• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipze

Tamanon said:
I say no, he's got someone to do all the dialing at home.

Fair enough.

Next question: Would John McCain choose to use Life Alert or some other competitor for use in the Whitehouse since he's definitely in their target market?

I would think Life Alert. He could even be a spokesman for them in those awesome commercials!

alr1ghtstart said:
Where's that "Will HD swing the election towards Obama?" report from a while ago? HD McCain can't be pretty.
We've already seen McCain in HD at the GOP convention. But tonight the cameras will be closer on him and for longer.

eclipze said:
Fair enough.

Next question: Would John McCain choose to use Life Alert or some other competitor for use in the Whitehouse since he's definitely in their target market?

I would think Life Alert. He could even be a spokesman for them in those awesome commercials!
"I've fallen and I can't... oh wait, here comes the Secret Service."

Sharp

Gary Whitta said:
We've already seen McCain in HD at the GOP convention. But tonight the cameras will be closer on him and for longer.
Aren't only like 10% of HDTVs set up properly anyway? Or something. I don't remember the actual statistic but it was pretty dismal.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Obama
Professor Obama
Sarcastic
Gun shy

McCain
Senior Moment
Trigger happy
McNasty

Ah, CNN. Never change. :lol

Kusagari

Sharp said:
Aren't only like 10% of HDTVs set up properly anyway? Or something. I don't remember the actual statistic but it was pretty dismal.

I'm pretty sure a majority of HDTV owners would vote for Obama anyway when you think about it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Letterman was awesome and after seeing the Couric interview with Palin, I can not wait for the VP debate(provided that it actually takes place).

Sharp

Kusagari said:
I'm pretty sure a majority of HDTV owners would vote for Obama anyway when you think about it.
That was my next thought. Conclusion: HD will have no impact on tonight's debate results.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Sharp said:
You're actually on to something.

Obama supporters will have their shit setup properly and it will drive their disdain for the Arizona Senator even more than it is currently.

McCain supporters will enjoy Wrinkes McGee in overblown SD shittiness.

...and America's IQ slumps another point because of it.

Trakdown

Marvie_3 said:
Letterman was awesome and after seeing the Couric interview with Palin, I can not wait for the VP debate(provided that it actually takes place).

I hereby declare that any network covering the VP debate must have a laugh track at the ready.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Are there actually people out there that think Obama is going to be the one to overturn the right to bear arms? Really? Seriously...

Trakdown

soup-can.jpg

Nice shirt!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Olbermann couldn't contain his smirking before introducing the clip :lol

Zeliard

:lol

Palin's answer to Couric questioning her about not getting a passport until recently is so fucking stupid, even by her standards. Jesus.

Sharp

Grizzlyjin said:
Are there actually people out there that think Obama is going to be the one to overturn the right to bear arms? Really? Seriously...
There are people who think he's a Muslim terrorist, so probably.

Juice

Anyone following this, I just ran across this on the front page of search.twitter.com

Apparently twitter-ers are fighting over which nickname to give Palin, Bible Spice (a la Spice Girls) or Caribou Barbie.

Not intrinsically funny, but definitely interesting how it could bubble up to automatic publishing: http://election.twitter.com/topic?t=Bible+Spice

chimpychi said:
Yup, I was at my dealer getting a part and I overheard a guy talking about how we can't have a muslim president...ugh!
You should have asked if the guy needed any parts for his head and offered to pay for it.

Obama, Ole Miss, Old Mister :lol :lol I swear someone is pumping nitrous oxide into my place because I can't stop laughing at 90% of the shit about this presidential campaign.

Trakdown

Juice said:
Anyone following this, I just ran across this on the front page of search.twitter.com

Apparently twitter-ers are fighting over which nickname to give Palin, Bible Spice (a la Spice Girls) or Caribou Barbie.

Not intrinsically funny, but definitely interesting how it could bubble up to automatic publishing: http://election.twitter.com/topic?t=Bible+Spice

How about Tina Failin'?

Speculawyer said:
It won't need one.

Sure it will, to drown out the groans.

Cloudy

Banned
When was the last time McCain had a tough interview? Obama did O'Reilly and he's been taking press questions pretty frequently. Let's hope McLame has his talking points crossed-up...

Sharp

speculawyer said:
It won't need one.
Part of me keeps screaming that the Palin we saw in the Couric interview is just a clever ruse to make us complacent for the VP debates. But then the rest of me quells its doubts by pointing out that nobody is that good an actor, plus it wouldn't fit with the focus on immediate results and short-term gains that has characterized the McCain campaign.

Cloudy said:
When was the last time McCain had a tough interview? Obama did O'Reilly and he's been taking press questions pretty frequently. Let's hope McLame has his talking points crossed-up...

to his credit, he's been running hte sunday talk show gamut fairly frequently. i don't expect any epic fail for him tonight. plus you have to factor in that he's been rehearsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom