• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsin' and carousin' the MyObama page, and I went to the NeoGAF for Obama group. Look at this:

2mwxuud.jpg

Did we really raise that much or am I reading this wrong?

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Frank the Great said:
I was browsin' and carousin' the MyObama page, and I went to the NeoGAF for Obama group. Look at this:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2mwxuud.jpg[IMG]

Did we really raise that much or am I reading this wrong?[/QUOTE]
Considering we have 185 members, the average donation amount would have to be $360.

We had a hard enough time reaching $1,337, let alone $60K+

Macam

Banned
Incognito said:
Text VP to 62262.

I think since I've have text message alerts activated, I've received a grand total of about 10 texts. Most were concerning local activities, though.

Macam- sounds exciting. Should be a real treasure trove of voters up there in Travis County. Down here in San Antonio, the local Obama people have been hitting up salons and whatnot.

How long did you sign up? If it's infrequent and regarding local activities, that may be worth it.

While I intend to go to the weekend training camp, but I'm doubly interested in seeing whether I can raise some awareness for Rick Noriega's campaign. A ten point deficit and a large funding gap puts that one up a bit higher up on my radar.

gkryhewy

Macam said:
How long did you sign up? If it's infrequent and regarding local activities, that may be worth it.

While I intend to go to the weekend training camp, but I'm doubly interested in seeing whether I can raise some awareness for Rick Noriega's campaign. A ten point deficit and a large funding gap puts that one up a bit higher up on my radar.

Military action to arrest his ass in the 80s, and now he's running for office? I am appalled. Perfect pairing with that Saddam Hussein Obama.

PHOTOS: BARACK, MICHELLE OBAMA speak at a welcoming ceremony at Keehi Lagoon Beach, Honolulu

capt.34aca49b639b497e9112e3fd4d9cc4d5.obama_2008_hiab112.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., waves as he leaves a welcome to Hawaii rally at Keehi Lagoon Beach Park in Honolulu, Hawaii Friday, Aug. 8, 2008. Sen. Obama is in Hawaii for a vacation. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.c9a9c440bcb145f3a5259785bf4067ec.obama_2008_himg115.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama speaks at welcoming ceremony at the Keehi Lagoon Beach Park, Friday, Aug. 8, 2008 in Honolulu. (AP Photo/Marco Garcia)

capt.5237b0df411c4029809a94c6ffd76398.obama_2008_hiab116.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., speaks at a welcome to Hawaii rally at Keehi Lagoon Beach Park in Honolulu, Hawaii Friday, Aug. 8, 2008. Sen. Obama is in Hawaii for a vacation.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

r3467730733.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) gives a speech as the crowd looks on at Keehi Lagoon Park in Honolulu, Hawaii August 8, 2008. REUTERS/Hugh Gentry

r3167155947.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) shakes hands with supportes after giving a speech at Keehi Lagoon Park in Honolulu, Hawaii August 8, 2008. REUTERS/Hugh Gentry

r2997324676.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) smiles at the crowd during his speech at Keehi Lagoon Park in Honolulu, Hawaii August 8, 2008.

capt.d617a14869404c4aadfce3498ddd4468.obama_2008_hiab117.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., with his wife Michelle Obama, speaks at a welcome to Hawaii rally at Keehi Lagoon Beach Park in Honolulu, Hawaii Friday, Aug. 8, 2008. Sen. Obama is in Hawaii for a vacation.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.db1d37ed20c241a7aae3df999efee8af.obama_2008_hiab102.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., with his wife Michelle Obama steps off the plane in Honolulu, Hawaii Friday, Aug. 8, 2008. Sen. Obama is in Hawaii for a vacation.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Keylime

NetMapel said:
Go longhorn ?
Something tells me this has more to do with the Hawaiian gesture for "live easy" or whatever it is than a college team :)

Keylime

mckmas8808 said:
WOW! They are fighting back hard but with substance. Why does the media still act like Obama and his campaign don't talk about specifics? It's now right here. What will the media do? Will they let the McCain lie and the Obama's campaign response go unheard?
Yes, they will.

There is no way that the media is going to finally decide to start reporting and stop gossiping.

The media has no interest in distributing factually accurate data nowadays, they are interested in ratings, and facts are so...boring!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Neogaffers for Obama has raised about 1500 bucks. I can see tthe donation list. I also need o clean up our membership. there are about 150 gaffers and 30 random assholes, I just deleted 30 retarded blogs by someone named Garry. You get these retarded points for joining groups and spamming them with blogs.

My guess is that 66k mostly comes from members donations done outside of our group, and most of that came from non-gaffer point whores.

mckmas8808 said:
WOW! They are fighting back hard but with substance. Why does the media still act like Obama and his campaign don't talk about specifics? It's now right here. What will the media do? Will they let the McCain lie and the Obama's campaign response go unheard?

Some of these pundits and reporters are either clueless or have an agenda. Everytime I see one of them on screen claim that neither candidate talks about basic energy conservation and practical energy saving measures I want to break the tv. Obama has talked about this time and time again and even gets ridiculed by the McCain camp when he does it. Well I guess I can't expect too much for David Gregory and his Meet The Press panel. Gregory should just take a job with Fox and be done with it.

Keylime

maximum360 said:
Some of these pundits and reporters are either clueless or have an agenda. Everytime I see one of them on screen claim that neither candidate talks about basic energy conservation and practical energy saving measures I want to break the tv. Obama has talked about this time and time again and even gets ridiculed by the McCain camp when he does it. Well I guess I can't expect too much for David Gregory and his Meet The Press panel. Gregory should just take a job with Fox and be done with it.
Hey hey now! The Goddess of Truth, Ms. Maddow, is on that panel!

If Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd had a baby...well...I don't even fucking know but it would be incredible.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
RubxQub said:
Yes, they will.

There is no way that the media is going to finally decide to start reporting and stop gossiping.

The media has no interest in distributing factually accurate data nowadays, they are interested in ratings, and facts are so...boring!

But isn't this news that McCain is out lying and the Obama campaign are calling them liars? Wouldn't that get the ratings higher?

Keylime

mckmas8808 said:
But isn't this news that McCain is out lying and the Obama campaign are calling them liars? Wouldn't that get the ratings higher?
That's important information, so it can't be good for ratings.

They will talk about the likely effects on Obama's campaign due to him being on vacation for the next week.

- Will it hurt him?
- Will it give McCain time to define him?
- Does it make him appear lazy?

Facts... :lol

RubxQub said:
That's important information, so it can't be good for ratings.

They will talk about the likely effects on Obama's campaign due to him being on vacation for the next week.

- Will it hurt him?
- Will it give McCain time to define him?
- Does it make him appear lazy?

Facts... :lol

Don't forget:

- How will Edwards' affair hurt Obama?

I already saw a preview for Monday night Hardball where they will be discussing this.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
mckmas8808 said:

I want to see how the narrative changes after the debates.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Frank the Great said:
Don't forget:

- How will Edwards' affair hurt Obama?

I already saw a preview for Monday night Hardball where they will be discussing this.

Yeah, it's one democratic scandal every ten years, and they are going to paint the dem party as notorious philanders, liars, and cheats.

Keylime

Agent Icebeezy said:
I want to see how the narrative changes after the debates.
Agreed.

I'm hoping the debates really bring everything to light.

Keylime

mckmas8808 said:
Honestly why would you think the media will talk about issues after the debates?
Not so much the media, but it'll be a showcase where the candidates can talk directly to each other in front of everyone.

Nothing to hide behind.

I expect the media to talk about why Barack's lapel pin was lower than McCain's, and patting themselves on the back for holding such a fair and balanced debate.

I'm looking at YOU Stephenapolis and Gibson...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
RubxQub said:
I expect the media to talk about why Barack's lapel pin was lower than McCain's, and patting themselves on the back for holding such a fair and balanced debate.

I'm looking at YOU Stephenapolis and Gibson...

The debates are being held by the nonpartisan and nonprofit Commission on Presidential Debates. It's not like in the primaries where it was the networks hosting them.

Keylime

ZealousD said:
The debates are being held by the nonpartisan and nonprofit Commission on Presidential Debates. It's not like in the primaries where it was the networks hosting them.
Great to hear. That's the best news I've heard all day, actually :lol

Cheebs

ZealousD said:
the news anchors still anchor them and pick the questions though

GhaleonEB

ZealousD said:
But it's network folks moderating and asking questions (aside from the town hall, presumably). But they are for the most part pretty good (two from PBS).

And they'll be broadcast on every network. The combined ratings for the first one are going to be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom