• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APF

Cheebs said:
Tanamon is one of the smartest IMO in here now but the random weird debates between APF and PD was the best. THE BEST
Thanks, but between the pale substitution of posters who now comprise the poligaf regulars and the drastic plunge into garbage of modding during the rise of The Big O, my heart really hasn't been in it to post anything more than quick quips or off-the-cuff insights. Plus it seems like most of the folks here are more interested in liveblogging Hardball and Countdown than anything else, which requires a level of brain damage and obsession with controlling a narrative I really could not care less about.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Jason's Ultimatum said:
You guys read 41 pages of that PDF file?
Got to page 13 and realized that the author of the book just keeps trying to say Obama is a muslim in 50 different ways, all of which are untrue.

Got old, although it was fun to re-read passages from Dreams of my Father again.

RubxQub

APF said:
Thanks, but between the pale substitution of posters who now comprise the poligaf regulars and the drastic plunge into garbage of modding during the rise of The Big O, my heart really hasn't been in it to post anything more than quick quips or off-the-cuff insights. Plus it seems like most of the folks here are more interested in liveblogging Hardball and Countdown than anything else, which requires a level of brain damage and obsession with controlling a narrative I really could not care less about.
And yet you can't stay away, despite yours claims that you would. :lol

RubxQub

APF said:
People also ask me to post, I'm assuming to balance out posts like yours.
Our tango continues.

DIP ME!

Karma Kramer said:
In the 21st century nations don't invade other nations.
Of course the Saddam Hussein-controlled Iraq wasn't considered a "nation" by Senator McCain, but more of an "enemy stronghold".

Aren't euphemisms fun?

RubxQub

polyh3dron said:
Of course the Saddam Hussein-controlled Iraq wasn't considered a "nation" by Senator McCain, but more of an "enemy stronghold".

Aren't euphemisms fun?
I think we should set a "time horizon" for when the Democratic VP is chosen.

sharbhund

RubxQub said:
Gah damn! To think that Obama could have died in a plane crash so randomly like that.

Focking A....

After Carnahan, Wellstone, and now this, maybe all Democratic senators (or hopefuls) should start commuting by train in the months just before an election.

RubxQub said:
Well, it was certainly interesting to see that Hillaryis44 folks really still believe this crazy shit.

Absolutely stunning.

Watching the clip on msnbc.com right now.

While the blonde looked crazy without even opening her mouth, the guy came off crazier.

Deku

Banned
APF said:

why does apf sound like the drohne of poligaf.

mocking and calling people names does not enhance your position.

Bishman

On MSNBC Countdown they said that republicans not showing up to the convention? WTF? What is going on? Someone fill me in. Is Ron Paul still going to protest at the convention?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bishman said:
On MSNBC Countdown they said that republicans not showing up to the convention? WTF? What is going on? Someone fill me in. Is Ron Paul still going to protest at the convention?

Ron Paul is going to hold his own convention iirc.

Tamanon

Banned
Ron Paul is holding his own convention/rallies in the same town, Jesse Ventura'll be there also oddly enough. And 8 Republican senators so far aren't attending the RNC last I saw.

LuCkymoON said:
I would so love it if Obama says "Can you dig it?" at one of his rallies. =D
shonuff.jpg

barack_obama.jpg

Gaborn

speculawyer said:
What's with Grover Norquist's obssession with bankrupting America?

He wants spending cuts along with tax cuts. As long as you're doing both you're not "bankrupting" anything (as long as they're approximately the same ammount or the spending cut is greater), same as if you pair spending increases with tax increases.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Watching Countdown today about that Corsi book. It appears that a lot of the footnotes are attributed to Corsi himself. How the fuck can you quote yourself? :lol :lol :lol

Agent Icebeezy said:
Watching Countdown today about that Corsi book. It appears that a lot of the footnotes are attributed to Corsi himself. How the fuck can you quote yourself? :lol :lol :lol
Are you serious???

Wow.. Corsi was on Larry King boasting about all his footnotes and saying "bawwww media matters is librul, they r liarz stop ad homming me i has 500 footnotz lulz" and they all cite himself?

:lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol
:lol

Agent Icebeezy

polyh3dron said:
Are you serious???

Wow.. Corsi was on Larry King boasting about all his footnotes and saying "bawwww media matters is librul, they r liarz stop ad homming me i has 500 footnotz lulz" and they all cite himself?

:lol

This interview should be up in an hour or so.

Agent Icebeezy

TheKingsCrown said:
So when is Obama announcing his VP again?

And why are the media giving Corsi time? Ugh. It just reinforces shit.

Corsi isn't going to have the same impact as he did in 04 because he is trying to pull the same shit and the DNC as a whole is pushing back.

polyh3dron said:
Having lots of footnotes doesn't make something true.

Ann Coulter also has quite the way with endnotes . . . if you actually read the sentence she writes and then look at her endnote, you'll see that what she says is not actually supported by what it cites. Its really pretty bizarre.

Gaborn said:
He wants spending cuts along with tax cuts. As long as you're doing both you're not "bankrupting" anything (as long as they're approximately the same ammount or the spending cut is greater), same as if you pair spending increases with tax increases.
Actions speak louder than words. And we are swimming in red ink.

TDG

Banned
RubxQub said:
And yet you can't stay away, despite yours claims that you would. :lol
I don't really understand why people dislike APF. Even when I don't agree with his posts, he strikes me as a lot more reasonable than many of the posters here, who don't have a bunch of people talking about how they should stop posting after every time they post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom