• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
aceface said:
Ok, try this. Listen to nothing of what they are actually saying. Focus on tone of voice and the occasional sound bite. Now you're watching the debate like ~70% of Americans do.
This, people, read this.

GenericPseudonym said:
I don't see what the hell is wrong with you Americans. Obama agress with McCain when the two agree, he makes complete and accurate answers, and is quite honest. I don't see how he's losing, unless you're going by pure presentation, which is why you guys have such problems in the first place.

Bolded and QFT.

kkaabboomm said:
quickpoll:

winner:
Obama
Mccain
the American People
Nintendo

?

Ninty, Reggie really won me over with the I'm gonna personally find Bin Laden and kick his ass and not take his name line, simply incredible. Fils-Aime/Mario 08 bitches.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Rorschach said:
No he didn't. He just talked about preconditions.

You're right, he didn't explicitly state that. Let me back off that statement slightly then. He stated that the President (himself) should sit down with the head of Iran and then implied that Kissinger's statement backed his statement up.

Acerac

Banned
aceface said:
Ok, try this. Listen to nothing of what they are actually saying. Focus on tone of voice and the occasional sound bite. Now you're watching the debate like ~70% of Americans do.
Your truth makes me sad. Did nobody else watch Bush debate?

There's an obvious difference between Obama's debate material and his obviously scripted closing comments. Obama's a speaker but not a debater. His demeanor weakens and he gets antsy. It's like when Nixon sweated too much on public TV against Kennedy. You can call it a non-issue, but it weakens him in the public's eyes.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
There is a chance that McCain comes across as a bit condescending, so there is a risk in asserting himself too far.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If I have to lower my IQ in order to understand who won this debate, then I'd rather not watch at all.

Chiggs

Gold Member
echoshifting said:
How can anyone think McCain is winning this, what is wrong with you guys. Still jittery from that convention bump huh?

I'll say this: get some perspective, because you clearly lack it. A lot of Americans will eat up what McCain is saying simply because of his delivery.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Askani said:
"Dogs and cats...living together...MASS HYSTERIA!!"
That's my line! :lol

HolyStar

Banned
Obama needs to stop being nice. WHY would you be nice and be agreeing with someone who has so much bs in their arguments. Obama needs to stop this in the next debates. He is making it seem like McCain's arguments are more gold than crap which is why everyone with knowledge on debating knows is bad.

dasein

echoshifting said:
How can anyone think McCain is winning this, what is wrong with you guys. Still jittery from that convention bump huh?

When you're going third you tend to have a different psychological perspective on the debate one with a favoring candidate would not have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom