• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
He's slowing transitioning to a Headline News look I guess.

And lol at Brad Blankman saying this whole DoJ bit isn't bad at all.

:lol :lol at Abrams calling out Duke Football.

Tamanon

Banned
esbern said:
cnn is saying that obama is asking top donors to help pay off 10 million of clinton's debt

That's good, only asking for the part she doesn't owe herself.:lol

Also Obama is going to be doing the first fundraiser for the DNC in Hollywood, that should help their coffers. Tickets are $30k, only 2300 to Obama, the rest to the DNC.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
esbern said:
cnn is saying that obama is asking top donors to help pay off 10 million of clinton's debt
SD would have a choice joke to insert here if he didn't get himself banned again.

PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA in Las Vegas today and Dems Abroad in India show their support for Obama

r2658178690.jpg

U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama arrives for a campaign visit to the Springs Preserve in Las Vegas, Nevada June 24, 2008. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

r1210671430.jpg

US Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama (R) talks to supporters during a campaign visit to the Las Vegas Springs Preserve in Las Vegas, Nevada, June 24, 2008. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

r3899183629.jpg

US Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama speaks in front of a solar photovoltaic panel during a campaign visit to the Las Vegas Springs Preserve in Las Vegas, Nevada, June 24, 2008. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

capt.0ad490d4543843abbd2e3a808e4209d5.obama_2008_nvab103.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., second from left, looks at solar panels during a tour of the Springs Preserve, a cultural and historic attraction, in Las Vegas, Tuesday, June 24, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.89a6cdb2fdc54988a7ca6f6630f30044.obama_2008_nvab118.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., signs an autograph on the tarmac before he boards his campaign charter plane in Las Vegas, Tuesday, June 24, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

r1831409464.jpg

Hindu priests offer prayers for U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama beside a statue of Lord Hanuman, a Hindu monkey god, inside a Hanuman temple in New Delhi June 24, 2008. The prayer meeting was held in support of Obama's presidential bid in the U.S. elections later this year. Priest Brij Mohan Bhama will send the statue to Obama next week, devotees of the temple said on Tuesday.
REUTERS/Vijay Mathur (INDIA)

capt.25046265c0044e3a911cbfda7bfa170b.india_prayers_for_obama_xgo102.jpg

Democrats Abroad India Chairperson Carolyn Sauvage - Mar, third left in bottom row, wearing traditional Indian turban, smiles as devotees of Hindu God Hanuman raise slogans in favor of U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama at an event in New Delhi, India, Tuesday, June 24, 2008. A dozen priests chanted around a sacred fire on Tuesday as a group of Indians offered prayers to Hanuman to grant victory to Obama. (AP Photo/Gurinder Osan)

capt.ed1102e65ed84c43904a08c4b8a8b534.india_prayers_for_obama_xgo104.jpg

Democrats Abroad India Chairperson Carolyn Sauvage - Mar, center, wearing traditional Indian turban, shows the victory sign as she is surrounded by devotees of Hindu God Hanuman in New Delhi, India, Tuesday, June 24, 2008. A dozen priests chanted around a sacred fire on Tuesday as a group of Indians offered prayers to Hanuman to grant victory to Democratic U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama.
(AP Photo/Gurinder Osan)

Holy cow at the images from India.

Also, the Daily Show/Colbert Report are blocked here. : (

Edit: By doing a valid criticism of Obama, TDS proves its worth once again.

Xeke

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:

Also, the Daily Show/Colbert Report are blocked here. : (

Edit: By doing a valid criticism of Obama, TDS proves its worth once again.

Blocked? What?

Does anyone know of an alternate place where I can watch current and past episodes? Before anyone goes "argh pirate argh" know that I purchased the shows from iTunes for quite a while, until I ran outta funds. I can't do that anymore. : (

And the gov'ment is blockin' things here. Anyone lend a hand to a fellow?

Xeke

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Does anyone know of an alternate place where I can watch current and past episodes? Before anyone goes "argh pirate argh" know that I purchased the shows from iTunes for quite a while, until I ran outta funds. I can't do that anymore. : (

Can you go to CC.com? Where do you live...?

Tamanon

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:

http://www.hulu.com/

Booya, Daily Show and Colbert Report were added to Hulu.

Xeke said:
Can you go to CC.com? Where do you live...?

I can, but the Daily Show and the Colbert Report sites are borked. They load, but they load completely messed up and the videos never play. I live in China for the moment.

Booya, Daily Show and Colbert Report were added to Hulu.

GODS YES

Edit:

We're sorry, our videos can only be streamed within the US

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DrForester said:
Just saw last nights daily show. I know GAF loves Obama but man John went for it.

Untitled-3.jpg

:lol :lol

The campaign finance stuff fell a little flat but mocking that over-sized seal was gold. "It roughly translates to 'yes we can'. In latin how do you say: 'but shouldn't....":lol

Some good stuff today with the Big John/Big Jew bit.:D

Tamanon

Banned
Wow, that actually worked out to be a good interview.:lol Will Smith was totally flummoxed when asked if Hancock was a metaphor for America.

numble

Deus Ex Machina said:
PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA in Las Vegas today and Dems Abroad in India show their support for Obama

capt.89a6cdb2fdc54988a7ca6f6630f30044.obama_2008_nvab118.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., signs an autograph on the tarmac before he boards his campaign charter plane in Las Vegas, Tuesday, June 24, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

I am in that picture above. The blue shirted guy in the background trying to take a photo.

Here is a clearer shot of me =P:
IMG_0148small.JPG

dabig2

numble said:
I am in this picture. The blue shirted guy in the background trying to take a photo.

IMG_0148small.JPG

Heheh, the outfit on that woman reminds me of Jose Lima's ex-wife. Though the boobs don't quite match up :(

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
FlightOfHeaven said:

rimshot.gif

numble said:
I am in this picture. The blue shirted guy in the background trying to take a photo.
Post your view point as evidence. Obama did it when he took a picture of the person taking his picture ;)

numble

ralexand said:
Excuse me but who is that girl next to you?
A fellow "Organizing Fellow." In this photo, it looks like she is distracting Obama from paying attention to the guy he's shaking hands with:

IMG_0151.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/25/nader-obama-trying-to-tal_n_109085.html

Nader says he's on to Obama strategy:

"He wants to show that he is not a threatening . . . another politically threatening African-American politician. He wants to appeal to white guilt. You appeal to white guilt not by coming on as black is beautiful, black is powerful. Basically he's coming on as someone who is not going to threaten the white power structure, whether it's corporate or whether it's simply oligarchic. And they love it. Whites just eat it up."

Diablos

New AP/Yahoo poll says McCain leads Obama in dealing with Iraq, wtf
And even people who hate the war still trust McCain more.

Just heard this on the radio.

syllogism

Diablos said:
New AP/Yahoo poll says McCain leads Obama in dealing with Iraq, wtf
And even people who hate the war still trust McCain more.

Just heard this on the radio.
Hardly surprising considering his background and Obama's "lack of experience" stigma.

gkryhewy

Justin Bailey said:
This is why a terrorist attack would help McCain. If the issue this November becomes national security McCain will win.

But we know that the terrrrists all want obama to win, so obviously they'll hold off until after the election. Today's modern terrrrist is a politically adept, shrewd fellow.

Like obama!

I liked Chucks on Morning Joe. "All Obama needs is a C+ performance, it's unfair to McCain, but all America's really looking for is a C+ from him, and he could run away with this."

120tpxj.jpg

(My New Smiley)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
maximum360 said:

Nader is a fucking asshole for saying this. Its more racist and insulting to me than both Imus' gafs combined!

So basically because Obama is black is has to be naturally the type of guy that does the black power thing with his fist in the air.

Basically he should be like Al Sharpton. And naturally if he doesn't do that then his whole personality must be fake.

And on top of that white people are only voting for him because they are guilty of slavery.

Bullshit Nader and its time you take your old never winning ass back home and hang up the boxing gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom