• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Chrono said:
Oh give me a fucking break. The reason democrats still have to campaign this hard even after the past 8 years is because the American people have an average IQ of 52, and half of those are fucking cavemen we call believers.

Not every human being is a rational creature with good heart. It's most likely the other way around, actually. We're the result of a mindless and random process called evolution, welcome to reality. And yet every time liberals analyze something there's this assumption, and it's never anybody's fault. Well except the white man of course, it's always his fault, but that only works when people who look different are in the discussion.
And you really think Obama would really say what you just said?

Tamanon

Banned
Chrono said:
Oh give me a fucking break. The reason democrats still have to campaign this hard even after the past 8 years is because the American people have an average IQ of 52, and half of those are fucking cavemen we call believers.

Not every human being is a rational creature with good heart. It's most likely the other way around, actually. We're the result of a mindless and random process called evolution, welcome to reality. And yet every time liberals analyze something there's this assumption, and it's never anybody's fault. Well except the white man of course, it's always his fault, but that only works when people who look different are in the discussion.

Er....you do remember how much trouble Obama got in the last time he tried to intimate what you're saying.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Chrono said:

Well hello cynical, overreacting much?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Tamanon said:
Er....you do remember how much trouble Obama got in the last time he tried to intimate what you're saying.

He never tried to intimate anything remotely close to the bullshit you quoted.

Tamanon

Banned
VanMardigan said:
He never tried to intimate anything remotely close to the bullshit you quoted.

Not as harsh, but the whole flap about the "What's the matter with Kansas?" argument being articulated shows that you don't ever blame the people for whatever reason, because someone's always willing to stand up and be a Knight of Justice for the people, GOD bless their souls!

Tamanon said:
Not as harsh, but the whole flap about the "What's the matter with Kansas?" argument being articulated shows that you don't ever blame the people for whatever reason, because someone's always willing to stand up and be a Knight of Justice for the people, GOD bless their souls!

Also, the Pennsylvania "clinging to God and guns" quote pissed off a lot of people.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Tamanon said:
Not as harsh

? Not as harsh? How about not at all? He's never intimated that most people have an IQ of 52, or that most people are inherently irrational, or called believers (like himself) "fucking cavemen" (and how in the hell is that not bannable? Imagine if I said the same about other groups of people!!).

If that's the viewpoint here in this thread, fine, but quit projecting bullshit like that on Obama.

ummm bitter says hi?

The bitter quote, in every single explanation that's been given has never even come close to the quote from the poster above. Most agree that it referred to how folks grew cynical about a crap government and thus emphasized other facets of their lives. To then expand upon that and cast negative aspersions about those folks, their intelligence, and their level of rationality is far beyond what Obama intended.

Tamanon

Banned
VanMardigan said:
? Not as harsh? How about not at all? He's never intimated that most people have an IQ of 52, or that most people are inherently irrational, or called believers (like himself) "fucking cavemen" (and how in the hell is that not bannable? Imagine if I said the same about other groups of people!!).

If that's the viewpoint here in this thread, fine, but quit projecting bullshit like that on Obama.

You sir, are too literal of a creature.

Tamanon

Banned
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensm...ndard_3_million_is_middle_class.html#comments

Obama, who has notably sharpened his jabs at John McCain since he returned to the campaign trail this week, took aim today at John McCain’s crack during a Saturday forum that $5 million is the line between middle class and rich, my colleague Ken Vogel reports from Albuquerque, N.M.

“Maybe he was joking,” Obama said at the town hall this morning in a library, joking that by McCain’s standards, making $3 million must mean you’re "middle class."

But Obama asserted that McCain’s tax and economic policies reflect a skewed idea of wealth.

Hopefully he turns this also into thinking that maybe this is why McCain believes Obama will tax the middle class.:lol

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Tamanon said:
You sir, are too literal of a creature.

I'm glad you and that other poster know what Obama REALLY means when he talks. It saves us from having to take his words and explanations at face value.

Tamanon

Banned
VanMardigan said:
I'm glad you and that other poster know what Obama REALLY means when he talks. It saves us from having to take his words and explanations at face value.

Dude, I think you and I are on the same side of things here. I was only pointing out how much trouble Obama got in at the last San Fran fundraiser for saying the whole "bitter" crap, which is at least CLOSER to the nonsense I was replying to.

Chrono

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
And you really think Obama would really say what you just said?

I didn't say that he should, I was just venting. It would be all kinds of awesome though. Maybe 20 years from now when he's regarded as one of the best presidents in US history and he goes batshit insane in his memoirs or something. :p

Crisis

Banned
Hey PoliGAF. I need a quick favor. I'm already voting for Obama obviously. I'm trying to prove a point to a friend of mine who insists that John McCain is not a "flip-flopper". I've consulted Google in the matter but all I get are dumb-ass lists that look like a five year old wrote them. Does anyone know a good list of John McCain's more recent flip-flops that have a source with them as well?

maynerd

Banned
Crisis said:
Hey PoliGAF. I need a quick favor. I'm already voting for Obama obviously. I'm trying to prove a point to a friend of mine who insists that John McCain is not a "flip-flopper". I've consulted Google in the matter but all I get are dumb-ass lists that look like a five year old wrote them. Does anyone know a good list of John McCain's more recent flip-flops that have a source with them as well?

Come on!

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/flipflops

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Crisis said:

http://www.alternet.org/election08/90956/?page=entire

Good place to start

Father_Brain said:
I know I'm a bit late in responding to this, but Obama opposes the CA amendment and supports the complete repeal of DOMA. He's about as close as you can get to supporting gay marriage while still claiming to oppose it.

None of which, of course, excuses his (probable) dishonesty on the "between a man and a woman" thing. But saying that he's throwing gays under the bus is hyperbole; if you want a real example of that, look at the Clinton presidency or Kerry in 2004.

How do you know that was probably dishonest? Why is it so hard to understand that there is a way for someone to have personal beliefs that they do not wish to impose on others?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Crisis said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
siamesedreamer said:
Forget veepstakes...
Obama gets spacey: "Barack Obama called Sunday for astronauts to be sent to the moon by 2020 and then possibly to Mars, once again reversing his earlier stance in favor of scaling back the space program," Beth Reinhard writes in the Miami Herald. "Obama wants to add at least one additional shuttle mission after NASA's planned May 2010 conclusion of the program. And he wants to get us back to the moon by 2020," Tom Abrahams reports for ABC's Houston affiliate, KTRK-TV. "This is a marked change from Obama's late 2007 position in which he called for massive cuts to NASA and a longer moon timetable."

Writes Richard S. Dunham, in the Houston Chronicle: "Obama has not always been a strong supporter of additional money for NASA. Indeed, in December 2007, his campaign Web site declared that he would finance an early childhood education initiative by reducing funding for the Constellation program. And Obama told the Houston Chronicle's editorial board in February that he was not convinced that human exploration was worth the cost."
...a most welcome flip.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Crisis said:

Somebody hook this guy up with TPM's youtube video. They and the Jedi Report has a few McCain flip flops on camera.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Crisis said:
See this is what I'm talking about. Those are the same thing just on different sites. And it shows a source for his earlier positions or the current position he has but it doesn't show a source for whatever the opposite is.

Some of the opposites are 20 years in the making.

ToxicAdam

Obama gets spacey: "Barack Obama called Sunday for astronauts to be sent to the moon by 2020 and then possibly to Mars, once again reversing his earlier stance in favor of scaling back the space program," Beth Reinhard writes in the Miami Herald

That's great news. About the only Bush initiative that was of any merit.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I wonder what caused the change of heart RE: NASA funding? Perhaps he found a different source to fund his programs (which IIRC was his cited reason for the cutbacks)?

pxleyes

Banned
Now that is the kind of change in opinion that politicians SHOULD make. Based on feedback from the people, you modify your position to achieve both goals without taking away from a necessity like space exploration.

lopaz

Banned
pxleyes said:
Now that is the kind of change in opinion that politicians SHOULD make. Based on feedback from the people, you modify your position to achieve both goals without taking away from a necessity like space exploration.

sarcasm... right?

GhaleonEB

080818DailyUpdateGraph1_ghbnvcs.gif

Dammit. No streams crossing just yet.

Chrono

Banned
Crisis said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5-DnNsoA5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

Edit: oh wow, talk about late. >_>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom