• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Hey, to his credit, Incognito made a lot of other ballsy claims in 2006 that people laughed at, and he ended up being right.

If he's right about Florida, I say we call him NeoGAF's Chuck Todd. ;)

LOL Big John...

Oh god... not that idiot Atlah again.

What a friggin idiot.

All the people that sit in a church and allow themselves to be on camera with a moron like that should be arrested.

Diablos

CowboyAstronaut said:
LOL Big John...

Oh god... not that idiot Atlah again.

What a friggin idiot.

All the people that sit in a church and allow themselves to be on camera with a moron like that should be arrested.
I hope his church isn't tax exempt. He crossed the line.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Guileless said:
I made a bet at lunch today for $10 at 17-1 odds that Sen. Obama would win the general election AND the Cubs would win the World Series. It took me quite awhile to find somebody to take the bet at 17-1. We live in strange times.

What does 17-1 odds mean?

Ventrue

mckmas8808 said:
What does 17-1 odds mean?

If a person betting against him is right, he gets $10x1, $10.
If he wins, he gets $10x17, $170.

(although presumably with more than two people, a pool of money).

Diablos said:
Hey, to his credit, Incognito made a lot of other ballsy claims in 2006 that people laughed at, and he ended up being right.

If he's right about Florida, I say we call him NeoGAF's Chuck Todd. ;)

Indeed. I was constantly mocked, too. You and Triumph... Speaking of Triumph, I can't believe his transformation from Democratic hating, Nader-voting leftist into all things Obama. Been pretty cool to watch that unfold. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Liara T'Soni said:
Who in the fuck is this "Kinky" asshole on Dan Abrams?

That guy was a complete moron, he never actually said anything to do with the discussion, and his insistence that Obama had only been a Senator for one year was hilarious. As they shot him down on just a basic fact, he just said "well 20 years in that church, that's what matters!"

Diablos

Incognito said:
Indeed. I was constantly mocked, too. You and Triumph... Speaking of Triumph, I can't believe his transformation from Democratic hating, Nader-voting leftist into all things Obama. Been pretty cool to watch that unfold. :lol
Did I mock you? Can't remember. I know I laughed at you sometimes, I don't recall mocking much, though.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
CNN has a special segment on Michelle Obama and the make over that she is receiving. They will be discussing if she is a little too hardcore and blunt or if she is being picked on.

They also said that First Ladies don't wear dresses with the sleeves cut off, but Michelle does and it could be a problem. :(

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
mckmas8808 said:
CNN has a special segment on Michelle Obama and the make over that she is receiving. They will be discussing if she is a little too hardcore and blunt or if she is being picked on.

They also said that First Ladies don't wear dresses with the sleeves cut off, but Michelle does and it could be a problem. :(

It is a new age, fuck that other shit. She isn't a bullshitter. I've always like that about her.

TDG

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Wow, it's the 50s again. I hate it when my women dress out of line. Who let them pick out their clothes by themselves anyway?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
mckmas8808 said:

UGH...

2.L.jpg

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
The media keeps trying to throw walls up, they keep trying to make this close. They saw the ratings they got from the Democratic primaries, fuck them.

Cheebs said:
Looking at high rez pics you can see his hair has gotten A LOT more gray from Feb '07 when he annouced till now. It's weird.
Campaigning has got to be stressful, but it's nothing like actually serving. Clinton and Bush were both youthful-looking men when they were elected and the job aged them quick. I don't think McCain would live through a full term (though Cheney has surprised me, but drinking the blood of innocents is very invigorating), so his Veep choice is very important.

Tamanon

Banned
adamsappel said:
Campaigning has got to be stressful, but it's nothing like actually serving. Clinton and Bush were both youthful-looking men when they were elected and the job aged them quick. I don't think McCain would live through a full term (though Cheney has surprised me, but drinking the blood of innocents is very invigorating), so his Veep choice is very important.

Cheney only survived because he didn't have to constantly answer for everything he did. He basically put a do not disturb sign on his door and called it a day for 8 years. McCain would look horrible by even the end of the first term.

Diablos

mckmas8808 said:

Talk about wanting to appease our enemies, specifically Iran! :p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mandark said:
I doubt even Joe Queseda would approve of retconning the 2000 election to such a degree that John Kerry's endorsement delivered the Democratic nomination to Al Gore. Plus it contradicts the official concern troll position of 2004: that Joe Lieberman was deeply disrespected by the Dean endorsement.

I'm not gonna read Shrum's book. Already heard the abridged audio version.

shrum :\

shrum dum dum dummm

Tamanon

Banned
Boogie said:
The Daily Show: Wow, this Lara Logan is HAWT.

Extremely. And she's actually calling out her own network's coverage of the war.:lol

A good icebreaker with soldiers is getting in the truck and saying "Yo, what's up mother-fuckers"

Lara Logan is freaking awesome!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Boogie said:
The Daily Show: Wow, this Lara Logan is HAWT.
no fuckin shit she's hot.

I was sitting there gawking, and thinking her face kinda reminded me of Charlize Theron. I looked her up on wikipedia and she's from south africa too. must be something in the water there. plus she looks pretty damn good/young for 37.

Tamanon

Banned
demon said:
no fuckin shit she's hot.

I was sitting there gawking, and thinking her face kinda reminded me of Charlize Theron. I looked her up on wikipedia and she's from south africa too. must be something in the water there. plus she looks pretty damn good/young for 37.

Yeah and she seemed pretty brilliant too. Just the complete package.:lol

Odrion

Banned
What was she saying anyways? I think something to do with Afghanistan, but I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying.

Tamanon

Banned
Odrion said:
What was she saying anyways? I think something to do with Afghanistan, but I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying.

Basically that things over there are much worse than people see in the media and that it's awful that the networks won't cover anything over there because they're focusing on Britney.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Odrion said:
What was she saying anyways? I think something to do with Afghanistan, I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying.
idenac.png
lara.jpg

Even though the polls show Obama waaaayyyy ahead with most likely voters and has more money than Jesus after the ascension the networks will try their damnest to make McCain's old-fashioned impoverished campaign look relevant in sort of a 'if you keep saying it (Hispanics don't vote for Blacks, All women are wacky Obama hating feminists who will vote McCain) it WILL come true' all praying every one for huge election night ratings

All I can say I'm not sure people will buy into the bullshit (oh wait! i'm hispanic! I can't vote for Obama, shit!)

Bulla564

Banned
Odrion said:

Me neither. I was mesmerized by that voice and accent.

I'm in love.

The interview was pretty good. It was quite a moment when she said she feels it is her fault Americans are not aware of what the soldiers are going through.

Is she going back to Iraq? if not... how do I go about marrying her?

Mumei

ElectricBlue187 said:
All I can say I'm not sure people will buy into the bullshit (oh wait! i'm hispanic! I can't vote for Obama, shit!)

To be honest, I do wonder if there is any sort of noticeable effect regarding low information voters. Is it possible that the constant repetition might make someone who isn't very knowledgeable believe that a candidate has trouble getting voters "like me" for a legitimate reason, and possibly results in even more difficulties attracting those voters?

It seems to me like the effect would be pretty negligible, all things considered, but it does bother me a bit.

Michelle Obama To Give Speech Evoking JFK-like Idealism and Highlighting Her Own Journey.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/18/america/18michelle.php

Michelle Obama is ready for her close-up

Michelle Obama's eyes flicker tentatively even as she offers a trained smile. As her campaign plane arcs over the Flathead Range in Montana, she is asked to consider her complicated public image.

Conservative columnists accuse her of being unpatriotic and say she simmers with undigested racial anger. A blogger who supported Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton circulates unfounded claims that Obama gave an accusatory speech in her church about the sins of "whitey." Obama shakes her head.

"You are amazed sometimes at how deep the lies can be," she says in an interview. Referring to a character in a 1970s sitcom, she adds: "I mean, 'whitey?' That's something that George Jefferson would say. Anyone who says that doesn't know me. They don't know the life I've lived. They don't know anything about me."

Now her husband's presidential campaign is giving her image a subtle makeover, with a new speech in the works to emphasize her humble roots and a tough new chief of staff. On Wednesday, Michelle Obama will do a guest turn on "The View," the daytime talk show on ABC, with an eye toward softening her reputation.

<snip>

She says she intends to evoke a John F. Kennedy-like idealism and highlight her own journey, but in her commanding cadences, some people — and not just conservatives — hear a lecture. To appeal to voters who may be put off or not know of her biography, the campaign hopes to display Obama as an ordinary American mom.
This is crazy. I've heard her speak, and she's very warm and human. She just needs a fair audience

masud

Banned
Michelle Obama[B said:
"I mean, 'whitey?' That's something that George Jefferson would say. Anyone who says that doesn't know me. They don't know the life I've lived. They don't know anything about me."
:lol Both of them are awesome god damn.

Barack and Michelle on the cover of new "US" magazine, beautiful picture with 6-page profile

Talk about reaching the "mainstream American voter", in a good...wholesome...way

barack.jpg

US Weekly profile on the potential First Couple hits newsstands Wednesday.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Deus Ex Machina said:
Barack and Michelle on the cover of new "US" magazine, beautiful picture with 6-page profile

Talk about reaching the "mainstream American voter", in a good...wholesome...way

barack.jpg

US Weekly profile on the potential First Couple hits newsstands Wednesday.

Easily hottest since Jackie O. I would say much hotter. But I can has a tag. :-(

TDG

Banned
Tamanon said:
I eagerly await the press discussing whether shopping at Target instead of Walmart makes one elitist.
"The soccer-mom, walmart-shoppers of the country just don't like Michelle Obama, a Target-shopper who is seen as elitist and out of touch with mainstream america."

theBishop

Banned
Tamanon said:
I eagerly await the press discussing whether shopping at Target instead of Walmart makes one elitist.

Where my parents live, all the fat suburbanites who think they are royalty pronounce it "Tar-shay" (i.e. rhymes with 'ballet'). A pox on their houses, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom