• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos: Clinton voices her support for Obama at AFSCME

capt.661bba332852443084b9be2302381cec.obama_2008_clinton_caps104.jpg

Thu Jul 31, 3:49 PM ET
Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., voices her support for Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., at the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) convention in San Francisco, Thursday, July 31, 2008.(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)

capt.1033bf2c95694dcfbb3579772fd27a72.obama_2008_clinton_caps103.jpg

Thu Jul 31, 3:51 PM ET
Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., holds up a shirt in support of Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., at the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) convention in San Francisco, Thursday, July 31, 2008.(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)

capt.c45eedb50f1a4ee3a240b601b5d1f4a2.obama_2008_clinton_caps102.jpg

Thu Jul 31, 3:53 PM ET
Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks and waves from a monitor during a satellite feed direct to the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) convention in San Francisco, Thursday, July 31, 2008.(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)

capt.96c1e3a96ebf4c05b97367d603d5e756.obama_2008_clinton_caps101.jpg

Thu Jul 31, 3:53 PM ET
Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., waves from a monitor during a satellite feed to the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) convention in San Francisco, Thursday, July 31, 2008.(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)

capt.0853f395131f48f781dfc4ca35c1e029.obama_2008_clinton_caps105.jpg

Thu Jul 31, 3:55 PM ET
Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., shake hands with supporters after she talked about support for Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., at the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) convention in San Francisco, Thursday, July 31, 2008.(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)

capt.0f2077aad79c4a13b362309ffe74afad.obama_2008_clinton_caps106.jpg

Thu Jul 31, 3:58 PM ET
Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., voices her support for Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., at the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) convention in San Francisco, Thursday, July 31, 2008.(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)

Why is Gloria Borger shilling so hard for McCain? She just threw that "objective analyst/pundit" tag out the window by saying "McCain has a better story to tell" (better than Obama). Also, "If McCain was president he would have solved the energy crisis". She's also been definitely drinking the "Maverick" Kool-aid as well considers she repeats it daily. I'm surprised MediaMatter didn't stick her in that anti-McCain commercial as well.

I've noticed that especially the older reporters and pundits are huge fans of McCain and are much more willing to dismiss McCain's current actions in the campaign and hold fast to the idea that he's a "straight talkin Maverick".

I guess the vestige of hope on CNN is Jack Cafferty and Toobin?

Hellsing321 said:
not until tomorrow.
It was pretty awesome though. Some of the best political commentary I've seen this season. How he's the first person I've seen on TV to point out that McCain's "2014" campaign commercial/speech was presumptuous I have no clue.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
typhonsentra said:
It was pretty awesome though. Some of the best political commentary I've seen this season. How he's the first person I've seen on TV to point out that McCain's "2014" campaign commercial/speech was presumptuous I have no clue.

Rachel has brought that up many of times. I don't see how we can call Obama presumptuous for going to Iraq on one hand, yet people say that he still has this Maverick streak in him, yet doing the same thing that was done in 2004.

Damn. I'm going to have to look up the Daily Show tomorrow, I only caught the interview segment. But it was damn good.

Jon needed to be shut up at times, though, and Brian (I am now interested in his show, gonna Wiki him) was the man to do so.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i was watching the race card controversy story on CNN and i gotta say that obama made a mistake in calling out bush and MaCcain, he should had instead said that the republicans would try to bring up the race issue in the election.

GhaleonEB

Where does this go from here? McCain accusing Obama of playing the race card, the genie is out of the bottle. It's going to be incredibly ugly from here.

i like how everybody's shocked that race came into the picture. like this isn't america, where every little thing devolves into a race issue, much less a presidential election with a a black candidate

Hootie

Maybe Obama will call out McCain on all of these negative ads in person when the debates start up. I really can't wait; McCain is going to be frantically looking for notecards but instead he'll just be screwing himself over. If his performance in the debates v. Obama are anything like this, it'll be one hell of a time :lol

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
He's too skinny. He's too ski-

Well, that's it. I'm washing my hands of you lot.

*closes door to Canada firmly behind him on the way out*

Did you guys notice how handsome Obama is? Not only do handsome people make me feel inadequate, which in turn makes me angry, but they're also well known to get by on their looks instead of developing character and intellect. The logical conclusion? Obama is clearly a vacuous male bimbo. Is that really the type of guy you want running this country?

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Did you guys notice how handsome Obama is? Not only do handsome people make me feel inadequate, which in turn makes me angry, but they're also well known to get by on their looks instead of developing character and intellect. The logical conclusion? Obama is clearly a vacuous male bimbo. Is that really the type of guy you want running this country?
Not only that, but he has an IQ somewhere in the 160-170 range. I hate those vapid elitist intellectuals who get by on their looks alone. >:-(

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
bishoptl said:
He's too skinny. He's too ski-

Well, that's it. I'm washing my hands of you lot.

*closes door to Canada firmly behind him on the way out*

I hate this fucking country at time. Being healthy..let me bold this. BEING HEALTHY CAN BE A FUCKING DISADVANTAGE!

I weep for this country.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Prom night drama aside, what most infuriates me is that you have a candidate who has no real handle on any major issue not only being allowed to tout his own experience and question the capacity and readiness of a man who can discuss topics in depth without turning to aides, but have so many other people do the same.

Amir0x

Banned
i think the WSJ article is just a prime example of reporters doing their fucking hardest to fill their papers with ANYTHING that could possibly relate to the election while we're waiting for one of the candidates to pick their vice president.

I doubt anyone will read the article and seriously not :lol

Well, the WSJ is a great paper if you ignore the editorials and the majority of the non-business stuff. It's just that when Murdoch made them "branch out," well, that stuff, while not always horrid, turned out like most of the other tripe Murdoch-owned news sources put out.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
i think the WSJ article is just a prime example of reporters doing their fucking hardest to fill their papers with ANYTHING that could possibly relate to the election while we're waiting for one of the candidates to pick their vice president.

I doubt anyone will read the article and seriously not :lol

It's pretty bad. Might be the worst so far. It's at least a contender with "Is Obama scratching his cheek, OR IS HE SECRETLY FLIPPING OFF HILLARY, HMMMMM?"

Oh, and I nearly forgot about the terrorist first jab for a moment. That still takes the cake. It seems that over time, this has become more and more relevant. It's theater.

Stewart was absolutely demolishing McCain today. Too bad, I don't expect many of those "working class white voters" to turn from Fox News and tune in to The Daily Show any time soon.

In other news, Brittney mulls suing McCain over using her picture without consent in a political advertisement. Also, the Hiltons', who maxed out their contributions to McCain's campaign aren't too happy (to put it mildly) about Paris' picture also being used in a political Ad.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
syllogism said:
points out something the Obama campaign should be making more fuss about - for all the charges of inexperience and vacuity leveled by McCain to Obama, there's a disarming superficiality to many of McCain's proposals. it's not befitting of someone with an 'experience' edge over his opponent.

edit: it's not the media's fault. Obama needs to make more of a fuss about this for the media to follow.

scorcho said:
points out something the Obama campaign should be making more fuss about - for all the charges of inexperience and vacuity leveled by McCain to Obama, there's a disarming superficiality to many of McCain's proposals. it's not befitting of someone with an 'experience' edge over his opponent.

edit: it's not the media's fault. Obama needs to make more of a fuss about this for the media to follow.
Agreed. Obama should be talking about this more.

Hootie said:
Maybe Obama will call out McCain on all of these negative ads in person when the debates start up. I really can't wait; McCain is going to be frantically looking for notecards but instead he'll just be screwing himself over. If his performance in the debates v. Obama are anything like this, it'll be one hell of a time :lol
The only good thing about the debates is that we know McCain will be honest when he really doesn't know anything about what he is being asked.:lol

GrotesqueBeauty said:

My mother doesn't think he's handsome. She's by no means racist. she also thinks John Kerry is handsome. I almost punched her in the cunt. :lol

Mumei

scorcho said:
while i'm all for the WSJ editorial hate (lets throw in the Economist and its somewhat 'meh' articles on US politics) the following is pretty damn funny - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121745962594698731.html?mod=sphere_wd

I've really been noticing that this election season with regards to The Economist. They do have the benefit of coming out once a week and ignoring a lot of the stupider things, but I've been noticing more and more that they consistently seem to adopt the convention wisdom that comes out in the media; rather than distance giving them a more critical, birds-eye view on the situation, instead it's as though they get things wrong instead.

Honestly, it kind of makes me wonder how accurate they manage to be on some other issues that I'm much less familiar with.

I formally suggest the MODS to ban the GALLUP poll. It gives continous wrong information and here is another sample

Obama vs McCain daily poll
election2008_HP_1.gif

Obama going down while McCain going up

Obama vs McCain favouribility
election2008_HP_2.gif

Obama going up and McCain going down at the SAME time!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom