to blame the media for the spin.

Triumph

Banned
Tamanon said:
LOL, McCain's passport has been breached also. WTF was going on in the State Department?
double yoo tee eff, mate. We live in interesting times.

Pee Dee said:
Or maybe Obama isn't special
Or maybe you should shut yer cock washer, Mr. "I get drunk on three cups of wine".

harSon

Banned
:lol @ Hillary's response

"I respect Bill Richardson's decision but it's up to the people and not the super delegates to decide the election"

Tamanon

Banned
harSon said:

"I respect Bill Richardson's decision but it's up to the people and not the super delegates to decide the election"

:lol :lol :lol :lol

How the hell is she going to win then?

Again as I did last night, I apologize to Rev. Wright, I bought the kool aid the media was selling and I said some nasty things about the situation. I have since seen the sermon in its entirety.

Never does he mention anything racist against any group, a complete falsehood, I don't know how he was labelled a racist, because his sermon was about he government throughout history and the condemnation it will suffer from God for not treating its people fairly.

His detractors really need to go to his you tube website and digest the full sermon. I'm hoping the MSM do right by this man, because they really tarnished him and for what?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
gkrykewy said:
What the shit are you talking about? That was a line from Richardson's endorsement of Obama, and to me it indicates that he wasn't terribly close to endorsing Hillary. That's all I was saying.

Again, what the shit?

By all accounts, Richardson was extremely close to the Clintons, so I was pointing out that there is probably some underlying reason(s) why folks like him are crossing over and endorsing Obama. In other words, he ain't doing it because he feels Obama is a "once in a lifetime leader" or whatever. That's what I was pointing out. But go on cursing like an ass if it makes you feel like you're getting your point across.

Triumph

Banned
harSon said:

Kewl, she's about to withdraw then? Glad to see she's capable of doing the right thing!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
syllogism said:
Perhaps we'll see at least some pundits put the sermons in the proper context

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/21/the-full-story-behind-rev-jeremiah-wrights-911-sermon/

To me this is one of the important parts of Wright's 9/11 speech.

“Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred. And terrorism begets terrorism. A white ambassador said that y’all, not a black militant. Not a reverend who preaches about racism. An ambassador whose eyes are wide open and who is trying to get us to wake up and move away from this dangerous precipice upon which we are now poised. The ambassador said the people we have wounded don’t have the military capability we have. But they do have individuals who are willing to die and take thousands with them. And we need to come to grips with that.”

I personally think everyone on GAF will agree with this.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Another part of Rev. Wright's 9/11 speech.

“We have got to change the way we have been doing things as a society

Maybe we need to declare war on AIDS. In five minutes the Congress found $40 billion to rebuild New York and the families that died in sudden death, do you think we can find the money to make medicine available for people who are dying a slow death? Maybe we need to declare war on the nation’s healthcare system that leaves the nation’s poor with no health coverage? Maybe we need to declare war on the mishandled educational system and provide quality education for everybody, every citizen, based on their ability to learn, not their ability to pay. This is a time for social transformation.”

Again another part of the sermon not played on TV everyday. I'm starting to believe that our country would be better off if they played the whole sermon on TV 10 times a day on every network for a week.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
its nice to know that hillary found her passport breach important enough to denounce it in 2007 and did not save it for a future political news cycle....

Oh wait!, damn that woman is good.

syllogism

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/03/hillarys_balkan_adventures_par.html

PH2008032002697.jpg

Greeting ceremony, Tuzla military airport, Bosnia, March 25, 1996.

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."--Hillary Clinton, speech at George Washington University, March 17, 2008.

harSon

Banned
We should make a video compiling all of the contradictory Hillary and Mccain have made and put them on youtube. Obama has made some as well but Hillary and Mccain take the cake :p

Triumph

Banned
syllogism said:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/03/hillarys_balkan_adventures_par.html

PH2008032002697.jpg

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."--Hillary Clinton, speech at George Washington University, March 17, 2008.
She sure does look like she's motoring to safety there!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
syllogism said:

PH2008032002697.jpg

Isn't that Chelsea next to her? Are you sure this is the same trip?

Chelsea, Sinbad, Sheryl Crow, young girl = danger danger?

mckmas8808 said:
Another part of Rev. Wright's 9/11 speech.

Again another part of the sermon not played on TV everyday. I'm starting to believe that our country would be better off if they played the whole sermon on TV 10 times a day on every network for a week.

You know that will never happen.

CNN is streaming the event at which Bill Richardson will make his endorsement of Obama. Watching it now. I have class in half an hour, but hopefully I get to see it. I'm excited about this one! I like Richardson I think he's an upstanding guy.

Also read a poll on CNN since you guys like polls so much...53% of people polled don't believe Hillary Clinton is trustworthy.

mrmyth

Now that more of Wright's speech is coming out and most of it seems entirely....reasonable, what exactly is Barack disagreeing with? Is there more actually, ya know, crazy shit the media doesn't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom