• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent Icebeezy said:
People thought Reagan was kooky and after the debates, this was debunked. It is the same thing that is going to happen this cycle. Obama is 6'2" and McCain is 5'7" So, with the height and stature, Obama is going to look presidential. Then, when they both have to talk, Obama is going to blow McCain out of the water. Look at every showing of McCain, he is holding an index card of notes. He won't have that, or anybody else talking into his ear. He will be alone for the whole world to see. There is going to be a public massacre during that first debate.
Agreed. The debates should "seal the deal" for Obama. I'm counting on the American people to use their brains this time...

:(

The Lamonster said:
Agreed. The debates should "seal the deal" for Obama. I'm counting on the American people to use their brains this time...

:(

i wouldnt bet on it

Hillbillies2.jpg

scorcho said:

I don't even know what to say. I thought he had close up shop for good! This is great; thanks for the link. Couldn't have come at a better time, too. Bout to check in for two weeks of hell (Hospital) starting tomorrow.

Ahh, from reading the About Us this website consists of the community members of Whiskey Bar, right? Still great stuff...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Obama survived Hillary and Edwards tag-teaming him during the debates, McCain will be no challenge. I hope.

TDG

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
People thought Reagan was kooky and after the debates, this was debunked. It is the same thing that is going to happen this cycle. Obama is 6'2" and McCain is 5'7" So, with the height and stature, Obama is going to look presidential. Then, when they both have to talk, Obama is going to blow McCain out of the water. Look at every showing of McCain, he is holding an index card of notes. He won't have that, or anybody else talking into his ear. He will be alone for the whole world to see. There is going to be a public massacre during that first debate.
But what if Obama ends up looking too presidential? :eek:

Cheebs

You guys know the height thing wont matter right? None of the 3 debates are podium debates.

The first and third are a sit down at table and the middle one is a town hall debate where they both walk around the whole time.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, that's probably for the best, the last thing you want is to get in a forceful debate and look like you're towering. Especially since the other camp is trying to play up the whole elitist, uppity angle.

I think it's hilarious that conventional wisdom has always been that taller presidents have an advantage in front of a camera.

However, now that an uppity negro is running for president, being tall makes you look too...well...uppity.

Pardon me guys, but I remember a while back someone mentioning that Obama is considering someone controversial on his VP list.

I don't exactly remember the name, but I remember someone highlighting that this person voted for the bankruptcy laws that got pushed out there by the republicans.

Anyone remember who? As well as maybe a link to their political history?

I appreciate kindly.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
NLB2 said:
What are you talking about?

Nothing prevents two people from having a debate in America.

Presidential debat, must involve the 2 people chosen to be president by their party, Obama and Cain technically are'nt "chosen" yet.

NLB2

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Presidential debat, must involve the 2 people chosen to be president by their party, Obama and Cain technically are'nt "chosen" yet.
Once again, what are you talking about?

There's nothing in the constitution that requires or regulates political parties or presidential debates.

You and I could have a debate, label it as a presidential debate and air it on tv if we wanted to.

maynerd

Banned
NLB2 said:

There's nothing in the constitution that requires or regulates political parties or presidential debates.

You and I could have a debate, label it as a presidential debate and air it on tv if we wanted to.

That would be pretty presumptive now wouldn't it?

Xisiqomelir

NLB2 said:

Okay, but you wouldn't be presidential candidates, and at this point, neither would Obama and McCain.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That's an Obama affiliated site? Love it. Go for the jugular on the bullshit. If bullshit had a jugular.

Tamanon

Banned
Ouch at that NYT editorial.

The phrase dealing the race card “from the bottom of the deck” entered the national lexicon during the O.J. Simpson saga. Robert Shapiro, one of Mr. Simpson’s lawyers, famously declared of himself, Johnny Cochran and the rest of the Simpson defense team, “Not only did we play the race card, we dealt it from the bottom of the deck.”

Didn't remember that, but wonder if that's what they were aiming for. I wonnder if we're going to end up with a "hands" ad by the end of this.:lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

Tamanon

Banned
Rachel actually attacked the "presumptuous" meme. Pointed out that McCain isn't called presumptuous for advertising himself as President McCain or giving a Weekly Radio address. And then tied that into why people see racial tones there.

Macam

Banned
Tamanon said:
Rachel actually attacked the "presumptuous" meme. Pointed out that McCain isn't called presumptuous for advertising himself as President McCain or giving a Weekly Radio address.

All this from the candidate who claims we have won in Iraq and, according to CNN's Late Edition on Sunday, knows how to find Bin Laden, a secret he doesn't care to share with the current administration. That's presumptuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom