• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Banned
Pakkidis said:
4) From most econonmist I have been reading about this bailout is a very bad idea.
Which economists have you been reading? I've heard the opposite.

Also, will speculawyer yell at me if I say my dad's a prominent economist, and he says you're wrong? :p

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Norah's huge innocent eyes beg of me to do naughty things to her...

Bulla564

Banned
Damn I'm actually nervous for tonight...

I'm sure Obama can hold his own, but I don't want to see one pundit afterwards say that McCain won...

With that said, my theory has always been that Obama will seal the election in the first debate.

Tamanon

Banned
Bulla564 said:

I'm sure Obama can hold his own, but I don't want to see one pundit afterwards say that McCain won...

With that said, my theory has always been that Obama will seal the election in the first debate.

I would probably avoid FOX News at all costs then:p

And <3 Huckabee

MIMIC

Banned
I just remembered: Kerry made Bush look like the retarded monkey that he really is in the first debate and still lost the election :(

Trakdown

MIMIC said:
I just remembered: Kerry made Bush look like the retarded monkey that he really is in the first debate and still lost the election :(

*SIGH*

And now, it's time for part 45 of our 90-part-series, "Barack Obama is Not John Kerry."

mj1108 said:
Whew... Kennedy released!

Mild seizure :(

Nothing horrible, just a reaction to the new medicine he was on. He'll be there in January. :)

Cyan said:
Which economists have you been reading? I've heard the opposite.

Also, will speculawyer yell at me if I say my dad's a prominent economist, and he says you're wrong? :p

The "bailout" question keeps getting murkier because a lot of people are still thinking of the original 3-page "give us money let us do what we want" plan, which was basically thrown out a while back. There was Dodd's plan afterwards that was released which was considered much better, and then there was whatever plan that was created after the negotiations (which wasn't released, as far as I can tell). Oh, and then there's the Republican plan which is basically just the same shit we've been doing for the past 30 years, lol

So I think it helps if we can define (or the media defines it when they report about it) which plan we're actually talking about, rather than just generically saying "The Bailout" as if it's one single plan that's never changed.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Trakdown said:
*SIGH*

And now, it's time for part 45 of our 90-part-series, "Barack Obama is Not John Kerry."

That was far funnier read as Stephen Colbert :lol

Bulla564 said:
He just needs to not fuck-up. And he'll clear that bar easily.

Gary Whitta said:
T-Minus one hour... who wants to make debate predictions?

McCain meltdown
I hope

oh btw, Obama will actually win by any objective measure, but the McCain camp will surpass Sony "Playstation Family" levels of spin

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Trakdown said:
*SIGH*

and Kerry lost those debates. Remember "I was for it before I was against it"

Yeah.

Bush looked bad too "Internets" "Dont forget Poland", but nothing that bad.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Tyrone Slothrop said:
by being the maverick he is.

MAVERICK
According to Wikipedia...

Wikipedia said:
A maverick is an unbranded range animal, especially a motherless calf; it can also mean a person who shows independence of thought or action; a lone dissenter; a non-conformist or rebel.

...just what are they trying to say?!

gkryhewy

:lol :lol

Per Olbermann, NYT reporting a republican rep saying that the house repubs bailed yesterday to prevent the DEMs from finishing a deal before McCain could pretend to be involed.

Jesus tap dancing christ. WaMu FAILED because of these pieces of shit.

Amir0x

Banned
I am going to be all fury and brimstone at the questioning as per usual, BUT...

...I am happy and content knowing this is only the first debate, and there are more to come however this outcome. I know Obama got this though, no worries.

Shouta

Well fuck, it's happening in an hour or so eh? I was going to go out and get stuff for my game systems but I gotta see this!

StoOgE

Woah,

WTF at McCain's cell phone in MSNBC's footage of him walking around the capital.

ITS GIGANTIC. Like 2000-2001 cell phone gigantic.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
MIMIC said:

Bush was loved by his base, McCain isn't.

will mccain get flustered? will obama start to "lecture"? will cnn be as fair and balanced as fox news? how many licks DOES it take to get to the center of tootsie roll pop? the world may never know!

Tamanon

Banned
Trakdown said:
I know this would never happen, but I hope McCain walks off during the debate. The lolz would be EPIC.

Even better, I want after one of the questions and answers for Obama to finish his bit, then drop the mic and walk off.:lol

StoOgE

Amir0x said:
I am going to be all fury and brimstone at the questioning as per usual, BUT...

...I am happy and content knowing this is only the first debate, and there are more to come however this outcome. I know Obama got this though, no worries.

Jim Lehrer is not going to ask stupid questions. PBS = gold standard.

A sneak peek of the McCain campaign following the VP debate...

giuliani_mccain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom