• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
syllogism said:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/03/hillarys_balkan_adventures_par.html

PH2008032002697.jpg

Greeting ceremony, Tuzla military airport, Bosnia, March 25, 1996.

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."--Hillary Clinton, speech at George Washington University, March 17, 2008.

That pic is comedy gold. I hope it gets plastered all over late night tv. :lol

Hillary using an 8 year old girl to shield her from sniper fire. :(

Triumph

Banned
mrmyth said:
Now that more of Wright's speech is coming out and most of it seems entirely....reasonable, what exactly is Barack disagreeing with? Is there more actually, ya know, crazy shit the media doesn't have?
Oh come on, you know he pretty much HAD to. Ask people to spend 16 minutes of their life to get the full context of something? No thank you!

Tamanon

Banned
mrmyth said:
Now that more of Wright's speech is coming out and most of it seems entirely....reasonable, what exactly is Barack disagreeing with? Is there more actually, ya know, crazy shit the media doesn't have?

Er....Barack always said that he only disagrees with the "controversial" statements about USKKKA and the government creating AIDs. In fact, he's the one to point out that Wright mainly preached about self-help and helping others.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
gluv65 said:
Again as I did last night, I apologize to Rev. Wright, I bought the kool aid the media was selling and I said some nasty things about the situation. I have since seen the sermon in its entirety.

Never does he mention anything racist against any group, a complete falsehood, I don't know how he was labelled a racist, because his sermon was about he government throughout history and the condemnation it will suffer from God for not treating its people fairly.

His detractors really need to go to his you tube website and digest the full sermon. I'm hoping the MSM do right by this man, because they really tarnished him and for what?

I'm glad that you are an adult enough to apologize. If I may ask what's your race?

tanod

when is my burrito

harSon

Banned
Tamanon said:
Er....Barack always said that he only disagrees with the "controversial" statements about USKKKA and the government creating AIDs. In fact, he's the one to point out that Wright mainly preached about self-help and helping others.

I see why he hasn't completely denounced the man. It would suck to lose a close friend of 20 years because of the media'd incompetence.

mckmas8808

syllogism said:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/03/hillarys_balkan_adventures_par.html

PH2008032002697.jpg

Greeting ceremony, Tuzla military airport, Bosnia, March 25, 1996.

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."--Hillary Clinton, speech at George Washington University, March 17, 2008.

Hilary is really a horrible person for lying like this. Why doesn't the MSM point this $hit out? Because of some bias? They don't know yet? Not smart?

v1cious

Banned
RubxQub said:
Isn't that Chelsea next to her? Are you sure this is the same trip?

Chelsea, Sinbad, Sheryl Crow, young girl = danger danger?

yeah i love how she keeps leaving out exactly what she did over there.

mckmas8808

mrmyth said:

The language probably.

GhaleonEB

maximum360 said:
That pic is comedy gold. I hope it gets plastered all over late night tv. :lol

Hillary using an 8 year old girl to shield her from sniper fire. :(
The article about it is quite interesting.

Clinton made no mention of "sniper fire" in her autobiography "Living History," published in 2003, although she did say there were "reports of snipers" in the hills around the airport.

The Pinocchio Test
Clinton's tale of landing at Tuzla airport "under sniper fire" and then running for cover is simply not credible. Photographs and video of the arrival ceremony, combined with contemporaneous news reports, tell a very different story.
It sounds like over time she's taken to exaggerating the snipers to the point of it becoming an outright lie.

Lefty42o

Banned
harSon said:
I see why he hasn't completely denounced the man. It would suck to lose a close friend of 20 years because of the media'd incompetence.

yes sir.

"The road will be long, but no matter what obstacle stands in the way, nothing can stand in the way of millions of voices calling for change."

Sule

mrmyth said:

SPIN IT HARDAR! ALMOST THERE!

Wow. Have to agree with those who saw the full Wright sermons on YouTube, in particular the 9/11 sermon. The way the MSM has spliced the videos to make him out to be this anti-American, black supremacist is horrible. Hopefully Olbermann or Maher will jump on this and urge people to view the whole sermon.

Lefty42o

Banned
don't know if posted. What fucking liar.

http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/

The Los Angeles Times reports, after scouring Federal Elections Commission (FEC) reports that Clinton’s, uh, creative math, included “$10 million from her Senate campaign account and a $5-million personal loan.”

The Associated Press digs deeper into the numbers (the February filing reports came in yesterday) and notes that most of the $19 million that Clinton did raise in February was either offset by unpaid bills or was “general election” money (what big donors, lobbyists and PACs that have already given the maximum $2,300 to the primary campaign then give to a fund that can only be used if the candidate becomes the nominee):

{snip}

The fact that so much of Clinton’s money is in that “general election” category that can’t be spent also betrays the candidate’s claim, above, that her fundraising was boosted significantly by donors of “five, ten, fifteen dollars.” Small donors never give (and are never asked) for the general election campaign: that category is for the fat cats (who can now give to Clinton with increasing assurance that their money will have to be refunded, by law, when she doesn’t win the nomination).

So, what’s really been going on is a big game of mirrors-and-smoke in which unquestioning journalists have played along or been used.

Triumph

Banned
Lefty42o said:

The Los Angeles Times reports, after scouring Federal Elections Commission (FEC) reports that Clinton’s, uh, creative math, included “$10 million from her Senate campaign account and a $5-million personal loan.”

The Associated Press digs deeper into the numbers (the February filing reports came in yesterday) and notes that most of the $19 million that Clinton did raise in February was either offset by unpaid bills or was “general election” money (what big donors, lobbyists and PACs that have already given the maximum $2,300 to the primary campaign then give to a fund that can only be used if the candidate becomes the nominee):

{snip}

The fact that so much of Clinton’s money is in that “general election” category that can’t be spent also betrays the candidate’s claim, above, that her fundraising was boosted significantly by donors of “five, ten, fifteen dollars.” Small donors never give (and are never asked) for the general election campaign: that category is for the fat cats (who can now give to Clinton with increasing assurance that their money will have to be refunded, by law, when she doesn’t win the nomination).

So, what’s really been going on is a big game of mirrors-and-smoke in which unquestioning journalists have played along or been used.
SHE'S BROKE!!!!111!11!!1

mckmas8808

Lv99 Slacker said:
Wow. Have to agree with those who saw the full Wright sermons on YouTube, in particular the 9/11 sermon. The way the MSM has spliced the videos to make him out to be this anti-American, black supremacist is horrible. Hopefully Olbermann or Maher will jump on this and urge people to view the whole sermon.

It's got to be Olbermann or AC 360 (CNN). Bill doesn't have the time to show it. But I do hope Bill Maher talks about it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Richardson is tearing shit up at this rally.

Fuck man...I'd take this guy as VP.

RubxQub

so_awes said:
where can i watch this?
Check a few posts up. Link to CNN

mckmas8808

Lefty42o said:

{snip}

Okay I'll say it again. Hilary is a horrible person for lying to the people about this. Why doesn't she want to be trustworthy?

RubxQub

mckmas8808 said:
Okay I'll say it again. Hilary is a horrible person for lying to the people about this. Why doesn't she want to be trustworthy?
Because she assumes 99% of voters won't ever know this stuff, and she's probably right.

Lefty42o

Banned
v1cious said:
she raised 4 million after mini-tuesday

if thats what you believe. but after her so called 35 million February i don't be;sieve her. we found out to day she raised half that amount in feb. she lied than and she lies now.,

RubxQub

so_awes said:
STREAM ENDED

:(
I'm still watching it.

KATRINA! KATRINA!

mckmas8808

RubxQub said:
Because she assumes 99% of voters won't ever know this stuff, and she's probably right.

But it's the information-age. What happens if one of these lying stories catches on in the MSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom