• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

reilo said:
Is McCain incapable of thinking on his feet, without aides and cue cards by his side?

That response he gave when asked about the Lieberman quote proclaiming Obama inexperienced and trying to politicize this issue in Russia v. Georgia is quite damning.

What was the quote?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Where the fuck is Biden coming from on Countdown?

Have they not seen the title of the VP speech?

Hootie

Wait Clark isn't even on the Chuck "God" Todd's shortlist? Why are we fapping over him in here if he most likely won't get picked?

Gaborn

Hootie said:
Wait Clark isn't even on the Chuck "God" Todd's shortlist? Why are we fapping over him in here if he most likely won't get picked?

Off topic's version of "Megaton Monday" or "thursdayton" or whatever it was.

Tamanon

Banned
Mumei said:
What was the quote?

When reporters pointed out Lieberman’s statement to McCain, who was standing next to Lieberman during today's press conference, McCain gave a response that left some confused.

"Well, let me respond by, by just saying that, I think that whatever we think at the moment, that we can all reserve that for a future time. And I think judgments will be made about how we handled that situation, how we approached the situation in Iraq, and how much experience and knowledge and background means in selecting the American people’s decision as to who should be the next commander in chief. And so all I can say is there will be plenty of time for that."

Yeah, I don't know what he was trying to say.

reilo said:
Is McCain incapable of thinking on his feet, without aides and cue cards by his side?
I want to know if he can speak without repeating himself. It seems that almost everytime he answers a question, he ends up repeating some phrase.

I'm not sure if it is because he's run out of things to say or if he is doing it to "catapult the propaganda", but I find it very annoying and I think it makes him look not as smart as I know he really is.

Tamanon

Banned
speculawyer said:
I want to know if he can speak without repeating himself. It seems that almost everytime he answers a question, he ends up repeating some phrase.

I'm not sure if it is because he's run out of things to say or if he is doing it to "catapult the propaganda", but I find it very annoying and I think it makes him look not as smart as I know he really is.

It really is bizarre. It's gotten to where I can actually tell you almost word for word what McCain will say in response to a question.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tamanon said:
It really is bizarre. It's gotten to where I can actually tell you almost word for word what McCain will say in response to a question.

He literally mumbles.

RubxQub

Karma Kramer said:
Chuck Todd aint god.
...but he predicts that he will one day overthrow him.

Tamanon

Banned
Plus remember what Obama said when the VP group was announced. Nobody knows the list except for him and his vetting team, if you don't hear it from them, it's not true:p

GhaleonEB

Tamanon said:
Plus remember what Obama said when the VP group was announced. Nobody knows the list except for him and his vetting team, if you don't hear it from them, it's not true:p
Yup. I think everyone is reading the same tea-leaves, but no one has any idea who the veep is going to be but about five people in Obama's campaign. Obama, the campaign manager, the chief strategist and the two vetters.

Macam

Banned
Meghan McCain is writing a children's book? ...really? Does she know they can't vote?

meghanbook.jpg

RubxQub

Karma Kramer said:
If Obama's VP isn't one of the three Todd has predicted... will you admit that Todd is in fact not spiritual.
Todd is good with numbers, but he has yet to unlock code vision as seen in The Matrix.

His predictional abilities remain limited to statistics at the moment...but beware!

Watching Larry King right now is fucking painful.

He's got two guests - the author of 'Obama Nation' (formerly behind the swift boating of Kerry) and "an Obama Defender" from Media Matters.

Its all innuendo on one side, and ad hominems on the other.

This is best "Obama Defender" they could find? He refers to previous anti-semitism and posting on right wing blogs to defuse this guy's ramblings? No refutation of the points. Thats the best this guy can muster?

Wow. The silly season just gets sillier and sadder as the days go on.

NullPointer said:

He's got two guests - the author of 'Obama Nation' (formerly behind the swift boating of Kerry) and "an Obama Defender" from Media Matters.

This is best "Obama Defender" they could find? He refers to previous anti-semitism and posting on right wing blogs to defuse this guy's ramblings? No refutation of the points. Thats the best this guy can muster?

Silly was the UFO guy crapping on Bill Nye.

NullPointer said:

Turn on Hannity and Colmes... Joe Sestak is destroying Hannity on the Georgia Crisis.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
In The 21st Century Nations Don't Invade Other Nations - John McCain

I'm waiting for the punchline to come.

Door2Dawn said:
There was a commercial on CNN saying the Obama and McCain were going to be on a live forum.

Saturday. at 8 EST..

Can't wait... going to get blazed out of mind and watch the fun.

VanMardigan said:
Hey, a gaf member! I remember reading that post about being an expert in Japan and how Square's move would hurt them in Japan. :lol

Yep!

The guy in the video is so fucking hilarious. One of the best youtube videos ever imo.

so_awes

Banned
NullPointer said:

who is that chick? she's pretty hot...

Farmboy

This guy is thinking what I was thinking:

We talked earlier about the Obama campaign’s new TV ad, which notes, among other things, the fact that John McCain voted with George W. Bush 95% of the time last year. Soon after, the McCain campaign responded by — I kid you not — telling reporters, “In the Senate, Barack Obama has voted in lockstep with President George W. Bush nearly half the time.”

I generally find McCain campaign talking points more annoying than amusing, but this is hysterical.

Let’s consider some of the reasons this is an unusually dumb thing to say:

1. If the McCain campaign wants to make the presidential race about which candidate voted with Bush more, McCain might as well deliver his concession speech now.

2. “Nearly half” is not “in lockstep.” Many Bush administration pronouncements are not controversial, so every senator is going to vote with the White House line at least some of the time.

3. The McCain gang certainly knew this criticism was coming, and had plenty of time to prepare. This is the best they could come up with.

4. The McCain campaign argues that Obama is the Senate’s biggest liberal. The McCain campaign argues that Obama has “voted in lockstep” with Bush. Oddly enough, they’re making both arguments at the same time.

Go ahead, Tucker Bounds, tell us another one.

Karma Kramer said:
Can't wait... going to get blazed out of mind and watch the fun.

Seriously.

I've been trying to avoid the coverage since the end of the primary. Its all been the same talking heads yapping only to each other. I guess I just had a moment of weakness just now and had to watch.

Truly though, this election doesn't actually restart in earnest until both candidates face each other in some direct format.

Looking forward to it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
to whoever said obama picked a bad time to go on vacation, are you kidding? No one is paying attention to anyone but Phelps.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
StoOgE said:
to whoever said obama picked a bad time to go on vacation, are you kidding? No one is paying attention to anyone but Phelps.

Sometimes PoliGAF forgets most people don't pay attention to politics like we do. John is killing McCain on Keith Olberman's show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom