• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APF

mj1108 said:
It's just APF. Just ignore him.
302n9kw.jpg

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
GenericPseudonym said:
The thing I don't get is how so many people think Congressional Recess is like some sort of vacation. Sure they take some time off but a large part of it is so that the Senators and Representatives can do work in their district.

Well Obama has New York, California and Pennsylvania in the bag. Texas is guaranteed Republican and Ohio is likely the only big battleground. However, not only can Obama contest Ohio he actually may contest North Carolina and Virginia when his campaign gets fully underway.

its also looking like he might have a chance of winning florida as well.

Diablos

GenericPseudonym said:
Well Obama has New York, California
Yes.

and Pennsylvania in the bag.
lktv4.jpg

If our former Governor Ridge is McCain's running mate, PA could be up for grabs. Hell, it still might be. A lot of the Catholic Democrats here in Western PA are kinda silent about Obama. It isn't that great of a situation.

GhaleonEB

Door2Dawn said:
Didn't hillary win those big states though?
She campaigned hard in her "big states", ignoring most others, allowing Obama to rack up big margins. While the actual states are different, McCain is likewise running on the assumption of safe states for him, while pressing hard in an number of swing states. Obama is pushing in nearly all 50.

Diablos

The funny thing about Hillary's approach to her wins is that she acted as though a win in the primary over Obama in [state] means a win over McCain in the general. Not true.

Tamanon said:
I dunno man, I don't see any way to avoid being labeled a racist if he tries to use that footage:p

I do. All he has to do is wait for Obama to call him out on it, and then blame Obama for pulling out the race card.

Cheebs

quadriplegicjon said:
:lol i bet mccain uses this in an ad. 'Obama thinks he is a rap star!!!'
McCain isn't stupid enough to use footage of Obama when he is visiting nearly all black crowds due to the race issue.

It's just a cute video of Obama being awesome.

Cheebs

siamesedreamer said:
Ah...the whole time I've been hearing Ridge for VP I completely dismissed him because I thought he was the naked statue guy. Looking at his credentials, he's actually a pretty damn good choice.
McCain wont pick him for one reason (and it's not pro-choice) he was in Bush's cabinet (and he created the infamous color terrorism labels) He wont pick a Bush insider.

Cheebs

siamesedreamer said:
Ah...the whole time I've been hearing Ridge for VP I completely dismissed him because I thought he was the naked statue guy. Looking at his credentials, he's actually a pretty damn good choice.
McCain wont pick him for one reason (and it's not pro-choice) he was in Bush's cabinet (and he created the infamous color terrorism labels) He wont pick a Bush insider.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Cheebs said:
McCain isn't stupid enough to use footage of Obama when he is visiting nearly all black crowds due to the race issue.

It's just a cute video of Obama being awesome.

McCain used a video of Obama playing basketball with troops.. when criticizing him for not visiting troops. i wouldnt put it past him.

Diablos said:
If our former Governor Ridge is McCain's running mate, PA could be up for grabs. Hell, it still might be. A lot of the Catholic Democrats here in Western PA are kinda silent about Obama. It isn't that great of a situation.

If Kerry could win Pennsylvania, Obama will win it. No question. McCain will not flip a single Kerry state, mark my words.

GenericPseudonym said:
If Kerry could win Pennsylvania, Obama will win it. No question. McCain will not flip a single Kerry state, mark my words.

I actually think he has a good shot at New Hampshire. They seem to love the guy.

Tamanon

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
So what is the latest news in veepland? Are either of the candidates planning to announce before the Olympics?

Theoretically Obama will announce this week, but nobody really knows.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dax01 said:
Please do this, Obama.

EDIT:
Is it typical for a presidential candidate to announce his VP before his party's convention?
Democrats? Yes but only by a week or two

Republicans? No

pgtl_10

Tamanon said:
Because it's pretty much a sine wave:p Also, it's been a pretty negative week in the news for him.

Yeah but he supposedly had this foreign trip. It seems most Americans aren't interested when a candidate goes overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom