• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maynerd

Banned
knitoe said:
If you are going to mention where Obama is in title than why not also say where is McCain? Ooh I am sorry, McCain doesn't do anything.

It's big news that Obama is in Iraq it's not that big of news that McCain is touring US museums. Don't be ridiculous.

How about this (Obama in Iraq while McCain shits his pants and flipflops)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hitokage said:
Ok, fair enough, find a way to make a McCain mention using 11 characters, and I'll put it in.

"McCain Is Old" wouldn't even fit!

knitoe

StoOgE said:
So when do we leave?

In 2005 we couldnt leave because we were losing.

In 2008 we cant leave because we are winning.

So, 100 years and call it a day?

When US and Iraqi government agrees the situation is right. American people and Iraqis don't want us there so can't be much longer. Thinking, less than 5 years at most.

Tamanon

Banned
:lol there you go, equality.

And dammit, in my initial posting of the Novak piece I missed a golden opportunity to say "More evidence that Karl Rove is advising McCain campaign"

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
knitoe said:
When US and Iraqi government agrees the situation is right. American people and Iraqis don't want us there so can't be much longer. Thinking, less than 5 years at most.

Well good news, Obama and the Iraqi's agree to 16 months. Problem solved.

reilo

StoOgE said:
Well good news, Obama and the Iraqi's agree to 16 months. Problem solved.

Oh man, at least provide the man some ice with that burn.

reilo

mrmyth said:
Mancrush inbound. And all this fairness crap all of a sudden....when have there been any Repub threads on PoliGAF?

ToxicAdam is banned for the time being.

esbern said:
DRUDGE:

NATIONAL ENQUIRER CATCHES JOHN EDWARDS AT BEVERLY HILTON... DEVELOPING...

Whaaaaaaat? Catches him doing what?

Tamanon

Banned
That's literally all the headline says so far.:lol Although it's above an Obama VP story. Wonder what the hell it's about.

Maybe he gave them a quote or something?

Amir0x

Banned
reilo said:
Whaaaaaaat? Catches him doing what?

Vice Presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards was caught visiting his mistress and secret love child at 2:40 this morning in a Los Angeles hotel by the NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

The married ex-senator from North Carolina - whose wife Elizabeth continues to battle cancer -- met with his mistress, blonde divorcee Rielle Hunter, at the Beverly Hilton on Monday night July 21 - and the NATIONAL ENQUIRER was there! He didn't leave until early the next morning.

Literally.

reilo

Amir0x said:

:lol

So he checked into a hotel and left in the morning? And the only proof of him being with anyone in the room is from the Enquirer?

Yeah, filing this under bullshit.

Amir0x

Banned
reilo said:
:lol

So he checked into a hotel and left in the morning? And the only proof of him being with anyone in the room is from the Enquirer?

Yeah, filing this under bullshit.

That's my feelings on it too.

Which is why I'm putting it in the topic in these days of boring non-news.

reilo

Amir0x said:
That's my feelings on it too.

Which is why I'm putting it in the topic in these days of boring non-news.

"Once inside, he interestingly bypassed the lobby and ducked down a side stairs to go to the bottom floor to catch the elevator up - rather than taking the elevator in the main lobby. He went out of his way not to be seen."
Meanwhile, Reille had reserved rooms 246 and 252 under the name of the friend who had accompanied her from Santa Barbara, Bob McGovern. Reille was in one room and McGovern was in another with her baby. This allowed her and Edwards to spend time alone, a source revealed.

Edwards went out of the hotel briefly with Reille, was observed by the NATIONAL ENQUIRER and then went back to her room, where he stayed until attempting to sneak out of the hotel unseen at 2:40 a.m. (PST). But when he emerged alone from an elevator into the hotel basement he was greeted by several reporters from the NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

For real? So, all of those reporters and photographers, and nobody took a picture of Reille at the hotel?

I believe a politician is capable of fucking a woman who is not his wife. Infact, I find it harder to believe that ANY politician is capable of monogamy.

So, I don't disbelieve this as of yet.

librasox

Banned
If there's any truth to this story (if you can call it that yet), then it only confirms my suspicion that Edwards is a sleazy, greasy snake (just look at that frozen smirk of his, ugh). His wife has CANCER for chrissakes!

Why are politicians such morons when it comes to keeping their sexual double lives under wraps?

Tamanon

Banned
librasox said:
If there's any truth to this story (if you can call it that yet), then it only confirms my suspicion that Edwards is a sleazy, greasy snake (just look at that frozen smirk of his, ugh). His wife has CANCER for chrissakes!

Why are politicians such morons when it comes to keeping their sexual double lives under wraps?

I dunno, if it's true, I'd say he's done pretty well to keep it under wraps this long.:lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
librasox said:
Yeah, seriously, pulling a McCain on Elizabeth, that's pretty damn low. :/

Tamanon

Banned
WTF at that question in the McCain town hall "Have you forgiven Mitt Romney?"

WTF did Romney do to McCain?:lol

And Chris Matthews has a weird belief. Put a cute woman on the Veep slot for the Republicans to woo Hillary voters....?

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I know its a bit late, but first thing I thought of when I saw that Obama/McCain punchout photo:

0001ds1p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom