• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
polyh3dron said:
PERFECT.

DO IT, that's video number 1.

When she wasn't doing too well, he gave up on her and left her hanging for a young cute blonde with lotsa money.

What makes you think he'll stand by America?
I can do it, but I need a picture, quotes, and all of that. However, I would prefer to start off with something different.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Eric P said:
mccain has annoyed me so much this week that i have donated again to obama, something i said i wouldn't do again after the fisa thing.

this is just utter bullshit all around

mccain has pissed me off so much that i am contemplating not only donating the maximum allowable to obama.. but also fiercely advocating for him to all of my family and friends. that is something i have refused to do in the past.. i have never pushed a political belief on anyone (other than political discourse on this website), but mccain has shown himself to be such a piece of shit, i just cant let this be.

Touchdown

Banned
artredis1980 said:
too soft

Here is a GAF screenplay

Show McCains first wife on wheel chair, explain her trajedy and just add her qoute: he left me after i got disfigured.

(Text: Would you trust this man to take care of us?)

slowly fade to black....

Yes!! I want this!! I will donate to the creation of this ad! GAF FTW!!!! I will then go on youtube and make sure it's one of the most watched videos.

another screenplay of GAF

have a video of someones feet wearing flip flops making flip floping noise...

fade to black

fade in

McCain: "I want to run a respectful campaign"

show images of britney ad with obama

fade to again someone wearing flip flops walking

McCain: " I am proud of that ad"

fade to black

fade in

McCain: "I respect Mr Obama and the campaign he is running"

Show flip flop wearing walking again

show McCain jesus ad

ppl should know the guy or gal is wearing flip flops and say oh those are flip flops, they will easily discern flip flops with mccain talk

artredis1980 said:

fade to black

fade in

fade to black

fade in

show McCain jesus ad

ppl should know the guy or gal is wearing flip flops and say oh those are flip flops, they will easily discern flip flops with mccain talk

Not bad... all these ideas are good actually! Someone make a thread.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Especially, when Carol McCain (his first wife) has said things like this?

"Carol insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. ‘I have no bitterness,’

she says. ‘My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

I want Obama to win too but not like this. He was supposed to be different, and so far he hasn't dissapointed me too greatly. But what you guys are proposing is seriously desperate and really cheap.

here is her first wife:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

But there is another Mrs McCain who casts a ghostly shadow over the Senator’s presidential campaign. She is seldom seen and rarely written about, despite being mother to McCain’s three eldest children.

And yet, had events turned out differently, it would be she, rather than Cindy, who would be vying to be First Lady. She is McCain’s first wife, Carol, who was a famous beauty and a successful swimwear model when they married in 1965.

She was the woman McCain dreamed of during his long incarceration and torture in Vietnam’s infamous ‘Hanoi Hilton’ prison and the woman who faithfully stayed at home looking after the children and waiting anxiously for news.

But when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a telegraph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969. Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.

When Carol was discharged from hospital after six months of life-saving surgery, the prognosis was bleak. In order to save her legs, surgeons

had been forced to cut away huge sections of shattered bone, taking with it her tall, willowy figure. She was confined to a wheelchair and was forced to use a catheter.

Through sheer hard work, Carol learned to walk again. But when John McCain came home from Vietnam, she had gained a lot of weight and bore little resemblance to her old self.

Today, she stands at just 5ft4in and still walks awkwardly, with a pronounced limp. Her body is held together by screws and metal plates and, at 70, her face is worn by wrinkles that speak of decades of silent suffering.

For nearly 30 years, Carol has maintained a dignified silence about the accident, McCain and their divorce. But last week at the bungalow where she now lives at Virginia Beach, a faded seaside resort 200 miles south of Washington, she told The Mail on Sunday how McCain divorced her in 1980 and married Cindy, 18 years his junior and the heir to an Arizona brewing fortune, just one month later.

Carol insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. ‘I have no bitterness,’

she says. ‘My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce.

‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.

McCain was then earning little more than £25,000 a year as a naval officer, while his new father-in-law, Jim Hensley, was a multi-millionaire who had impeccable political connections.

WE USE the bolded part!!!

GhaleonEB

artredis1980 said:

fade to black

fade in

fade to black

fade in

show McCain jesus ad

So basically, almost exactly what TPM did today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1GI9ragess&eurl=http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

Touchdown

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
But then, how can you complain about McCain, when you use the same cheap tactics?

no, I'm tired of dealing with the republicans walking all over the democrats with the negative ads. The republicans won the last election by destroying Kerry's character. They don't play by the rules, why should we? why should I care about using cheap tactics, I'm just a citizen, I'm not running for office. I can portray anybody in any light I want to. This is America Damnit!!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Touchdown said:
no, I'm tired of dealing with the republicans walking all over the democrats with the negative ads. The republicans won the last election by destroying Kerry's character. They don't play by the rules, why should we? why should I care about using cheap tactics, I'm just a citizen, I'm not running for office. I can portray anybody in any light I want to. This is America Damnit!!
Calm your ass down. You are now just as bad as them, you have no reason to complain about them when you're on their level. You make it sound as if it's impossible to win an election unless they use dirty tactics? How the hell did Clinton win twice? Or carter for that matter. Kerry didn't lose because of the swift votes, most people didn't even know who they were. He lost because he ran a lousy campaign, simple as that. This will hurt Obama more than help him, part of his appeal is that he's supposed to be different and above mudslinging, that's why he's distanced himself from things like the Ludacris song. Him being associated with what you guys are proposing will only hurt him and try more poeple away from him.

maynerd

Banned
artredis1980 said:

I thought this part was better. Not saying I'm condoning this GAF video thing. Just sayin.

Ted Sampley, who fought with US Special Forces in Vietnam and is now a leading campaigner for veterans’ rights, said: ‘I have been following John McCain’s career for nearly 20 years. I know him personally. There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is – deceit.

‘When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her almost right away. Everybody around him knew it.

‘Eventually he met Cindy and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy. At that point McCain just dumped Carol for something he thought was better.

‘This is a guy who makes such a big deal about his character. He has no character. He is a fake. If there was any character in that first marriage, it all belonged to Carol.’

If you guys wanna do this, the best would be to keep it very centered on the way McCain turned his back on a clean campaign, and showing how he's not a straight talker anymore. But personal stuff and cheap shots only detract from Obama's message. It's one thing to draw true contrasts and contradictions, and another to take stuff out of context. True stuff is more powerful because it's harder to spin.

Nazgul_Hunter said:
If you guys wanna do this, the best would be to keep it very centered on the way McCain turned his back on a clean campaign, and showing how he's not a straight talker anymore. But personal stuff and cheap shots only detract from Obama's message. It's one thing to draw true contrasts and contradictions, and another to take stuff out of context. True stuff is more powerful because it's harder to spin.

Yeah true.

Someone please make a thread so we can flesh out these ideas!

kevm3

Obama simply needs to make a "what about the issues McCain?" series of ads. "Americans are suffering from rising gas prices, increasing rates of foreclosures, etc. Barack wants to get this nation back on its feet. McCain wants to make jokes," End with a black screen that simply states," What about the issues McCain'

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Who is this idiot named Heidi on Hardball?

Although this guy Leo is getting real pissed off :lol

Holy shit @ Hardball. These two are really going at it.:lol

EDIT:
reilo said:
Who is this idiot named Heidi on Hardball?

Although this guy Leo is getting real pissed off :lol
Dude I know!:lol This Heidi seems like a real bitch.

SoulPlaya said:
But then, how can you complain about McCain, when you use the same cheap tactics?
Because it's not Obama that's doing it back. He can say that the video is outrageous and offensive and that he doesn't stand for this negative campaigning but it'll still have the intended effect.

Touchdown

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
Calm your ass down. You are now just as bad as them, you have no reason to complain about them when you're on their level. You make it sound as if it's impossible to win an election unless they use dirty tactics? How the hell did Clinton win twice? Or carter for that matter. Kerry didn't lose because of the swift votes, most people didn't even know who they were. He lost because he ran a lousy campaign, simple as that. This will hurt Obama more than help me, part of his appeal is that he's supposed to be different and above mudslinging, that's why he's distanced himself from things like the Ludacris song. Him being associated with what you guys are proposing will only hurt him and try more poeple away from him.

I agree with you that Kerry lost in part because of his own mistakes, but I'm just saying that the democrats have not gone too negative and the republicans have taken advantage of that. Negative ads do work to an extent. I also think it's a different time now after September 11th in that the republicans have perfected the art of scaring the American public and that if enough of these ads get out they will all jumble together in the subconscious minds of the voters and add to the idea that Obama is "risky/scary/dangerous/too black/muslim/muslim with crazy christian pastor/rock star/arrogant/terrorist/black man with a "militant" wife/ohyeahdidimentionhe'sblack."

Touchdown

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Because it's not Obama that's doing it back. He can say that the video is outrageous and offensive and that he doesn't stand for this negative campaigning but it'll still have the intended effect.

This.

Obama would consider off-shore drilling as part of comprehensive energy plan
Friday, August 01, 2008

ST. PETERSBURG — U.S. Sen. Barack Obama said today he would be willing to open Florida's coast for more oil drilling if it meant winning approval for broad energy changes.

"My interest is in making sure we've got the kind of comprehensive energy policy that can bring down gas prices," Obama said in an interview with The Palm Beach Post.

"If, in order to get that passed, we have to compromise in terms of a careful, well thought-out drilling strategy that was carefully circumscribed to avoid significant environmental damage - I don't want to be so rigid that we can't get something done," Obama said.

more at link

reilo

Andrea Mitchell making a good point:

51,000 less jobs today, and we aren't talking about it.

And who's fault is that exactly? Yeah, you, the pundits. You turned this into just another election.

Obama is talking about policies and issues, but you aren't reporting on them, and instead focus on bullshit.

Lv99 Slacker said:
vaderno.gif

Come the fuck on... McSame said himself that all this offshore drilling would only be a drop in the bucket and the results would be mostly psychological. Don't flip flop Obama... PLEASE.

The Repugs are going to spin this as a flip flop. I hate it how accusations against him get traction when McCain flip flops every day and no one bats an eyelash. ARRRRRGHGH

syllogism

quadriplegicjon said:
doesnt matter what he actually said, this will be spun as a huge flipflop. :(
It's funny, because if it wasn't a campaign season it would be considered admirable bipartisan compromising in order to pass other important measures

"And if you have a package that is offshore drilling only, which is essentially what Bush and McCain have been emphasizing, then I think that that is not going to solve the problem and I would be opposed to that."

SoulPlaya

more money than God
polyh3dron said:
vaderno.gif

Come the fuck on... McSame said himself that all this offshore drilling would only be a drop in the bucket and the results would be mostly psychological. Don't flip flop Obama... PLEASE.

The Repugs are going to spin this as a flip flop. I hate it how accusations against him get traction when McCain flip flops every day and no one bats an eyelash. ARRRRRGHGH
This election is not about McCain, it's about Obama. It's about whether you support Obama or not. McCain is given more leway because most don't care about what he does, it's about Obama. Sort of how like 2004 was pretty much a referendum on Bush.

GhaleonEB

Lv99 Slacker said:
The fuck? He spent several minutes outlining why offshore drilling was a bad idea, and the only narrow circumstance in which he'd consider it. They've plucked that tiny bit entirely out of context. It's what he's been saying all along, and was part of a complete deconstruction of the idea.

If that really does take off....gah. That's just pure BS.

Edit: he's said something similar before, just not that exact quote.

Gaborn

GhaleonEB said:
The fuck? I watched Obama say that. He spent several minutes outlining why offshore drilling was a bad idea, and the only narrow circumstance in which he'd consider it. They've plucked that tiny bit entirely out of context. It's what he's been saying all along, and was part of a complete deconstruction of the idea.

If that really does take off....gah. That's just pure BS.

The train was travelling along when a beautiful young woman entered the compartment which was deserted except for a businessman reading his paper.
The man peered over his paper and asked "Would you let me have sex with you for a dollar?"
"Certainly not!" exclaimed the young woman, and the businessman returned to his paper.
A short while later he looked across again and said "Would you let me have sex with you for a million dollars?"
After a brief pause, the woman replied "yes, I suppose I would." Again the man returned to his newspaper.
A few minutes later the man asked "Would you let me have sex with you for five dollars?"
"Certainly not!" replied the young woman, getting angry now "What kind of girl do you take me for?"
"We've already established that" replied the man, "We're just haggling over the price!"

Tamanon

Banned
McCain certainly won't slam him for flip-flopping on it, considering how recently he adopted the drilling. Of course, the Dems seem to be saying ok, we'll allow a little drilling if it means you'll stop stomping your feet and not allowing anything else to happen.

reilo

For as much as Obam is campaigning for change, some things never change.

The media, their infinite bullshit, and how they bite hook, line, and sinker into every single fucking bait by the GOP.

I guess common sense is too much of a thing to hope for.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
reilo said:

The media, their infinite bullshit, and how they bite hook, line, and sinker into every single fucking bait by the GOP.

This is where FCC reform comes in.

GhaleonEB

Tamanon said:
McCain certainly won't slam him for flip-flopping on it, considering how recently he adopted the drilling. Of course, the Dems seem to be saying ok, we'll allow a little drilling if it means you'll stop stomping your feet and not allowing anything else to happen.
:lol :lol :lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
reilo said:

The media is liberal. Ask APF.

reilo

PhoenixDark said:
So he'll allow drilling if it means public opinion for oil dependent policies increases, wtf?

pulp_fiction_jules.jpg

English, motherfucker, do you read it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom