• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax01 said:
I don't like Rap myself (I despise it, even). But it shows how he is ordinary.

Despise? Please tell me you're not making these judgments based off what you hear on the radio and see on MTV *grumbles*

Obama's slipping in the polls because McCain finally found a message and is sticking to it. Outside of Obama's world tour he hasn't done much; perhaps he should stay out of the country until November, it'll help his numbers

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
HylianTom said:
Because his response to these attacks has been weak. Wimpy. Kerryesque. Lacking in gonadal fortitude.

he was overseas for most of them. mccain should be seen as a coward for attacking him like this while he was away. :(

They are going to crucify obama with that drop it like a sock video, they will tie it to ludacris. the statement he made that he wouldn't let his daughters listen to vile rap. This is his dukakis moment his willie horton.

Diablos

HylianTom said:
Because his response to these attacks has been weak. Wimpy. Kerryesque. Lacking in gonadal fortitude.
Bullshit. If he was being truly Kerryesque he'd be in much worse shape by now.

gluv65 said:
They are going to crucify obama with that drop it like a sock video, they will tie it to ludacris. the statement he made that he wouldn't let his daughters listen to vile rap. This is his dukakis moment his willie horton.
Uh, right.

PhoenixDark said:
Despise? Please tell me you're not making these judgments based off what you hear on the radio and see on MTV *grumbles*
I hardly listen to the radio, and I hate MTV. From what I have heard, I don't like it at all.

Tamanon

Banned
gluv65 said:

:lol :lol

HylianTom

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
he was overseas for most of them. mccain should be seen as a coward for attacking him like this while he is away. :(

He should, but we're talking about the American electorate here. Not the sharpest box of tacks.

Diablos

BREAKING: SEN. OBAMA'S DAUGHTER MALIA MAY HAVE VERY WELL SANG ALONG TO INAPPROPRIATE RAP LYRICS SUCH AS "I GOT THE ROLLY ON MY ARM AND I'M POURING CHANDON / AND I ROLL THE BEST WEED 'CAUSE I GOT IT GOING ON" WHILE BEING DRIVEN HOME FROM FAMILY-RELATED ACTIVITIES... DEVELOPING..................................

2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif

Diablos said:
BREAKING: SEN. OBAMA'S DAUGHTER MALIA MAY HAVE VERY WELL SANG ALONG TO INAPPROPRIATE RAP LYRICS SUCH AS "I GOT THE ROLLY ON MY ARM AND I'M POURING CHANDON / AND I ROLL THE BEST WEED 'CAUSE I GOT IT GOING ON" WHILE BEING DRIVEN HOME FROM FAMILY-RELATED ACTIVITIES... DEVELOPING..................................

2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
MELTDOWN

Door2Dawn

Banned
Diablos said:

2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
Oh shit Obama is FINISHED!

Diablos said:

2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif

I understand its stupid, but it will be used, I should not have said willie horton but the tank dukakis was in. Its the nature of the beast.

Diablos said:

2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif

To be fair, this is an actual right-wing talking point.

Gaborn

Diablos said:

2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif
2j2fhap.gif

That won't hurt Obama, he still opposes decriminalizing marijuana.

Chet Edwards was an odd name to surface, but not quite as odd as Bush's first Secretary of Agriculture coming up. She's a complete unknown (seriously - what average person gives any thought to the goings on of the USDA?) and her only superficial connection to anything political is that she was in Bush's cabinet. That's not exactly the best media blurb to count on.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Once this topless woman thing goes over, wouldn't a large group of women consider McCain to be sexist? I can't even imagine why a presidential candidate would even bother with this.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Agent Icebeezy said:
Once this topless woman thing goes over, wouldn't a large group of women consider McCain to be sexist? I can't even imagine why a presidential candidate would even bother with this.

i bet the press will barely mention it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oy, I just got called "one-sided" and "stubborn" by my grandmother because I wouldn't say Condaleeza Rice was "honest and forthright".

It cracks me up how this two-time GWB voter has spent the last 8 years bitching about country's politics and media and yet she's gung-ho about McCain and still getting her news and opinions from Fox News. At what point do you realize that the shit you're constantly complaining about is exactly what you support? Just like how she complains about stupid celebrities yet she buys People magazine.

Uncooked

Banned
ZealousD said:
If right-wingers seriously use this as some sort of talking point against Obama they'll reach a new low, and that's saying something.

At that age kids don't know what the hell they're singing.

His 10-year-old daughter sang along to Snoop Dogg, clearly he's not fit to be commander in chief!

That post was a joke...

Diablos

ZealousD said:
If right-wingers seriously use this as some sort of talking point against Obama they'll reach a new low, and that's saying something.

At that age kids don't know what the hell they're singing.

His 10-year-old daughter sang along to Snoop Dogg, clearly he's not fit to be commander in chief!
:lol

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, my ex's 8 year old used to sing along to "This shit is bananas" under the understanding that she couldn't repeat it EVER at school.:p

Diablos

Dan said:
After those last couple ads, it's going to be hard to tell a joke from reality.
If McCain keeps running with the joke ads it will catch up with him eventually.

And I think fwiw, most of the daily polls are bullshit.

It's even, Obama gets a small lead, even again, 8-9 point jump, right after that back to dead even, Obama gains a point... over and over and over.

If it is one trend that that I've noticed this year, it's that polls have been pretty damn useless unless they were predicting an expected result.

Gaborn

Tamanon said:
Yeah, my ex's 8 year old used to sing along to "This shit is bananas" under the understanding that she couldn't repeat it EVER at school.:p

Oh dear god. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Google those words. My god. Wow. holy shit. I've seen worse, but usually I was expecting it to be bad/worse.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Gaborn said:
Oh dear god. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Google those words. My god. Wow. holy shit. I've seen worse, but usually I was expecting it to be bad/worse.
Your reverse psychology will not work on me!

Uncooked

Banned
Gaborn said:

You probably should have just posted "google those words this instant" because that is what people are now going to do.

Gaborn

Uncooked said:
You probably should have just posted "google those words this instant" because that is what people are now going to do.

LOL, I mean, it's not even that bad. It's just... a shock if you're not expecting something like it.

eclipze

Gaborn said:
LOL, I mean, it's not even that bad. It's just... a shock if you're not expecting something like it.

I know. I was expecting 2g1c style with his reaction, but it turned out to be meh.

Gaborn

Dax01 said:
Are you sure that's reverse psychology?

I assure you I was dead serious. It wasn't intended as reverse psychology, it was just shock, kind of like a milder form of coming across goatse while clicking on a seemingly innocuous link.

Gaborn said:

Maybe its because I go to 4chan, but what are you talking about? I googled "this shit is bananas" and didn't see anything bad.

Gaborn said:
I assure you I was dead serious. It wasn't intended as reverse psychology, it was just shock, kind of like a milder form of coming across goatse while clicking on a seemingly innocuous link.
Wait... you're not talking about the Gwen Stefani song, are you? Because while it is pretty annoying, it isn't terribly shocking.

And no, I will not google.

Gaborn

GenericPseudonym said:
Maybe its because I go to 4chan, but what are you talking about? I googled "this shit is bananas" and didn't see anything bad.

Probably that, I just didn't expect a banana to come flying out of that ass. Of course it was probably worse because it was a girl's ass and caught by another girl...

Gaborn said:

Hitokage said:
Somebody saying not to do something that only entices many to do it anyway? Happens all the time here. :p

I think you might be right.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Gaborn said:
Probably that, I just didn't expect a banana to come flying out of that ass. Of course it was probably worse because it was a girl's ass and caught by another girl...
so um >_> what was the phrase to google again? i just want to know so i can avoid typing it in. >_>

~edit~ well that was a total let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom