• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

Azrael

The whole "we will wipe Israel off the face of the Earth" is a neocon mistranslation. They have expressed hope that the state of Israel will cease to exist, but not that they will destroy Israel militarily or the Jews of Israel will be exterminated.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Mr Jared said:
A two second Google search: Kissinger backs direct U.S. talks with Iran

http://deseretnews.com/article/content/mobile/1,5620,695261802,00.html?printView=true

March 15, 2008

I'm not wanting to stick up for McCain here, but McCain's position isn't refuted by that comment.

Obama stated (not in these words) that Kissinger said that the President needs to sit down with the head of Iran without preconditions. McCain stated that Obama is misrepresenting Kissinger's statement, and said that Kissinger meant there should be talks at the secretarial or ambassadorial level, not the executive level. (Which McCain said he agreed with.)

Trurl

Banned
For the most part I think Obama and McCain are doing about the same, maybe even a slight edge for McCain. But the thing that people are most interested in right now is the economy so that part of the debate might overshadow all of the other stuff afterwords, and the most striking thing that was said in that part of the debate was the "spending freeze." When the dust settles and the debate is cherry picked, that might be what causes McCain to lose the debait.

imo, of course, it's not like I'm Paul Begala. :lol

I don't see what the hell is wrong with you Americans. Obama agress with McCain when the two agree, he makes complete and accurate answers, and is quite honest. I don't see how he's losing, unless you're going by pure presentation, which is why you guys have such problems in the first place.

gkryhewy

Obama is AT WORST holding even with John McCain. He is looking presidential. He is winning the election.

John McCain is jittery and smiling oddly.

Not that it matters, but the CNN pundit scorechart is almost universally for Obama. This was supposed to be McCain's debate. This is amazingly good.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Azrael said:
The whole "we will wipe Israel off the face of the Earth" is a neocon mistranslation. They have expressed hope that the state of Israel will cease to exist, but not that they will destroy Israel militarily or the Jews of Israel will be exterminated.

SPIN SPIN SPIN!

Rorschach

mre said:
I'm not wanting to stick up for McCain here, but McCain's position isn't refuted by that comment.

Obama stated (not in these words) that Kissinger said that the President needs to sit down with the head of Iran without preconditions.
No he didn't. He just talked about preconditions.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Lehrer and Obama just don't want to talk over McCain because he's an old old old old man and they feel bad

he is a rude interrupter McCain is

Wraith

sp0rsk said:
Being on the attack will backfire.

No, it wont. Being classy doesn't get you anywhere in politics. The American people expect a certain amount of mud-slinging in politics. It's unfortunate, but true. Winning a campaign without getting a little dirty is an uphill battle at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom