• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh god burn it with fire

Caribou Barbie Interview said:
COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? ... Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: Ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions.

it's completely incoherent. there is only one response from couric to that, taken from Billy Madison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPgI-7hTZkQ

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GhaleonEB said:
I became optimistic about North Carolina when we started looking at the registration numbers a month ago, but I'm still surprised the polls have closed down so hard.
He and Biden have been doing great here. They will be in Greensboro on Saturday. Too bad we are in the middle of a sub-tropical wind and rain storm.

Tamanon said:
I wasn't listening, did she really say that?
Yeah. It was something like 'for those of you hoping for that money shot with the President greeting the candidates on the White House lawn, blah, blah.'

Tamanon

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
He and Biden have been doing great here. They will be in Greensboro on Saturday. Too bad we are in the middle of a sub-tropical wind and rain storm.

Plus we're not sure if people will be able to get gas to go there. I know we've run out of gas the past two nights.:(

PhoenixDark said:
She's the type of person who chooses All of the Above whenever it comes up on a multiple choice test

nah, it's just all

C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C

on her scantron and hope for the best. folks, there is a reason why she flunked out of college so many times. it's a shame that no one is willing to say it in the media, but there really isn't a whole lot upstairs with Sarah.

besada

Banned
slidewinder said:
Yeah. It was something like 'for those of you hoping for that money shot with the President greeting the candidates on the White House lawn, blah, blah.'

I once used money shot in the middle of a business meeting full of women. It took me a long time to figure out why a bunch of people suddenly frowned, I've so divorced the phrase from its origin.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
New Rasmussens....To be released at 5

Ohio: McCain +1
Pennsylvania: Obama +4
West Virginia: McCain +8
Mass: Obama +20
Arkansas: McCain +9

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Xisiqomelir said:
I don't see why this should happen, it's not like they were invited. If JSA bails, I'm pretty sure we'll see the "Bams debates himself" comedy routine, which you and I have correctly predicted will definitely seal the deal for the Dems.
Oh it shouldn't happen. But its funny to hear that Mckinney actually thinks anyone will let her near national television

Being shipped off to Pueblo, Colorado. (Originally it was Denver -- now gonna have to call American Express and change my hotel...arghhh) Anyone been there? What's it like?

pxleyes

Banned
Incognito said:
Being shipped off to Pueblo, Colorado. (Originally it was Denver -- now gonna have to call American Express and change my hotel...arghhh) Anyone been there? What's it like?
Mountain-y?

Xisiqomelir

Qwerty710710 said:

WV but no VA?

Godspeed Incog, you do the work of righteousness.

Crisco

Banned
Wait a minute? Barack Obama is going to be in a room, alone with Dick Cheney, Dubya, and McCain? Pray for him my friends, pray.

Tamanon

Banned
The Experiment said:
I wonder if the GOP will purposefully hold this bill back so McCain can bail out of the debates

I can't see that happening. Especially with all the public information on how close everyone is on the bill, any delay for pure political reasons would be transparent.

Plus, it would be just as effective for the Democrats to hold the bill back to call McCain's bluff.:lol

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
The Experiment said:
I wonder if the GOP will purposefully hold this bill back so McCain can bail out of the debates
Part of me expects this. Country first, by injecting presidential politics into a bipartisan process.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hellsing321 said:
Has anyone pointed out that it's unconstitutional for any state to enter into an agreement or negotiation with a foreign country unless allowed by Congress, so I sure as hell hope she didn't enter into any negotiations with Russia.

uh-oh.....

Fatalah

Qwerty710710 said:

Still don't get how people could be reacting positively to McCain's political posturing.

The two presidential candidates are sitting at opposite ends of a long table in the Cabinet Room of the White House.

President Bush says before the start of the private session: “My hope is that we can reach an agreement very shortly.”

TIME’s Jay Newton-Small reports scene outside the White House is “crazy,” they’ve closed Pennsylvania Avenue to pedestrians, multiple motorcades are moving through.
http://thepage.time.com/2008/09/25/the-white-house-stage/

Joe

is anyone watching this republican strategist on msnbc right now? :lol what a douche.

the anchor just laughed at him.

Qwerty710710 said:

This is the first time WV is going to vote Republican in god knows how long, and it's largely out of sheer racism. I hate my state.

oh shit

msnbcbreakingnews.jpg

TDG

Banned
JzeroT1437 said:
This is the first time WV is going to vote Republican in god knows how long, and it's largely out of sheer racism. I hate my state.
WV hasn't gone blue since 1996...

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
bob_arctor said:
Did you see the video clip, Slurpy? It will make you curse in words the human tongue has no business attempting to pronounce.

I just did, unfortunately. I won't bother trying to express into words my reaction to that spectacle.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
JzeroT1437 said:

Never knew that about WV. Wow.

Slurpy said:
I just did, unfortunately. I won't bother trying to express into words my reaction to that spectacle.

:lol Told you.

GhaleonEB

Xisiqomelir said:
What is the use of a rotating weekly basis?
They poll each battleground state once a week, on the same day each week. It's to provide a solid trend line for each state.

Other states they do less frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom